*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• March 28, 2024, 02:54:36 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Micro SD Card From Hell  (Read 6461 times)

*MAFIA* BassSlappa

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
  • Music Keeps me Going
    • View Profile
Micro SD Card From Hell
« on: August 30, 2016, 01:41:36 AM »

Sup guys,

I have a challenge for you all.  I purchased a sandisk 64GB micro SD card about a year ago to add some storage to my Galaxy S5, and it recently took a dump.  Like a major fucking dump. First my phone started failing to recognize it, then when I plugged it into my laptop's card reader via an adapter windows wouldn't recognize it either. Now, the fucker crashes everything I plug it into now.  Windows eventually recognizes it as an SD card after five minutes or so, but if I right-click on it, windows explorer just crashes.  I've plugged it into three different computers now, with the same exact results on every system.  I've tried four different recovery software programs (ZAR, Recuva, Photo Rec, and EaseUS) to try and get some pictures off of it, and each of them crash when I point them at the SD card. Even chkdsk won't touch it, it just says chkdsk is not available for RAW drives.

My question, is what the hell could have happened to this micro SD card to crash every computer I plug it into?  It crashes windows explorer every time I try to access it, to the point where the computer will hang up until I physically remove the drive.  It also won't turn off until I remove the drive, nor will it boot up unless I remove the drive.  Have I created some sort of super virus? Also any suggestions on how to recover any photos off of it would be awesome, because there's a lot of photos on there I'd love to recover.

:danceroll:

Also apartment searching in LA is awful.  :shoot:

*MAFIA* special_Kare

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: Micro SD Card From Hell
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 05:17:26 PM »

Ok so first thing I would do is try it on a mac or linux machine.  Linux kernel is much better at handling corrupted partitions and hardware.  Heres a handy link: https://photofocus.com/2015/03/29/recover-files-from-a-corrupt-memory-card-using-mac-disk-utility/  Hopefully that would fix the file structure and bring back your pictures or at least repair it enough to run Recuva.

P.S.  Install the google photos app and upload all of your photos automatically to your google account which also has an awesome image search algorithm to help you find any picture instantly   https://photos.google.com
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

*MAFIA* BassSlappa

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
  • Music Keeps me Going
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 10:36:59 PM »

Ok so first thing I would do is try it on a mac or linux machine.  Linux kernel is much better at handling corrupted partitions and hardware.  Heres a handy link: https://photofocus.com/2015/03/29/recover-files-from-a-corrupt-memory-card-using-mac-disk-utility/  Hopefully that would fix the file structure and bring back your pictures or at least repair it enough to run Recuva.

P.S.  Install the google photos app and upload all of your photos automatically to your google account which also has an awesome image search algorithm to help you find any picture instantly   https://photos.google.com
  Thanks for the help.  That was actually my next plan of attack since every computer I've tried is a windows machine. Problem is I don't have easy access to a mac or linux machine, so I haven't been able to try that yet (poor college graduate here).  I've been thinking about downloading a linux os to a flashdrive or something just for this, or maybe just bugging a friend to borrow their mac for a while.

But yeah, as soon as this happened, I started backing up my photos to google photos haha. If only I had done that sooner.

*MAFIA* masebot1

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • Mason's art site
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 05:52:13 PM »

Sup guys,

I have a challenge for you all.  I purchased a sandisk 64GB micro SD card about a year ago to add some storage to my Galaxy S5, and it recently took a dump.  Like a major fucking dump. First my phone started failing to recognize it, then when I plugged it into my laptop's card reader via an adapter windows wouldn't recognize it either. Now, the fucker crashes everything I plug it into now.  Windows eventually recognizes it as an SD card after five minutes or so, but if I right-click on it, windows explorer just crashes.  I've plugged it into three different computers now, with the same exact results on every system.  I've tried four different recovery software programs (ZAR, Recuva, Photo Rec, and EaseUS) to try and get some pictures off of it, and each of them crash when I point them at the SD card. Even chkdsk won't touch it, it just says chkdsk is not available for RAW drives.

My question, is what the hell could have happened to this micro SD card to crash every computer I plug it into?  It crashes windows explorer every time I try to access it, to the point where the computer will hang up until I physically remove the drive.  It also won't turn off until I remove the drive, nor will it boot up unless I remove the drive.  Have I created some sort of super virus? Also any suggestions on how to recover any photos off of it would be awesome, because there's a lot of photos on there I'd love to recover.

:danceroll:

Also apartment searching in LA is awful.  :shoot:

Fuck LA. But Fuck Bakersfield too..

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 05:08:03 PM »

Butt-Fuck Bakersfield too..

Yeah man, totally.
What is the Alchole level pike at for you Duney.

Page created in 0.537 seconds with 30 queries.