*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 23, 2024, 01:10:12 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: other planets  (Read 4097 times)

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
other planets
« on: November 13, 2008, 06:26:44 PM »

They have been photographed, I wonder what they are like...

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/space/11/13/new.planets/index.html

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: other planets
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 08:45:20 PM »

stuff like this really interests me, and it continues to amaze me how people think we are honestly "alone" in the universe.
What is the Alchole level pike at for you Duney.

End

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 10:28:45 PM »

I have a rule I live by in life, and it seems to have worked so far, and I shall continue to be living by it.

"Don't question things your mind can't comprehend. You will waste your life trying, and still fail."

There's no point finding planets 10 light years away you know, because in NONE of our lifetimes will a human or machine ever to be able to travel 10 light years. So we found a planet veeeeeery far away. Want a cookie? Won't do us any good with all the problems we are having on Earth right now, so what is the point. You know?

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 12:03:34 AM »

close-minded ignorant post

Ya, see i don't understand shit like this. "Why bother trying if you don't get to see the cool part in your lifetime?" Are you serious? What a stupid reason not to explore something.

End

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 08:11:38 AM »

Is it a stupid reason? Or did you just comprehend it in a very stupid way?

Why bother wasting your life finding that there are planets 10 light years away? How the hell will that help anything? All these brilliant minds that are focused on trying to discover why stars do what they do, or how far away some thing or another is, why aren't they trying to find a cure for some of the diseases on Earth? Trying to combat the problems on Earth in general. I just think it is pretty pointless, whoopdeedoo you can tell me how far a star is away, want a cookie? I'm not going to get a better nights sleep knowing that some star named OV 8677 is 10 light years away. I just think it is pretty pointless information. Do you think that helps us any? If anything it just proposes more questions, which leads to more money thrown away on space programs, that this country could desperately use at the moment.

I hope you re-consider what you said about ME making a "close-minded ignorant post". Perhaps you can just try to see someone else's point of view before bashing them on it next time.

*MAFIA* Hellraiser

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/jeremy.miller.14855377?sk=wall
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 08:23:52 AM »

I LOVE NIGGER DOG DICK
  Well I understand both of your points of view.  For one, if there are other "beings" out there, then why not try and get into contact with them.  Hell, maybe they have the answers to life and to stop all the strife down here on Earth.  Who knows.  Also, maybe they have some type of machine that can transport "things" and we can travel to their planet as well as they can travel to ours, with out having to be launched into space for a long time.  However on the other hand, there is the problem with money, illnesses, poverty, wars, and the list goes on, that we should be concentrating on.  I am so torn with this topic.   :'( :'( :confused: :'( :confused:

*MAFIA* Dune Surfer

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 12:32:05 PM »

I think its cool when people find new planets and stuff it makes you think further a field and the human race is still trying to progress somewhere. Lets face it, we will eventually run out of natural resources to survive here eventually and therfore even the ability to construct a spacecraft capable of interstella travel so the clocks ticking. Its so easy to get caught up in the insignificent lives we live on this rock but in in all probability theres many other worlds out there just waiting to be discovered but for the forseable future we are imprisoned here by our primitive technology. Even If the new planets we find now are not inhabited by alien beings its still good to know whether they are potentially able to sustain life and theres therfore a chance there could be other people living somewhere.

*MAFIA* ExcoWear

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • www.mafiaowns.com
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 12:40:36 PM »

yea i heard about it. it was on TV this morning. they also found water on one planet i don't know wich one exactly. but they think there are more people living on planets or something.

*MAFIA* Hellraiser

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/jeremy.miller.14855377?sk=wall
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 03:31:46 PM »

yea i heard about it. it was on TV this morning. they also found water on one planet i don't know wich one exactly. but they think there are more people living on planets or something.
  URANUS!  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA

IronMan

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2008, 03:31:22 AM »

URANUS!  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHHAHAHAHAHAH A!!! 10000000000000 000000+ Imaginary rep to Hellraiser ;)!

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2008, 04:05:50 AM »

"we shall live eternity" God has named all the stars, yet they are infinite. as we are meant to be, soon we shall see.

IronMan

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2008, 04:19:46 AM »

Not everyone here is christian you know..

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2008, 10:19:03 AM »

I hope you re-consider what you said about ME making a "close-minded ignorant post". Perhaps you can just try to see someone else's point of view before bashing them on it next time.
No thanks, i think i'll still continue to think you made a close-minded ignorant post. Open your eyes. And why would i bother to see someone else's point of view if it's fucking retarded?

That's like saying "i think cars should be used as food, why don't you just look at it from my point of view instead of instantly saying that's a stupid idea?" Hope you understand my analogy, probably not though.

*MAFIA* Balthazar

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2008, 11:37:40 AM »

No thanks, i think i'll still continue to think you made a close-minded ignorant post. Open your eyes. And why would i bother to see someone else's point of view if it's fucking retarded?

That's like saying "i think cars should be used as food, why don't you just look at it from my point of view instead of instantly saying that's a stupid idea?" Hope you understand my analogy, probably not though.

http://www.zerotosuperhero.com/blog/2008/01/29/how-to-eat-a-car-%E2%80%93-or-accomplish-anything-for-that-matter/

I heart google.

*MAFIA* Dune Surfer

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2008, 12:12:59 PM »

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 25 queries.