*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• March 29, 2024, 04:20:03 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: My next purchase  (Read 8791 times)

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
My next purchase
« on: May 28, 2012, 09:04:41 AM »

Will be............ ..............

A new computer. (No it won't be a mac Rosh, keep your pants on.)

This is what I want: http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/asus-g74sx-dh73-3d/4505-3121_7-35024956.html

It goes for around $1800+ from what I've seen. I did find a refurbished one for $1550 but it was sold. SOOOOO I don't wanna spend more that $1600 and I found this: http://windsormallforcomputer.ecrater.com/p/15004751/asus-g74sx-dh73-3d-173-notebook

It SAYS its the same laptop (There are 3 different models of this specific laptop and I want the 3D one) but it is WAY cheap, even for the 2 other lower models.

My question is, If this site is actually selling a different model than what they say, what are the legal obligations they could get into by selling me the wrong laptop? Would I just have to return it?

Fast replies please, cause if this is for real this mother fucker will go fast!

*MAFIA* Meeester

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: My next purchase
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 09:09:25 AM »

Don't gamble on obligations of an internet store. Never worth it. I would recommend looking elsewhere for the laptop.

I actually own a G73, the previous model of the laptop you want. It's a great laptop, but I hope you understand that the battery life is not as great as a Macbook or smaller laptop. The g73 should me significantly cheaper as well.

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 09:17:02 AM »

Don't gamble on obligations of an internet store. Never worth it. I would recommend looking elsewhere for the laptop.

Never worth it? its almost $700 less, that seems worth it.

They have a good return policy too...

"Conditions for return:
Only defective/damaged products will be accepted for returns/refunds.
Customer need to raise an alert with us within 2 working days from the date of delivery for being eligible for the return/refund.
Only those products will be eligible for return policies which are received by us within 15 working days of the date of delivery.
Products/Items should be UNUSED.
Products should be returned in their original packaging along with the original price tags, labels and invoices.
It is advised that the return packets should be strongly and adequately packaged so that there is no further damage of goods in transit.
Refunds:
When you buy our products, your purchase is covered by our 15-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with your purchase , we will issue a full refund. We will process the refund after receipt of the product. Refund will be done within 3 working days from the date of request of refund."

*MAFIA* Meeester

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 09:28:06 AM »

Newegg has an excellent return policy as well, but if you even open the package you cannot return it. At least for laptops that is.

If you're sure it'll work then go for it. See if someone else will post what they think.

*MAFIA* Whoops

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 09:29:53 AM »

Hah not my money. DO IT

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 09:36:20 AM »

I emailed the owner of the site and asked if the product he was selling was unopened and included everything listed the product on this page: http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/asus-g74sx-dh73-3d/4507-3121_7-35024956.html?tag=mncol;subnav

We shall see

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 05:43:38 PM »

"The item is Brand new never opened with warranty and comes with all accessories"

I just got a killer fucking deal. See you all on BF3.

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 05:59:17 PM »

I just got a killer fucking deal.

I guess I'll agree with you. It's only because there's no dildo that's pre-attached to the computer this time.

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 05:36:35 AM »

I guess I'll agree with you. It's only because there's no dildo that's pre-attached to the computer this time.
Yes there is.

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 08:05:13 PM »

Welp, I got pwned. Turned out to be a fraud, I should've gone with my gut. I made sure before I bought it that I would be fully covered by my bank and Visa for fraud tho so ill be getting my money back.

I've been thinking about it and I think I am going to get the G75 instead: http://www.cnet.com/laptops/asus-g75vw-ds72-17/4507-3121_7-35229167.html?tag=mncol%3bsubnav

I wanted the 3D because my projector is 3D compatible so I can only imagine how awesome that will be, however, 3D is a major headache (literally). I just remember watching Avatar at the Imax and being dizzy as fuck.

Does anyone have any experience with 3D gaming? I've heard it takes a lot of getting used to, but i've also heard that once you get used to it its epic. Who the fuck knows tho, it probably causes cancer (hah).

*MAFIA* Meeester

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2012, 11:12:08 AM »

inb4 I told you so from everyone.

I have no experience with 3d gaming outside of the old Nvidia glasses that were total shit.

Head Hunter

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2012, 02:29:48 PM »

Imho 3D gaming is harder. Kind of cool at first but more of a gimmick. I'm a COD fiend and playing on my friends 3D TV made the game somewhat confusing with so much going on, and after about 30 minutes I had a headache. But that was about a year ago so things could have changed? I just feel like you'd spend more money for something that is a cool concept but is actually a pain in the ass.

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2012, 10:46:18 AM »

The guy must have felt the heat on his back because my bank account magically had a $1125.00 deposit in it yesterday. That was pretty surprising to say the least. Good thing tho cause I didn't to have to fill out any paperwork for the bank.

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2012, 07:11:56 AM »

The guy must have felt the heat on his back because my bank account magically had a $1125.00 deposit in it yesterday. That was pretty surprising to say the least. Good thing tho cause I didn't to have to fill out any paperwork for the bank.

Ha so you bought a computer from a random store, got ripped off, he gave you the money back, and now you're buying one from Newegg?

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2012, 10:15:36 AM »

Ha so you bought a computer from a random store, got ripped off, he gave you the money back, and now you're buying one from Newegg?
Not newegg.

What do you guys think of this:

Screen    17.3" 1920 x 1080 Full HD (16:9) LED Backlit Display    
CPU    Intel Core i7-3610QM Processor, 2.3 GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.3GHz), 6MB Smart Cache    
Thermal Compound    ASUS OEM Thermal Compound (FREE! IC Diamond Thermal Compound on CPU + GPU with CPU upgrade purchase)    
Memory    16GB, PC3-12800/1600Mhz DDR3 - 4 x 4GB    1    $28.00    $28.00
Graphic Cards    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M w/3GB GDDR5    
Hard Drive    750GB/7200rpm 16MB Cache Buffer SATA-300 (SATA II 3GB/s)    
2nd Hard Drive    N/A    
RAID    RAID - None Enabled    
Operating System    Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64-bit    
Microsoft Office    No Microsoft Office    
Optical Drive    6x Max. Blu-Ray Reader / 8x Max. DVD±R/2.4X Max. +DL Super-Multi Drive    1    $65.00    $65.00
2nd Optical Drive    N/A    
Battery   Li-ION Battery Pack    
Integrated Wireless Lan    Integrated 802.11 b/g/n + Bluetooth V4.0 Combo    
Integrated Bluetooth    Please Check Option in Integrated Wireless Lan Section    
Keyboard Backlit    Asus Standard White Backlit Keyboard    
LCD Protection    Asus 30 Days Zero Bright Dot    
Warrany Service:   1 Year ASUS GLOBAL Warranty & 1 Year North America Accidental Warranty

Total cost: $1476.34

I found it on Pro-star.com seems like a pretty good deal considering what Ive seen so far.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 30 queries.