*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• April 28, 2024, 02:02:37 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: ANOTHER BF2 Problem...  (Read 2986 times)

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
ANOTHER BF2 Problem...
« on: February 22, 2010, 04:07:04 PM »

So I reinstalled BF2, I was playing online in the original version of the game and just got sick of all the bunny hopping fags, so I installed the 1.41 patch. I checked online and there was only like 3 servers I could play from... So I tried to install the 1.5 patch and this is what it tells me in the middle of the patching...

I have tried to patch this before and I got the same message, so I reinstalled, re-downloaded the 1.41 and 1.5 patches, installed them and it gave me this CRC error AGAIN... WTF???
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 04:11:39 PM by *MAFIA* ßlÃ¥kjáx »

MeZmoriZe

• Forum Member
  • The Emo Wonder
    • View Profile
Re: ANOTHER BF2 Problem...
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 04:15:29 PM »

So I reinstalled BF2, I was playing online in the original version of the game and just got sick of all the bunny hopping fags, so I installed the 1.41 patch. I checked online and there was only like 3 servers I could play from... So I tried to install the 1.5 patch and this is what it tells me in the middle of the patching...

I have tried to patch this before and I got the same message, so I reinstalled, re-downloaded the 1.41 and 1.5 patches, installed them and it gave me this CRC error AGAIN... WTF???
Have you tried shutting down unnecessary processes while installing?

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 04:55:52 PM »

Have you tried shutting down unnecessary processes while installing?
Fuck this, I got it to install after tweaking with my folders and such, but now I go into game to find that I have a Global Guid ban... How does that happen? Is it because I used a account that had a global ban on it from like 3 years ago? I have a new fucking key... Whatever, fuck EA and punkbuster. I am done messing with this fucking game.

MeZmoriZe

• Forum Member
  • The Emo Wonder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 06:29:38 PM »

Fuck this, I got it to install after tweaking with my folders and such, but now I go into game to find that I have a Global Guid ban... How does that happen? Is it because I used a account that had a global ban on it from like 3 years ago? I have a new fucking key... Whatever, fuck EA and punkbuster. I am done messing with this fucking game.
By now, I wouldn't doubt it if half of the available key hashes weren't gen'd for hackers.

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 07:29:32 PM »

Buy a brand new game for like $20 and reinstall with your new key, you shouldn't have any problems.  Or wait for Bad Company 2 or BF1943.

*MAFIA* Hellraiser

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/jeremy.miller.14855377?sk=wall
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 08:54:30 AM »

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't a GUID ban mean that you cp is what is actually banned along with the CD key?  That is what I was told.

MeZmoriZe

• Forum Member
  • The Emo Wonder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 10:22:26 AM »

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't a GUID ban mean that you cp is what is actually banned along with the CD key?  That is what I was told.
Oh yeah, that's right, they ban your hard drive serial number or something crazy like that.

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 10:43:03 AM »

They did that when the game was in its early years. Now, they are not allowed to ban your hardware in the computer. They do PB GUID bans which is the ID that Punkbuster gives you and that ID streams to the PB Master Ban List. A lot of the top servers are streaming to that so that if you were banned on one server, you'll be banned from any server that streams to the MBL.

Also, when people were getting hardware bans many years ago, it was possible to spoof the ID so it looked like you had a new computer when you didn't.

*MAFIA* Hellraiser

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/jeremy.miller.14855377?sk=wall
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 12:01:38 PM »

Oh yeah, that's right, they ban your hard drive serial number or something crazy like that.
  I didn't know if it was your hard drive or your mother board serial # but I thought it was one of the two. 

That sounds right Roshan.  I know I tried to go on several other servers, but that same message would pop up after I was in game for about 2 mins. 

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 30 queries.