*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• March 29, 2024, 04:07:43 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Motorcycle thread  (Read 14554 times)

*MAFIA* Milky Way

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: Motorcycle thread
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2012, 10:09:15 PM »

I'd also recommend against a 600cc as your first bike. I speak from experience when I say that its to much power. I could have easily killed myself on it multiple times and I ultimately crashed it because I gave it to much power up a hill and the thing flipped on me. 250 would be great. You'll learn the basics and how to handle it without thinking about the fucking rocket beneath you as you're ripping it down the highway going 120 and forgetting that you actually don't "really' know how to ride a bike.

Head Hunter

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2014, 01:43:04 PM »

So this happened. Finally got my first bike yesterday. 06 GSXR 600. +rep to the first person to tell me I'll kill myself and should've got a 250. Already fact.

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2014, 05:34:03 PM »

Un-fucking-necessary, do yourself a favor and never leave 3rd gear. that being said, that is one really, really nice bike. The breaks look like trashcan lids.
What is the Alchole level pike at for you Duney.

Head Hunter

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2014, 03:13:32 AM »

Un-fucking-necessary, do yourself and never leave 3rd gear.

+rep You're right. But I got it for what I would've paid for a ninja 250 so I decided to jump on it. It's a horrifying wheelie monster but I'll just be that much more motivated to ride safely.

Loaded

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2014, 07:07:20 AM »

Nice... To bad you will be dead in a week, at best a few broken bones with road rash.

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2014, 07:36:40 PM »

So if someone who has never ridden a motorcycle before wants to now, how do they go about it? Do you buy a cheap bike first, learn to ride it, then take the test?

Also, what's a good brand/bike to start with?

(Just wondering, I don't plan on buying one anytime soon but something to think about for the future)

Head Hunter

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2014, 01:48:44 AM »

I can't speak for everyone but this is what worked for me. Having never even sat on a bike I took the MSF course. They assume you know nothing about riding and will teach you everything you need to know. You won't come out a moto GP racer but you will have a good foundation to build on. Also when you pass the course you don't have to take the DMV riding test, just the written. Don't wait, do it now before you get a wife that'll tell you no lol.

*MAFIA* Manowar

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
  • Hail and Kill
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2014, 07:23:53 AM »

My bikes
Suzuki 90
Honda 100
Yamaha 250
Honda 450 4
Suzuki 380 ramjet
Honda 750 4

Yes, start small and work up at your comfort lvl.

Ultimate embarrassment, running into a wall with a boner and breaking your nose first.

*MAFIA* masebot1

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • Mason's art site
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2014, 08:10:30 PM »

Loaded

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2014, 05:11:11 AM »

So if someone who has never ridden a motorcycle before wants to now, how do they go about it? Do you buy a cheap bike first, learn to ride it, then take the test?

Also, what's a good brand/bike to start with?

(Just wondering, I don't plan on buying one anytime soon but something to think about for the future)

Yes, take the course first. Any class worth taking will supply you the motorcycle. Think of it this way, if you have never ridden a bike (not that hard at all, its the outside world/streets that is the hard part), why take the chance and drop your bike when you can use a class bike. Believe it or not, the sport type bikes or touring bike are much easier to learn on, they keep your center of gravity perfectly over the center of the bike, they are much easier to ride to do your figure eights and circles (classes and licence test type of maneuvers)... A 'cruiser' bike is not a good 1st bike, they put you to far on the back side of center, don't get me more they are great bikes, just not a good 1st bike.

So with that said... Get a Touring bike. Who to go with? For a good (great bike), I would go with a Honda Touring bike, a Honda CTX 700 comes to mind, looks the part of a fast bike, but the HP and bike are very forgiving. STAY AWAY from the sport/super-sport bikes 'for now'.

Head Hunter

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2014, 03:56:23 PM »

250cc dual sports are cool too. Eat your heart out Loaded, week one with 300 miles and no accidents. <3.

Loaded

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2014, 07:46:34 AM »

250cc dual sports are cool too. Eat your heart out Loaded, week one with 300 miles and no accidents. <3.

??? I don't want you to get hurt. If you ride smart, I assume you would be fine, but with that, nothing you can do about other drivers.

Head Hunter

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2014, 04:54:30 PM »

So speaking as someone with experience in the matter I can say if you aren't a complete jack off it's alright to start on a 600cc super sport. You just need to remember you can break every speed limit there is in first gear and the bike WILL kill you if you ride beyond your experience level. I would say it's probably a better and more practical idea to start with a 650cc sport bike like a SV650, FZ6R, or Ninja 650. They're still fast and sporty without being 0-60 in 3 seconds in first gear. The riding position is more relaxed and they're easier to maneuver at low speed with the way the bars are set up rather than the clip on bars on a super sport. That being said I love my gixxer and I would recommend it to anyone who thinks they can be mature enough to ride one. If you're the kind of person who wants to learn to do wheelies the first week, don't ride. You will hurt yourself.

Head Hunter

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2015, 06:16:06 PM »

Necro update. I've owned the bike about a year now and have put 6,000 miles on it in that time. I've had a few close calls but have yet to lay the bike down or get a ticket. Still love the bike. The thing is stupid fast and handles like a scalpel, but it is extremely uncomfortable past the 30 minute mark and it gets hotter than MeanGreen's anus after a round of Misfit drama if you get stuck at a light or in traffic. I'll probably keep it and buy another bike to ride on a daily basis and save this as a weekend carver\track day bike. Leaning towards a used FZ9 or V-Strom.

Tl;DR - I'm still alive and motorcycles are cool.

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2015, 05:06:31 PM »

So this happened. Finally got my first bike yesterday. 06 GSXR 600. +rep to the first person to tell me I'll kill myself and should've got a 250. Already fact.

Is it still clean

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 30 queries.