*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• April 25, 2024, 08:35:16 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: NEW Mods added to the MAFIA server!  (Read 12070 times)

*MAFIA* BassSlappa

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
  • Music Keeps me Going
    • View Profile
Re: NEW Mods added to the MAFIA server!
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2010, 08:47:12 PM »

Speaking of odd stuff, how come i have one of misfits bunkers on my battleaxe? I know i never installed one of his patches because i was never around when he had patches....

...Basically where are the most up to date patches? or are there any?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 08:52:09 PM by *MAFIA* Sgt. Bob »

*MAFIA* Meeester

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2010, 08:52:09 PM »

You mean the bunker that was already on with the <M> symbol at the top? Just delete it.

*MAFIA* BassSlappa

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
  • Music Keeps me Going
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2010, 09:09:40 PM »

You mean the bunker that was already on with the <M> symbol at the top? Just delete it.
In my battlefield files, how do i tell which is a patch and which is the original file? I should just delete all my patches at this point. I've got a bunch of old foxes ones spamming up my levels  haha
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 10:00:45 PM by *MAFIA* Sgt. Bob »

*MAFIA* Meeester

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2010, 09:39:59 PM »

In my battlefield files, how do i tell which is a patch and which is the original file? I should just delete all my patches at this point. I've got a bunch of old foxes ones spamming up my levels. Anybody want them? haha

This is the 1942 forum, not the other.

The original maps in the folder should be 000, 003, and 090. The rest should be different numbers such as 190 or anything else that would be a patch.

*MAFIA* BassSlappa

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
  • Music Keeps me Going
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2010, 10:00:16 PM »

The original maps in the folder should be 000, 003, and 090. The rest should be different numbers such as 190 or anything else that would be a patch.
Oh ok thanks. And ya i forgot this wasn't the member's section lol but oh well i was joking anyways. I'm sure they've changed all their patches anyways. Either way I'll edit that. I'd rather stay unbanned.

But of course you still have it in your quote lol.

Loaded

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2010, 04:54:29 AM »

090 is the "any switch" mod, nothing to do with stock maps.

*MAFIA* Meeester

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2010, 06:03:38 AM »

good to know.

*MAFIA* BassSlappa

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
  • Music Keeps me Going
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2010, 11:54:25 AM »

So I'm fine with getting rid of anything but 000 and 003? I can save the anyswitch i guess but it doesnt work all that great for me anyways. Only works about half the time.

Loaded

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2010, 12:13:27 PM »

So I'm fine with getting rid of anything but 000 and 003? I can save the anyswitch i guess but it doesnt work all that great for me anyways. Only works about half the time.

Just keep in mine anything over 003, (as in 004 and so on), so I wouldn't remove anything under 003. I think Battle of the Bulge as a 000.rfa file and there are many more with that 000.rfa file name. If you have any switch, you don't want to remove 090.rfa file names.

To be safe... Just name them .blk... As in, say you have a file named battleaxe_007. rfa, just name it battleaxe_007.blk. This way you wont have to take the chance of removing something you shouldn't and if you ever want to use the files again you just need to replace the .blk with .rfa, BF wont read the files with .blk, so really the map folder is just a storage spot for those new named map files.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 12:16:04 PM by *MAFIA* ReLoaded »

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2010, 02:49:10 PM »

Well since I've been back I've played the server for several days now, and here is what I've noticed...

I like the auto take-off, spawn points that are closer together, and how there isn't just one place a person spawns per point, so there's less of a chance of spawn killing.  Bazookas should be more powerful than the default the game has set them as, but the ones on our server are a bit over-kill.  There needs to be an option to spawn in the main base still.  Most of the newly modded maps don't have the option to spawn at the base - you HAVE to spawn in the middle.  It seems like 2/3 of the map space has been eliminated.  I know the point was to focus all the fighting in one central spot, but it wouldn't hurt to add the main base spawns back.  I don't like having no fall damage.  I know we are all pretty much 50/50 on that one, so to compromise maybe have it on half the maps and not have it on the other half.  The same goes with flying expacks/mines.  They're useful sometimes, but other times are not, and we might have to go 50/50 on them as well.  I know we're all different on what we like and what we want, and there's no clear cut answer on a lot of things.

Malbert has spent a lot of time (remember the bot mods?) on these and so I don't want his effort to be put to waste.  I still don't understand why the less popular maps weren't modded first, and the current ones on the server modded last.  The top 8 maps on the rotation based were base on this poll  and on this thread.  Those were the maps that the majority of the people liked to play and the mods did not need to be changed (for the most part).  What we really need is for the other maps not on the current rotation to have all the new mods so everyone will like them just as much.    

In the end I think we'll just have to go with old mods on half the maps and new mods on half the maps.  I'm willing to upload and try any mod at this point, but at the end of about a month, if we don't see the increase in popularity, some of the old maps might be re-uploaded.  I know some of you think it's the mods that will attract people, and that is partly true, but we haven't seen any increase in numbers (or decrease)...  I still think it is the number of people online when players search for a server.  If they see our server having 20+ people, then it will start to fill more consistently, and the only way to do that is to play on it OURSELVES and to recruit the public who play on it to come back.

Edit:  I'm not complaining, I think it is good that we are making changes.  These are just my personal observations and opinions.  We don't have to do any of the things I've listed, they are just suggestions.  You don't have to agree with me, but I'm not looking for an argument.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 03:50:33 PM by *MAFIA* Beatlejuice »

*MAFIA* Hellraiser

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/jeremy.miller.14855377?sk=wall
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2010, 03:33:18 PM »

1.  Don't like the spawn points on Omaha 

Loaded

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2010, 05:04:01 PM »

Myself I really don't enjoy the server anymore with the new mods. I think my biggest problem is the close spawn points and no spawns at the mains (I did point this concern out to Malbert). Close spawns like we have now is why I never liked the earlier COD series.

I just show up now because I feel I should. BUT not knowing who the MAFIA players are anymore (because so many are fucking around with different names), I am starting to feel I wont just join the server because I think I have too.

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2010, 07:20:40 PM »

the old tried and true mods is what made the server, now its just a modded whore house...

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2010, 07:26:28 PM »

Good thing you're the founder of the whore house.

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2010, 07:32:35 PM »

Good thing you're the founder of the whore house.

That makes him pimp daddy:  Bonhead_P

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 31 queries.