*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• April 24, 2024, 07:42:07 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: mafia server IP change  (Read 4469 times)

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
mafia server IP change
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2010, 07:12:41 PM »

I don't think it can due to the fact of EA/DICE not releasing server files to the public. I think the only opition is to rent from licensed rentaillers.

Arghh. Why do they do this kind of stuff?! I'm sure there would be a lot more servers and players if they allowed people to run their own. And since most of these games have stats and that's what EA is worried about, they should make it so that if you alter any of the files then it becomes unranked.

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
mafia server IP change
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2010, 07:21:54 PM »

Arghh. Why do they do this kind of stuff?! I'm sure there would be a lot more servers and players if they allowed people to run their own. And since most of these games have stats and that's what EA is worried about, they should make it so that if you alter any of the files then it becomes unranked.

It's supposedly to prevent the pirating of the game, and/or to prevent the creation of cracked game servers so that the pirate is not rewarded with access to online gameplay. Just another redicculus ploy to limit content.

Loaded

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
mafia server IP change
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2010, 08:13:36 AM »

True but you usually do an "Edit...found it." type of a modification.  How was the lag - connection problems, or just regular?  At least the European players are getting a better ping.

I was just messing with you... It was my connection as always.

And no... I said "if I still don't find it I'll let you know". No reason to add another 1kb in text to the forums hard drive with a edit. So now I have added another 2kb to point out to you what I would/wouldn't have done. Noob.

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
mafia server IP change
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2010, 08:41:17 AM »

I was just messing with you... It was my connection as always.

And no... I said "if I still don't find it I'll let you know". No reason to add another 1kb in text to the forums hard drive with a edit. So now I have added another 2kb to point out to you what I would/wouldn't have done. Noob.

So what's in the quote is about 3kb?

Vermillion

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
mafia server IP change
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2010, 10:21:52 AM »

How is it the world's deadest game?  Wouldn't that be one that isn't played anymore.  And we are getting Bad Company 2 and/or BF1943 hooked up here soon.  Maybe you'll be around here when we do?

everyone playing besides us is gay.
im all for new battlefields!!
ill rent the server if everyone throws there 1942 cds in a blender

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 31 queries.