*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• April 18, 2024, 07:45:25 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Patchswitcher.  (Read 3747 times)

*MAFIA* BassSlappa

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
  • Music Keeps me Going
    • View Profile
Patchswitcher.
« on: February 07, 2011, 03:15:20 PM »

Ok so apparently i'm just an uber noob and I cant get any patchswitchers to work. It might be because windows 7 can be a pain in the ass sometimes or it might be because i'm on a 64-bit computer, or it might be because i'm doing something wrong, but everytime I run the patchswitcher (and it says switch successful) I go to run the game and it goes to a black screen like its going to start, but then I get an error sound (no error message just an error sound) and I go back to the desktop.

I did everything exactly like the instructions said. I put the patchswitcher into my main battlefield folder, and ran the .exe without the game running. I even ran the .exe as an administrator and set permissions so that I'm able to modify any files in the folder, but still nothing has worked. I've tried the mafia patchswitcher and the 3v0 patchswitcher both to no avail. Anybody have any advice? I won't be able to play our server since i'm stuck in 1.61.

Loaded

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: Patchswitcher.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 04:36:52 PM »

I am just assuming here, but I wouldn't think the patch switcher would even work on Vista or Win7... Reason, because the path to the Reg files would not be correct for the switcher to work on the newer OS. Again just assuming.

Just in case... Things do sometimes get missed... You are sure you have 1.6 and 1.61 patches installed right? What about the mod folder choice with the patch switcher, did you pick the correct one?

*MAFIA* BassSlappa

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
  • Music Keeps me Going
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 04:42:24 PM »

Ya I have both patches installed. Balth says my problem is that I don't have battlefield running on a physical CD. I'm running a cracked copy out of a folder. So I don't think it'll work. I'll play around with it though, and see what I can come up with.

Waffleboy

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 06:33:20 PM »

Did the patch switcher come with files in a separate folder or are they all packed into a single executable? If there are separate folders, just replace your bf1942 and bf1942_w32ded files in your root bf directory and the contentcrc32.c on and init.con files in your bf1942 folder.

*MAFIA* Malbert

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 08:30:49 AM »

Did the patch switcher come with files in a separate folder or are they all packed into a single executable? If there are separate folders, just replace your bf1942 and bf1942_w32ded files in your root bf directory and the contentcrc32.c on and init.con files in your bf1942 folder.
Another idea going off of waffles is make your own patchswitcher. Uninstall the game, hopefully you still have a download for it and reinstall it with crack. Then copy these files that Waffle said (im going off of Waffle what files are actually patched) to a folder in ur Documents titled something like "BF 1.6" then patch the game, then copy the patched files to a folder called "BF 1.61". Then just copy the version you want into your bf1942 file.

Waffleboy

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 01:00:35 PM »

Another idea going off of waffles is make your own patchswitcher. Uninstall the game, hopefully you still have a download for it and reinstall it with crack. Then copy these files that Waffle said (im going off of Waffle what files are actually patched) to a folder in ur Documents titled something like "BF 1.6" then patch the game, then copy the patched files to a folder called "BF 1.61". Then just copy the version you want into your bf1942 file.

Yup, I actually do that myself.  The only thing patchswitchers do is change those 4 files, no registry keys or anything else, so it's really easy to do manually.

*MAFIA* BassSlappa

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
  • Music Keeps me Going
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 03:16:17 PM »

Yup, I actually do that myself.  The only thing patchswitchers do is change those 4 files, no registry keys or anything else, so it's really easy to do manually.
The patchswitcher does has folders for the files that are being switched. So lemme get this straight. I:
1)Uninstall the game
2)Reinstall with crack
3)Take the files from the patchswitcher folder, and copy them into my battlefield folder, overwriting those four files?

If i'm just overwriting these files then what is the point of re-installing?

EDIT: fuck it all. I cant get the patchswitcher to work, I cant get hacks to work, I cant get anykey to work, the game constantly crashes. Cracked copies are shit. I'm just going to order the entire collection (BF1942 + Road to Rome + Secret Weapons + Vietnam) for only 10 bucks, shipped right to my house. I could use the new CD key anyways, i'm tired of being banned on a select few servers.

*MAFIA* BassSlappa

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
  • Music Keeps me Going
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 10:05:30 AM »

Sorry for double post, but I wanted to bump this. I got a new game, and its version 1.6 so I dont even have to worry about a patchswitcher unless I really want to play a 1.61 server. Hacks and everything work fine too. The only thing is I cant get my anyswitch to work.

[X]-TasY`

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 10:47:49 AM »

If you are using Window 7 then you will need to change the directory.

From C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\Mods\bf1942\Archives\bf1942\levels
to C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\Mods\bf1942\Archives\bf1942\levels

*MAFIA* BassSlappa

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
  • Music Keeps me Going
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2011, 07:50:02 PM »

If you are using Window 7 then you will need to change the directory.

From C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\Mods\bf1942\Archives\bf1942\levels
to C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\Mods\bf1942\Archives\bf1942\levels

/Ya i figured that out when i first installed it but it didnt seem to be working. After a few rounds though, it started working fine. Well it worked normal anyways, anyswitch never works perfectly lol.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 30 queries.