*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• March 28, 2024, 02:53:34 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: The State of *MAFIA*, and the Future  (Read 20300 times)

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
The State of *MAFIA*, and the Future
« on: October 07, 2017, 10:27:22 AM »

What do you guys say?  It's been a great run, almost 15 years...  A few people come to check the forum about once a week or once a month.  Maybe it is out of habit, but there's nothing really going on here, hasn't been for a while.  Some of us still play games but not nearly as much, and not the same games.  We can try to keep it going.  Or maybe we can move it to a Facebook page or some other free website.  Facebook might be a little too personal.  I'm open to suggestions.  Balthazar and I are paying for the website and ventrilo, and although it's not too much money, it's a waste if it isn't being used.  I'm not quitting or saying goodbye, *MAFIA* will live in my heart forever.  I just think it's time to acknowledge the truth and see if we can improve anything.

*MAFIA* Malbert

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: The State of *MAFIA*, and the Future
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 02:49:14 PM »

Anyway to save all of the history/posts? I know the domain costs something but maybe we can transfer it all to a free website with a free domain which has mafiaowns in the subdomain but be like mafiaowns.webs .com or something like that?

I say we can get rid of ventrilo, once an old member tries to log on and sees it doesn't work they will most likely go to a website if Mafia is still around, then we can have some like free Discord server posted on the free site.

*MAFIA* MAGGOT

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
  • OFWGKTADGAFLLBBLSBFBN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 04:29:13 PM »

Anyway to save all of the history/posts? I know the domain costs something but maybe we can transfer it all to a free website with a free domain which has mafiaowns in the subdomain but be like mafiaowns.webs .com or something like that?

I saw we can get rid of ventrilo, once an old member tries to log on and sees it doesn't work they will most likely go to a website if Mafia is still around, then we can have some like free Discord server posted on the free site.

im down for discord, it works well for it being free.

I also agree with some little free site as an alternative, most here just kind of check sporadically. its cool for history here but not much else going on. Most of us have moved into another stage of life with jobs, families and masebots so its hard now.

"At some point in their lives, 1 in 6 children will be abducted by the dutch." ~The fact core, Portal 2.

*MAFIA* Ricardo

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 08:30:47 AM »

im down for discord, it works well for it being free.

I also agree with some little free site as an alternative, most here just kind of check sporadically. its cool for history here but not much else going on. Most of us have moved into another stage of life with jobs, families and masebots so its hard now.
I also use Discord, and it's pretty nice for a free software. For myself, I'm pretty busy with school and work, my main game is Counter Or league of legend, I miss bf42.... :/

*MAFIA* special_Kare

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2017, 05:24:49 PM »

Hmm 93 days doesn't seem right to me I swear I have been here before that.  So yeah I dunno what we should do are there even any common games we all play anymore?  I've been playing a lot of PUBG and now trying my hand at Fortnite Battle Royale which is pretty fun.  There's the new Battlefront 2 beta which is also pretty good.  Has anyone been playing Battlefield 1?  As far as the site yeah its pretty dead why not just start a discord channel?  We could just communicate in there in the general chat and voice. You can create topic channels and what not.  Worth checking out and testing before you pull the trigger on the mafia site.  :suicide:   I haven't been part of the clan all the long so its really up to y'all but theres my two cents.

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

*MAFIA* TheCp

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
  • Old Legend
    • View Profile
    • www.mafiaowns.com
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 05:48:35 AM »

It's been a while indeed, thanks for the email! I quit gaming on the computer i moved to the ps4.
Maybe cod ww2/battlefront 2 can bring some new life in to *MAFIA*?
I will follow *MAFIA* where ever we go.

X

Chris

*MAFIA* Hellraiser

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/jeremy.miller.14855377?sk=wall
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 07:57:41 AM »

I'm about to get into that Player unknown battleground just have to upgrade my current pic a bit. Anyone else play hit me up on my email. Bfhellraiser@yahoo.com. They are supposed to come out with a modding kit.

*MAFIA* Manowar

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
  • Hail and Kill
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 08:19:50 AM »

Discord is perfect.

If you need to find me Check on Ark Survival Evolved server : NA-PVE-Official-TheCenter60.

Tribe is Manowar in the Jungle North (approx 40 - 70 on the map). We are expanding the base fast and will accept new tribe members we trust.

Ultimate embarrassment, running into a wall with a boner and breaking your nose first.

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2017, 10:12:26 PM »

I wish Bonehead was here to guide us through this difficult decision. I know he's leading our troops in Afghanistan as a Senior Master Sniper, but he needs to be leading this clan.

Just kidding. I would say it's good idea to shut this down if it's costing unnecessary money. I've been out of the video game scene for several years now due to a busy work schedule. The last Battlefield game I played was BF3. When I did have some free time a couple months ago, I played singleplayer games such as Cities Skylines.

I'm sure many of you are in the same situation with a busy work/life schedule. It's been a good run and I have tons of memories from Mafia over a period of a decade. I think the majority of people have moved on with other things in life and/or are involved in other games which have its own communities. If Beatle and Balth want to keep supplying the funds just so that this website stays alive, I obviously don't mind that. However, I'm sure there are ways we could just archive everything and have it stored somewhere for free, without continuing to use it.

If people do want to keep it alive, I would recommend doing a complete overhaul of the site and bring everything to modern day styles and standards. But this is only worth it if people can decide on a few games and recruit people for the clan. Anyways, just my thoughts. I will try to pop into Ventrilo sometime in November.

HaVoK

• Forum Member
  • Gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2017, 07:17:26 PM »

I still pop on every now and then to see how much has changed (or hasn't).  If you are just looking for a means to stay in touch, why not create a private Facebook group or something of the like?  Try to find some of the old geezers and get them to join back or contact through email.

This group lasted way longer than any that I can think of.  Congrats!

Renegade

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2017, 11:24:41 AM »

I'm honestly surprised you guys still have this site.

*MAFIA* MisfiT

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2017, 04:17:26 PM »

There's so much history here, good bad and f**kin ugly  :lolz:...We've seen each other grow up here, we've had SO many hard laughs here and helped each other with this and that. I'd sure hate to see this site go down. If it's a $ thing I'll gladly help out. If it wasn't for *MAFIA*, life would had been very different for me.

Please, if you have a heart in that SOULLESS shell of a body, Beatle....and Balth....keep this running until we're all dead.

Just let me know a annual fee and we'll work something out.

Hi everyone! <3

*MAFIA* Manowar

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
  • Hail and Kill
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2017, 08:19:55 AM »

There's so much history here, good bad and f**kin ugly  :lolz:...We've seen each other grow up here, we've had SO many hard laughs here and helped each other with this and that. I'd sure hate to see this site go down. If it's a $ thing I'll gladly help out. If it wasn't for *MAFIA*, life would had been very different for me.

Please, if you have a heart in that SOULLESS shell of a body, Beatle....and Balth....keep this running until we're all dead.

Just let me know a annual fee and we'll work something out.

Hi everyone! <3

Sweet, Misfit is going to whore himself out to fund this site.  On a side note I heard Meangreen is taking out a 2nd mortgage to have some "pocket cash".

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2017, 05:30:30 PM »

if there's a free way to keep the site information together that would be rad, i've got lots of fond memories from here and would hate to see it disappear even if we all aren't as active as we once were. I'd hate to lose touch with a lot of you chumps.
What is the Alchole level pike at for you Duney.

*MAFIA* KrautKiller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2017, 07:22:08 PM »

if there's a free way to keep the site information together that would be rad, i've got lots of fond memories from here and would hate to see it disappear even if we all aren't as active as we once were. I'd hate to lose touch with a lot of you chumps.

Ditto, especially whatever our thing between us was.

Page created in 0.55 seconds with 30 queries.