*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 02, 2024, 01:32:50 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: USS Hornet CV-12  (Read 3557 times)

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
USS Hornet CV-12
« on: January 17, 2011, 12:15:47 AM »

Here's just a few of the pics I took. I didn't want to upload all of them so I tried to pick the best overall ones.

*MAFIA* Dune Surfer

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: USS Hornet CV-12
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 12:46:23 AM »

An old skool Penis powered turbine? Is that a cast of Manowars butt in 86?  ;D

*MAFIA* Ricardo

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 07:55:29 AM »

Really nice pics roshan. :)

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 08:41:06 AM »

That's a big boat with many compartments.

*MAFIA* Malbert

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 09:09:51 AM »

How many Gallons of gas do you think it chugs a day; damn. Yeah this reminds me of the times when I went and saw the USS Enterprise in the Hudson Bay; they also had a submarine to go in next to it but I'm pretty sure it was some kind of tiny sub, or maybe I just couldn't tell cuz it was (duh duh) under the water; and I was around the age of 12 at the time.

*MAFIA* Manowar

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
  • Hail and Kill
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 10:19:54 AM »

An old skool Penis powered turbine? Is that a cast of Manowars butt in 86;D

Yes it is Duney, and the chamber on the front side is my penis tanning booth.    :zomg:

Ultimate embarrassment, running into a wall with a boner and breaking your nose first.

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 12:04:42 PM »

How many Gallons of gas do you think it chugs a day; damn.

It was either .18 or .018 miles per gallon, can't remember which exact one. But yea, it's a gas guzzler.

Because of this, it carried 600,000 gallons of bunker oil. 250,000 gallons of jet fuel, and 250,000 gallons of aviation fuel. Also had a 200-300,000 tank for converting saltwater into freshwater.

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 03:55:43 PM »

Do they show you more of the Hornet than they do with the Intrepid? It looks like you got to see a lot more then I did.

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 04:41:30 PM »

Do they show you more of the Hornet than they do with the Intrepid? It looks like you got to see a lot more then I did.

You enter through the hangar bay and there's a lot of different aircraft in there you can check out, which I didn't post pics of. You need to have a guided tour for the forward engine room, but you're free to explore a lot of different places after that. We saw the small prison/holding cell, officers quarters, officer's dining, enlisted quarters, diesel engine room, boiler/turbine engine room, anchor chains area and a lot of other pretty cool rooms. Above deck, you go on a tour of the island so you get to see all the navigation rooms, the places where the captain and admiral are, the place where they control the landing of planes, and the power and steering areas.

Yea it did seem like a lot to see and the cool thing was that you can explore most of the places by yourself, if it's not cautioned off due to safety risks.

*MAFIA* Malbert

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 05:50:31 PM »

Oops, that's what I saw, the Intrepid, not the Enterprise. The Enterprise is from 1942!

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2011, 06:56:21 PM »

You enter through the hangar bay and there's a lot of different aircraft in there you can check out, which I didn't post pics of. You need to have a guided tour for the forward engine room, but you're free to explore a lot of different places after that. We saw the small prison/holding cell, officers quarters, officer's dining, enlisted quarters, diesel engine room, boiler/turbine engine room, anchor chains area and a lot of other pretty cool rooms. Above deck, you go on a tour of the island so you get to see all the navigation rooms, the places where the captain and admiral are, the place where they control the landing of planes, and the power and steering areas.

Yea it did seem like a lot to see and the cool thing was that you can explore most of the places by yourself, if it's not cautioned off due to safety risks.
Ah, that's probably why, I didn't get a guided tour.

Thunder

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2011, 09:31:45 PM »

I've been on the Hornet. It's truly incredible. It looks like you got to see a lot more than I did, though. A lot of parts of the carrier were taped off for some reason. Probably renovations and repairs. Great pictures!

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 30 queries.