*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• April 25, 2024, 12:59:03 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Upload speed in Torrents  (Read 2699 times)

*MAFIA* Meeester

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Upload speed in Torrents
« on: July 05, 2012, 01:31:36 PM »

I don't get it. When I'm seeding the torrents I have, the total upload speed never goes over 300kbs. That is a total of 300kbs shared among 4 torrents when uploading where a single one can be seeded at 300 or the 4 of them will share the 300 total.

I would like some help or tips on how to increase my upload speed or to understand why it refuses to climb past 300kbs. It has always been this speed, but when I do a speed test for my download/upload, the upload speed is over 2mbs.

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: Upload speed in Torrents
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 02:16:13 PM »

I think it depends on the seed you're getting it from and how their settings are set up.  I'm not too familiar with this so I have a question for whoever wants to respond to Meeester.  Doesn't your ISP affect your download speed, and how much stuff you can download at a time?

Edit - I just realized he was talking about uploading and not downloading.  Noob.  I still think it's your internet settings, personal vs. server.

Loaded

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 02:20:08 PM »

What program are you using? And why do you want to feed out faster? I mean who cares what you're pushing out, its not like you are a hard core sharer and you are going to get black balked because you're not pushing out what you are taking in.

*MAFIA* Meeester

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 02:39:41 PM »

I'm just interested in why it is only at 300 when I see the other seeders uploading at 500+

I've already shared between 3X and 7X on all of my torrents including past ones, so I don't care about how much I seed, just why my speed is lower than others'.

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 04:57:48 PM »

Use uTorrent as your client since it's one of the best ones out there.

Run the utorrent set up guide from the Options menu and run the test first. When it's done, look at Upload Limit and see if still says what you were getting before.

Go to Preferences --> Bandwidth. Either keep the max upload rate or set it to 0. Increase global max # of connections if you're seeding a lot of torrents but don't set it super high.
In Connection, make the UPnP, NAT, Windows Firewall boxes are checked. Uncheck randomize port and just pick an open port. Then go to your router and enable port-forwarding and type in the number you picked.

If you have an old computer with old harddrives, go to Advanced in preferences, then Disk Cache, then check the first box Override automatic cache size. Increase the number slightly and see if makes a difference.

You can do all of this and still not see a difference. I used to get a max of 320 kb/s for upload and 1.6 mb/s download. Then I changed routers and got a new one, and upload increased to 424 kb/s, and download to 2.1 mb/s.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 30 queries.