*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• April 26, 2024, 08:28:26 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: wireless problems  (Read 3353 times)

*MAFIA* Vanilla

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
wireless problems
« on: September 12, 2005, 07:10:54 AM »

i just got a wireless router for my computer. i am not getting internet wheni hook them up. but when i hook it directly to my computer it works. is there something i need to do in order to get the internet throughout the house. if anyone knows of a site that can tellme what to do or can tell me what to do themselves please do thanks.
[

ThaSnyper

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • Never2Fast
wireless problems
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 09:18:06 AM »

Well hopefully you had a driver. That usually tells you what to do. If not just go to your internet connections in control panel. You might have to search for your router. And if all else fails unplug everthing and start over again. Sometimes you can have it but it wont work until you turn it off, then turn it back on.

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
wireless problems
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005, 09:32:25 AM »

Hmm wireless = pain in the ass unless you know it.

So at this point I cant tell you how to do it as all routers are different so this is the best I can tell you.

On default wireless routers come setup for wep security and all stations must be configured to use that key however what I did was turn security off so anyone can connect and get an ip from your router then I simply setr my router to only allow the clients with the mac addresses I set that way I bypassed security and headaches and allow my other computers access only by their mac addresses and all others will not get an ip address so its easy to do depending on your router you will need to research your router and settings as no one will be able to just tell you use google and the internet thats what its good for ;)

*MAFIA* Vanilla

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
wireless problems
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005, 10:31:33 AM »

ok thanks guys, this is all really just pissing me off. because i get the signal but i just can't get on the internet on either computer. but i'll do some research.

Brick

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mdkhacks.com
wireless problems
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 12:08:39 PM »

you will nedd to access the settings for the router thru your web browser. type in 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.0 in internet explorer and enter the default name and password you will have to look for this in the manual. this will allow you to view all the setting or the router. you wil have to enable the wireless options under one of the tabs! also you will be able to change the security feature in there. it also helps if you list the model of your router.  hope this helps!

Ins4n3

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
wireless problems
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2005, 01:51:12 PM »

I'm assuming your wireless router and wireless card are made by the same company? If not then you're probably gonna have to fuck with it quite a bit.

If they are, do like Bonehead and Rick suggested, go into your router setup and see if security is on and turn it off if it is.

Also, when you put in your wireless card, did your computer recognize and install it?

*MAFIA* Vanilla

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
wireless problems
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2005, 05:24:36 PM »

ya i just went and got a new router so i'll see if that helps then i'll do waht you guys said. thanks

Toblerone

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
wireless problems
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2005, 09:27:20 PM »

Why would you have to fuck with it if they were different manufacturers? As long as its the same protocol (B,G,N etc...) there will be no problems. Hell ive got a D-Link router, with a microsoft usb wireless adapter, and belkin wireless laptop card running great, no additional setup needed, it was simply plug and play.

Companies make their shit run on the same protocols for a reason.

Ins4n3

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
wireless problems
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2005, 09:47:41 PM »

If his router isn't recognizing the wireless card (which happens sometimes when you have two products made by two different manufacturers which aren't specifically made to be compatible with each other) then he's going to have to go through the setup to get the shit working. I'm was just asking since he's asking for help and thats a legitimate possibilty. I would know since I had the same problem with my old router.

*MAFIA* Vanilla

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
wireless problems
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2005, 12:25:22 PM »

ya you want to get the same card as your router. i have linksey but i got it fixed. although isn't there a way that you can put a password on it so that if you want to join the network you have to know the pass word. that way no one else can get free internet off my wireless. sry i am a noob at this.

Ins4n3

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
wireless problems
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2005, 01:24:18 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Vanillathrilla
ya you want to get the same card as your router. i have linksey but i got it fixed. although isn't there a way that you can put a password on it so that if you want to join the network you have to know the pass word. that way no one else can get free internet off my wireless. sry i am a noob at this.

I'd have to say theres a 99.9% chance that there is SOME security feature. It may not be a password, but it could be a security key you need to input (which is essentially the same thing). Look in the user's manual of the router, or just go into the router setup and look around.

*MAFIA* Vanilla

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
wireless problems
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2005, 01:59:43 PM »

ok sounds good, i'll look around and see what i can find on the security. i figured it was something along those lines.

[DOA] Tomdj

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
wireless problems
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2005, 10:42:18 AM »

:(

[DOA] Tomdj

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
wireless problems
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2005, 10:42:48 AM »

I get confused over the word "friggles" do you think I could figure this out.

*MAFIA* Milky Way

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
wireless problems
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2005, 10:44:01 AM »

tomdj  if u dont stop spamming every old thread your post count is not gonna matter when you get banned

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 30 queries.