*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• March 29, 2024, 01:00:06 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Fucking HP  (Read 5115 times)

*MAFIA* BassSlappa

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
  • Music Keeps me Going
    • View Profile
Fucking HP
« on: September 22, 2012, 07:20:58 PM »

So i'm wondering if I have a lawsuit here.  I sent in my laptop because HP offered to fix my defective battery/broken screen hinge for free. They have a form to fill out so that they transfer your files "in the event that windows needs to be reloaded".  I filled out the form to have them do so, but wrote on it not to reload windows because all that was wrong with it was the battery and hinge.  I got the laptop back with my receipt, and all my files were gone.  I called them up and they initially said they just reloaded windows, then I called another guy and they said they replaced it, and called another guy and he said they scrapped my hard drive.  My receipt didn't show they even touched the hard drive. 

So they fucked me over with that, losing thousands of family photos, tons of important documents, all my schoolwork, all my music i've written, all my games, and a shitload of music on Itunes.  No I didn't have it backed up, because I don't have money for an external hard drive, and I didn't think they'd be braindead enough to erase ALL my data.  I didn't even think they'd bother turning it on, since none of it was software related. And if that's not bad enough, my battery is worse than when I sent it in.  Now I gat alerts saying my battery is defective, and my laptop randomly shuts off. They didn't even replace it, they said they'd ship me a new one with the laptop.  When I got the laptop, there was no battery to be found, and its been two weeks now.

Any advice?

*MAFIA* Malbert

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: Fucking HP
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 09:18:15 PM »

So i'm wondering if I have a lawsuit here.  I sent in my laptop because HP offered to fix my defective battery/broken screen hinge for free. They have a form to fill out so that they transfer your files "in the event that windows needs to be reloaded".  I filled out the form to have them do so, but wrote on it not to reload windows because all that was wrong with it was the battery and hinge.  I got the laptop back with my receipt, and all my files were gone.  I called them up and they initially said they just reloaded windows, then I called another guy and they said they replaced it, and called another guy and he said they scrapped my hard drive.  My receipt didn't show they even touched the hard drive. 

So they fucked me over with that, losing thousands of family photos, tons of important documents, all my schoolwork, all my music i've written, all my games, and a shitload of music on Itunes.  No I didn't have it backed up, because I don't have money for an external hard drive, and I didn't think they'd be braindead enough to erase ALL my data.  I didn't even think they'd bother turning it on, since none of it was software related. And if that's not bad enough, my battery is worse than when I sent it in.  Now I gat alerts saying my battery is defective, and my laptop randomly shuts off. They didn't even replace it, they said they'd ship me a new one with the laptop.  When I got the laptop, there was no battery to be found, and its been two weeks now.

Any advice?
Yeah laptop manufacturers suck, including HP. What you do is keep asking for managers, say this is ridiculous and if they can't do anything like reimburse you or give you something for free ask for their manager, and if that manager can't ask for their manager. The lower down people can't do shit and they know nothing. A lot of waiting but if you keep getting managers you will have much more success.
I don't know about the lawsuit, not a lawyer, probably be more trouble for you than what you would get back which would not be your hard drive. Maybe you should have your parent call up, I never called up or had to until I was over 20 so maybe they don't take you seriously.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 30 queries.