*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• April 26, 2024, 04:58:09 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: How to show FPS in BF2  (Read 1778 times)

Loaded

How to show FPS in BF2
« on: June 21, 2005, 06:44:24 PM »

I thought I would post how to show FPS in BF2 all the time, since this seems to be one of the biggest things people would look out for. YES you can use “Fraps” to do this as well, but why have “another” program running if you don’t need it.

To show frames per second you need to add the line renderer.drawFps 1 into your profile that you play the game in, here is how to find that folder and how to add the line.

Look in... "My Documents\Battlefield 2 Demo\Profiles" for your profile that you use in game (it should be file name... 0001, 0002 or higher), if you wish you can put this line in all of them. BUT to check once you have opened up the folder you think is the right one click on "Profile Con File" and look for your game name, this way you know you are in the right profile. Ok back to where to add the line, open up the "Video Con File" and add the line like this (in Yellow below)...

VideoSettings. setTerrainQual ity 1
VideoSettings. setGeometryQua lity 2
VideoSettings. setLightingQua lity 1
VideoSettings. setDynamicLigh tingQuality 0
VideoSettings. setDynamicShad owsQuality 0
VideoSettings. setEffectsQual ity 2
VideoSettings. setTextureQual ity 2
VideoSettings. setTextureFilt eringQuality 1
VideoSettings. setResolution 1024x768@60Hz
VideoSettings. setAntialiasin g off
VideoSettings. setViewDistanc eScale 1
VideoSettings. setVideoOption Scheme 3
renderer.drawFps 1

(yes I have most setting low or off)

Now just close the file and say "yes" and close all other folders. Every time you are playing BF2 you will see your FPS in RED at the top left of the screen, see pic.

OR after saying everything I have above, if you wish you can open up console and type renderer.drawFps 1 for each game you wish to see the FPS.

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
How to show FPS in BF2
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 07:03:49 PM »

Nicely done pawpaw cookies for you!

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 31 queries.