*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• April 24, 2024, 12:55:30 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Library  (Read 3311 times)

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Library
« on: January 16, 2010, 01:41:18 PM »

I am having trouble exporting my artists as a text list from itunes. Anyone know how?

Thunder

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: Library
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 02:00:39 PM »

Are you talking about copying or dragging songs into a word document? I had that trouble too. I had to manually type the names in. I couldn't find any way to get around that.

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 02:08:14 PM »

Type it? Fuck that 371 artists would take forever.

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 03:23:38 PM »

I'm not sure how to do it manually.  You can google programs that'll do it for you, but I don't know if they'll work or do exactly what you're looking for.  If you just want a list of artists/songs in a word document, you might have to get to typing.  You can try these:

http://3d2f.com/tags/convert/mp3/txt/

http://mp3.software.informer.com/download-mp3-change-txt/

http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/downloads/text_to_mp3_software/

I haven't tried any of these or really read up on them, so know what you're doing before you download and install...

StimPH

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 02:24:04 AM »

When you dont need it as a text but just as a list of artist I would suggest the print-screen button on your keyboard. And then just drag those pics into a word document.

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 12:13:59 PM »

When you dont need it as a text but just as a list of artist I would suggest the print-screen button on your keyboard. And then just drag those pics into a word document.
You don't seem to understand... 371 artist + multiple albums for each artist = over 12,000 songs. That shit would take a few hours to do, that's time I could be playin BF, getting my fuck on, beating off when shes not here, or watching the playoffs. No thanks hah. I just wanted to make a thread where people post their artist library, see what everyone listens to.

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2010, 12:37:37 PM »

http://forums.ilounge.com/archive/index.php/t-175952.html

You can export a song list, but not just artists.While you can't export just a list of artists, you can copy and paste the list if you have MS Excel or other spreadsheet applications. If you have Excel:

- Open iTunes and view the contents of your library. Note: If you want to exclude certain things from your list (like videos) make a playlist of only what you want to include in your list, then view that playlist and proceed.

- Click on one of the songs, then Edit/Select All, then Edit/Copy.

- Open Excel and paste what you copied.

- Delete all columns except Artist. Note that you'll have repeats of Artist names.

- To eliminate repeats of Artist names, insert a row at the top and create a column header above the list of Artists (e.g. 'Artist').

- Select the list of artists (the entire column, or just the list of artist names)

- Choose Data/Filter/Advanced Filter. Click 'OK' at the warning.

- In the Advanced Filter window, click "Unique records only", then OK.

That will reduce your library to a list of artist names with no repeats. It sounds like a lot of work, but it's really simple to do. Note that you can print the filtered list, copy and paste the filtered list into another worksheet or document, and that the Advanced Filter can be undone (Data/Filter/Show All). Also note that if you leave the Album column next to Artist, you can reduce your library to a list of Albums by each Artist.

StimPH

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2010, 12:49:54 PM »

You don't seem to understand... 371 artist + multiple albums for each artist = over 12,000 songs. That shit would take a few hours to do, that's time I could be playin BF, getting my fuck on, beating off when shes not here, or watching the playoffs. No thanks hah. I just wanted to make a thread where people post their artist library, see what everyone listens to.

I didn't know where you needed it for, yeah it would take ages that way  :-\ . I like the idea though and now Roshan explained how to do it, everybody can work it out, when they want to  :P
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 12:58:02 PM by StimPH »

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2010, 12:52:31 PM »

http://forums.ilounge.com/archive/index.php/t-175952.html

You can export a song list, but not just artists.While you can't export just a list of artists, you can copy and paste the list if you have MS Excel or other spreadsheet applications. If you have Excel:

- Open iTunes and view the contents of your library. Note: If you want to exclude certain things from your list (like videos) make a playlist of only what you want to include in your list, then view that playlist and proceed.

- Click on one of the songs, then Edit/Select All, then Edit/Copy.

- Open Excel and paste what you copied.

- Delete all columns except Artist. Note that you'll have repeats of Artist names.

- To eliminate repeats of Artist names, insert a row at the top and create a column header above the list of Artists (e.g. 'Artist').

- Select the list of artists (the entire column, or just the list of artist names)

- Choose Data/Filter/Advanced Filter. Click 'OK' at the warning.

- In the Advanced Filter window, click "Unique records only", then OK.

That will reduce your library to a list of artist names with no repeats. It sounds like a lot of work, but it's really simple to do. Note that you can print the filtered list, copy and paste the filtered list into another worksheet or document, and that the Advanced Filter can be undone (Data/Filter/Show All). Also note that if you leave the Album column next to Artist, you can reduce your library to a list of Albums by each Artist.
+rep for till my finger gets tired, thanks man.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 30 queries.