*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• March 28, 2024, 01:25:25 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Battlefield?  (Read 6501 times)

*MAFIA* BassSlappa

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
  • Music Keeps me Going
    • View Profile
Battlefield?
« on: January 29, 2011, 02:20:43 PM »

So I havent been all that actice as of late, mainly cuz i've been busy with school, music, and my girlfriend  ;) Also, I dont have ventrilo or battlefield on my new laptop, and since i seldom use my desktop computer anymore, I havent been on any of the servers. I can easily put ventrilo on my laptop since it has a built in mic, but how should I go about putting battlefield on it? I have 3/4 CD's needed for installation (one I accidentally rolled over with a chair lol) but I don't have the Cd's anymore. The missing one is just an expansion pack, but i'm not sure if its necessary for the full installation. So should I even bother with the CD's i have, or just torrent a copy of battlefield onto the laptop and get a CD key for it somewhere?

*MAFIA* Malbert

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 10:15:08 PM »

So I havent been all that actice as of late, mainly cuz i've been busy with school, music, and my girlfriend  ;) Also, I dont have ventrilo or battlefield on my new laptop, and since i seldom use my desktop computer anymore, I havent been on any of the servers. I can easily put ventrilo on my laptop since it has a built in mic, but how should I go about putting battlefield on it? I have 3/4 CD's needed for installation (one I accidentally rolled over with a chair lol) but I don't have the Cd's anymore. The missing one is just an expansion pack, but i'm not sure if its necessary for the full installation. So should I even bother with the CD's i have, or just torrent a copy of battlefield onto the laptop and get a CD key for it somewhere?
YOU WERE NEVER ACTIVE; w8 a second who the fuck are you anyways!

I don't see a reason to not get ventrilo in the . . .

that you just told us; so get vent first then ask us questions and tell us your Lies, Lies and Slander on ventrilo.

*MAFIA* BassSlappa

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
  • Music Keeps me Going
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 11:54:27 PM »

YOU WERE NEVER ACTIVE; w8 a second who the fuck are you anyways!

I don't see a reason to not get ventrilo in the . . .

that you just told us; so get vent first then ask us questions and tell us your Lies, Lies and Slander on ventrilo.
Oh I guess that was kinda redundant then...oh well. And I was somewhat active! Not as much as you obviously but there were times where i'd play a lot. More than some members...anyw ays i'll put in ventrilo right now.

Loaded

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 07:29:06 AM »

Stop hanging over at FOXES with your FOX clan name and spend more time here, we would like to see ya more.

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 11:05:01 AM »

Re-install it or get a torrent.  We still play.

*MAFIA* BassSlappa

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
  • Music Keeps me Going
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 12:31:04 PM »

Alright so i dun goofed, and when i ran a key-changer, my whole laptop crashed. There musta been a virus or something in it but it got past all my antivirus programs. Now it won't start. I can get to BIOS setup and look at HP's recovery options, and was even able to start it in safe mode for a while last night. But whenever I start windows normally, it boots up really slow and when it finally starts and windows is running, it last about 35 seconds of seemingly acting normal, and goes to a blue screen of death.  I've already done a system restore but whatever is fucking with my laptop wasnt affected by that.   Any suggestions?

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 12:49:24 PM »

Start it in safe mode like you said, but then try running a virus scan (if the comp will stay on) and see if it's actually a virus.

Download Malwarebytes and run that. This is a pretty powerful program.

*MAFIA* BassSlappa

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
  • Music Keeps me Going
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2011, 01:37:52 PM »

Start it in safe mode like you said, but then try running a virus scan (if the comp will stay on) and see if it's actually a virus.

Download Malwarebytes and run that. This is a pretty powerful program.
I installed that program just by putting the setup in my shared files (internet explorer wouldnt work even in safe mode w/networking) and ran it. It found two viruses and a bad registry error, and quarantined/deleted/fixed em all. But when i tried starting windows normally again, i still got the same problems. And now i dont even think I can get to safe mode anymore.

Also, I ran malwarebytes on the desktop i'm using now just for shits and giggles, and found  132 infected files lol. The laptop had three and is crashed, yet the desktop had 132 and still works relatively fine. Ironic much?

Also also, i'm on ventrilo if anyone feels like trying to help.

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2011, 04:09:39 PM »

It sounds like your laptop might be more of a hardware problem than a software problem like your desktop is, so you might need a new hard drive or power supply or something, I don't know, I thought Malwarebytes would help.

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2011, 04:41:07 PM »

Reinstalling Windows should be the easiest fix. If it loads Windows then crashes, then it's most likely not your hard drive.

*MAFIA* BassSlappa

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
  • Music Keeps me Going
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2011, 07:38:54 PM »

I have an option to restore the laptop to factory settings but that would delete all my files off of it. which I dont want to do but I might be able to use my flash drive to transfer the important stuff over to the computer i'm on now. It'll take a while but unless anyone has any other advice, I dont think I have a choice. I ran malwarebytes and got rid of two nasty rootkits (supposedly) but its still all fucked up and crashing after a few seconds of loading up the desktop.

*MAFIA* BassSlappa

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
  • Music Keeps me Going
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2011, 01:47:44 AM »

Sorry for double post but I got my laptop running! I'm posting on it right now  ;) Thanks Balthazar for all the help. lots of +rep for you. I'm still paranoid that its going to crash any second but for now it seems pretty stable. 

*MAFIA* Malbert

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2011, 08:31:30 AM »

Sorry for double post but I got my laptop running! I'm posting on it right now  ;) Thanks Balthazar for all the help. lots of +rep for you. I'm still paranoid that its going to crash any second but for now it seems pretty stable. 
- rep for you, for double posting.
and for Balth LOTS of + rep

TheMichael

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2011, 09:15:18 AM »

Hey Bob, are you gay?

Loaded

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2011, 11:20:06 AM »

Hey Bob, are you gay?

He could be, but not as gay as the gifs you are showing in your sig and avatar, get with the times all that crap was 3+ years ago.
(maf members just don't get out much so they don't know whats going with gifs in sigs and avatars, so they are good to go)

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 30 queries.