*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• April 29, 2024, 01:28:00 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: IF you were to BUY a computer, from who?  (Read 5047 times)

Loaded

IF you were to BUY a computer, from who?
« on: April 26, 2005, 06:57:52 AM »

If anyone here was going to by the top of the line (BEST in the world) gaming computer and money wasn’t a worry what would you get? Also if you can give specs and or a link to the computer you are talking about.

AGAIN BUY, not made by you or a person you know. Please keep it realistic, I am not talking about some $1,000,000 super computer, personnel PC only.

Yes I know a google search will tell me what is out there, but I would like a personal thought on bought systems from our Members and Guest.

NO I am not getting a new computer, the last half dozen years I have made my own. I am just wondering what is out there for gaming.

PLEASE… Keep the bullshit TV gaming systems out of this.

[DOA] Yukk

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 07:53:51 AM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Loaded
If anyone here was going to by the top of the line (BEST in the world) gaming computer and money wasn’t a worry what would you get? Also if you can give specs and or a link to the computer you are talking about.

AGAIN BUY, not made by you or a person you know. Please keep it realistic, I am not talking about some $1,000,000 super computer, personnel PC only.

Yes I know a google search will tell me what is out there, but I would like a personal thought on bought systems from our Members and Guest.

NO I am not getting a new computer, the last half dozen years I have made my own. I am just wondering what is out there for gaming.

PLEASE… Keep the bullshit TV gaming systems out of this.

loaded, i would say alienware, falcon northwest, and voodo would be your best bet for a super pc they cost around $4,000

http://www.falcon-nw.com/index.asp
http://www.alienware.com
http://www.voodoopc.com            CHEERS!

Ins4n3

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 08:34:01 AM »

If you want the best, get a $10K computer from voodoo. But personally, I like to build my own computers because they're cheaper and usually run better in my experiences.

Baron Von Simon

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 12:36:18 PM »

Yukk named just about all of them. I prefer Alien Ware jsut because their cases are pretty. although I've had better experiances performance wise with Falcon NW

btw, my old signature can be found [URL=htt

[DOA] Yukk

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 04:57:17 AM »

Quote from: Baron Von Simon
Yukk named just about all of them. I prefer Alien Ware jsut because their cases are pretty. although I've had better experiances performance wise with Falcon NW

but since he says hes got lots of money to buy one Falcon NW is better because u can customize thier computer cases with anything u want (HL2 Guy, American Flag ect.) u cant do that with alien ware. the only down side of falcon is that it isnt very well known and thier tech support sucks. but i dont think loadeds gonna need that

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005, 05:33:28 AM »

Well paw paw build ya one buying one ready made is garbage and a waste of fucking money to buy that little bit of ink or small sticker or name plate that has a brand name on it is just fucking retarded and the people that waste the money on shit like that needs to be found and shot then their money put to good use building homes for the homeless and feeding the starving kids of the usa fuck the rest of the world let the god damn un handle it bunch of mother fucking pigs feed the kids in some god damn country you cant even pronounce mother fuckers all ned to die what about the kids here in the us? you bunch of commie cock suckers you all need to fucking die god damn sons of bitches!!!

Ins4n3

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2005, 05:37:46 AM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Bonehead
Well paw paw build ya one buying one ready made is garbage and a waste of fucking money to buy that little bit of ink or small sticker or name plate that has a brand name on it is just fucking retarded and the people that waste the money on shit like that needs to be found and shot then their money put to good use building homes for the homeless and feeding the starving kids of the usa fuck the rest of the world let the god damn un handle it bunch of mother fucking pigs feed the kids in some god damn country you cant even pronounce mother fuckers all ned to die what about the kids here in the us? you bunch of commie cock suckers you all need to fucking die god damn sons of bitches!!!

Hm, yeah. What he said.

Loaded

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2005, 07:35:52 AM »

WOW Bone... Ok, lol.

Like I said I am not getting a new box or making one. I just wanted to know what you all think about the stuff that is out there already made. YES IF I was in need of a new computer I would make my own. Well I shouldn’t say "if I was in need", because I really am. Right now I am only running a 1.8 with a 1g of SDRAM (yes that's right SDRAM) and OC ATI 9600 pro.

It is good to know what is out there when the time comes for me to start putting one togeather (when the wife thinks it’s time, that is) I really am NOT into the so called “Cool Boxes”, I care what is in box and airflow the box will give. Which takes me to this “Water Cooling”, what do you all think about that? Me, I think water and electricity is a VERY BAD match. I think I would rather have my box sound like a Jet taking off with as many fans as needed before going with water cooling.

-=cr+sshair=-

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2005, 10:00:47 AM »

wow that voodoo laptop 8585 is incredible! i want one. yes i use laptops and always have and i do move them around alot oso i guess its  good thing.

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2005, 01:07:01 PM »

I agree paw paw water coolers are a bad idea you spring a leak and pfffft there goes that 2,000 dollar system :D stick with air cooled or go to liquid nitrogen but really my system has 3 fans 1ps 1exhaust 1cpu and my shit stays cool and fine :D

Baron Von Simon

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2005, 01:12:01 PM »

what I've done is to just take the side the case off and blow a fan at it. although this really isnt nessecary unless your over-clocking

*MAFIA* Kingpin

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • http://thetribusgroup.com

Loaded

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2005, 07:08:30 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Kingpin
http://www.voodoopc.com/transactions/qksummary.aspx?Qsessid=e8508f23-76a6-4026-9d17-99fe6e44b1ea

I guess that one is ok, lol... Shit yes you get a "Free VoodooPC T-Shirt". Oh shit, I hit "Buy my Dream Machine now".

Loaded

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2005, 08:15:17 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Ins4n3
Weak.

http://www.voodoopc.com/transactions/qksummary.aspx?Qsessid=3c27595b-4c57-4b7e-b9f6-038ec9731a35

WTF!!! Would someone really get that? LOL, could you see the face of the person that checks to see if anyone has done a build up on the web site.

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 30 queries.