*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• March 29, 2024, 02:29:26 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Car Insurance Shit  (Read 2231 times)

*MAFIA* Dune Surfer

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Car Insurance Shit
« on: January 20, 2010, 05:35:08 AM »

This old biddy drove into the back of my car over christmas. A guy from her insurance company came round to assess the damage. I got a phone call from her insurance company today saying the cost to repair the rear-end exceeds the value of my car so they won't pay for the repair and want to declare my car as a write-off. The car runs fine and just passed its MOT yesterday after the damage. I've spent a shed load on it, luv it and want to keep it. Its fully taxed and insured. Her insurance company won't give me enough money to repair it, so do do I just have to live with the damage and repair it up to what the settlement can afford me. Does anyone know my legal rights? I'm totally naieve when it comes to this stuff.  :-\

*MAFIA* Hellraiser

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/jeremy.miller.14855377?sk=wall
Re: Car Insurance Shit
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 05:42:03 AM »

This old biddy drove into the back of my car over christmas. A guy from her insurance company came round to assess the damage. I got a phone call from her insurance company today saying the cost to repair the rear-end exceeds the value of my car so they won't pay for the repair and want to declare my car as a write-off. The car runs fine and just passed its MOT yesterday after the damage. I've spent a shed load on it, luv it and want to keep it. Its fully taxed and insured. Her insurance company won't give me enough money to repair it, so do do I just have to live with the damage and repair it up to what the settlement can afford me. Does anyone know my legal rights? I'm totally naieve when it comes to this stuff.  :-\
  I know in the US you can buy the title from the insurance company, because that is who basically pays off the car, however, if you already have the title, I am sure you can just take the cash the bank gives you and do what you like with it.  If your car passed all inspections and is not considered to be unsafe on the roads then you should be fine. 

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 01:47:21 PM »

Talk to Tim_@916 about it, he's into all that.  Or hire Mean Green as your lawyer.

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 05:46:03 PM »

That blows man, I've always wondered what would happen in a situation like that if my VW Bus were in an accident and they considered it a "scrapper." Good luck with it though, hope someone here knows the answer.
What is the Alchole level pike at for you Duney.

Tim_@916

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 08:54:09 PM »

HEY DUNE,
The insurance Co is only liable to you for the value of the car.  In the US,  most companies use "Kelly Blue Book" to determine the value of a vehicle( web site is "kbb.com"). If the damage to the vehicle exceeds the value of the car, then your only legal recourse is to sue the driver for the difference.  To her Ins Co include ALL custom parts including stereo, speakers, seat covers, rims, tires, chrome engine parts, etc. Also include your physical pain on a scale of 1-10(1 being minimal pain). Without a lawyer, they should offer additional physical damage.  Then go to after the driver. These are US rules and suing for value exceeding the KBB + Custom Parts And Equipment value is rough. In every wreck there is a value for physical damage. In the US the ceiling to physical damage is the value listed on HER policy.  Often if you threaten to Lawyer-up the physical damage offer will increase. How good a friend is the gal?
She should offer you the excess!

MaNiX

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 08:59:34 PM »

IF "she" drove into the back of your car.. Her insurance company is liable. If the damage is more than the over all vehicle is worth, then they are required to give you the the market value of the vehicle. Then they usually acquire the vehicle from you which you may or may not be able to buy back (As others have already said)

I suggest you take your vehicle to a few shops and get a estimate for repair done for several reasons.

1. To make sure her insurance company has a proper estimate on the damage done.
2. To have an additional estimate in case it has to go to court.

Most repair shops tend to have different prices for labor and parts, you may be able to find one which could fix it cheaper than the value of the vehicle. If you can, then the insurance company must give you the amount in which was stated on the repair bill, assuming it does not go over market value for which the vehicle is worth. At that point you may either get it fixed at that shop or do like I do and go to the junkyard and get the parts cheaper. Install the parts yourself, then pay for the work to get it painted. I have done this and ended up with a little bit extra money in my pocket. :)

Tim_@916

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 04:18:49 AM »

Dune DA DA Fukin Dune,
 Haven't seen ya around fer awhile. I'll be in around 11:30 Cali time Sunday.  American football PLAYOFFs are on. Winner goes to the Superbowl. Big food spread & beers and all.  See ya then & we'll talk more if your in. Good Luck if not!

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 10:39:32 AM »

Dune DA DA Fukin Dune,
 Haven't seen ya around fer awhile. I'll be in around 11:30 Cali time Sunday.  American football PLAYOFFs are on. Winner goes to the Superbowl. Big food spread & beers and all.  See ya then & we'll talk more if your in. Good Luck if not!

Come on into ventrilo if you're reading this Dune (or anyone else), Tim, Ricardo and I are talking about insurance, football, and getting ready to play Mayhem.

*MAFIA* Ricardo

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 12:23:40 PM »

Come on into ventrilo if you're reading this Dune (or anyone else), Tim, Ricardo and I are talking about insurance, football, and getting ready to play Mayhem.

Exaclty, await you mate.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 12:36:41 PM by Ricardo »

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 30 queries.