*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 01, 2024, 09:34:15 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Well one of our own has commited fratricide  (Read 4506 times)

*MAFIA* HITMAN

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Well one of our own has commited fratricide
« on: October 28, 2005, 07:53:05 PM »

today *mafia*insane attacked our site and succesfully took it down  so if you all see him let him know how you feel he cant just put down his guns and walk away instead he stabs you in the back when your not watching

MeZmoriZe

• Forum Member
  • The Emo Wonder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 08:03:23 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* HITMAN
today *mafia*insane attacked our site and succesfully took it down  so if you all see him let him know how you feel he cant just put down his guns and walk away instead he stabs you in the back when your not watching

How do you know exactly that it was Ins4n3?

StEwIe_GrIfFiN

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 09:10:18 PM »

i believe that we traced his ip adress

Ins4n3

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 09:34:03 PM »

It was indeed my fault, although it was entirely an accident, and I just realized this myself. I already explained this to rick and stewie, but I figured I'd let the rest of you know what happend and apologize.

I downloaded a program (which will remain nameless so nobody who genuinely would like to see the website shut down uses it) that is supposed to read websites directories and the files in them to see what is on a website that you can't normally see. I wanted to test it and see if it worked properly. Since I know the name of some of the directories on the MAFIA website that aren't linked anywhere, I figured I would try it here and see how it worked. I got tied up doing something else and forgot that I left the program running. This effectively read the entire webserver for http://www.mafiaowns.com and every file on it, resulting in thousands of thousands of connections from my computer.

Again I apologize for the downtime and hope you guys believe me. I'm not holding any grudges and still like the vast majority of you guys, and I'm sorry your website got suspended even though it was only for a short amount of time.

I don't know if that thing used a ton bandwidth or what but if you need me to pay any fees or whatever if you went over your bandwidth you know where to reach me.

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 09:38:53 PM »

Hahaha, fratricide, what?

ICEMAN

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2005, 09:46:37 PM »

Quote from: Ins4n3
It was indeed my fault, although it was entirely an accident, and I just realized this myself. I already explained this to rick and stewie, but I figured I'd let the rest of you know what happend and apologize.

I downloaded a program (which will remain nameless so nobody who genuinely would like to see the website shut down uses it) that is supposed to read websites directories and the files in them to see what is on a website that you can't normally see. I wanted to test it and see if it worked properly. Since I know the name of some of the directories on the MAFIA website that aren't linked anywhere, I figured I would try it here and see how it worked. I got tied up doing something else and forgot that I left the program running. This effectively read the entire webserver for http://www.mafiaowns.com and every file on it, resulting in thousands of thousands of connections from my computer.

Again I apologize for the downtime and hope you guys believe me. I'm not holding any grudges and still like the vast majority of you guys, and I'm sorry your website got suspended even though it was only for a short amount of time.

I don't know if that thing used a ton bandwidth or what but if you need me to pay any fees or whatever if you went over your bandwidth you know where to reach me.

lol, wicked
i'm joining doa;)

Rahl

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2005, 10:03:25 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Beetlejuice
Hahaha, fratricide, what?

Fratricide

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2005, 11:10:55 PM »

It is fine with me however the webserver owner mher may pursue the matter farther I dont know but that is what I was told when talking to them to get the site back up.

Darth

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2005, 04:59:11 AM »

where can we get it

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2005, 08:03:45 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Rahl
Fratricide

Yeah I already knew what it meant, thanks though.  I just thought it was a funny term to use in this case....

Rahl

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2005, 09:59:44 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Beetlejuice
Yeah I already knew what it meant, thanks though.  I just thought it was a funny term to use in this case....

I figured you would know.  And though I suspected, I wanted to check.  Figured maybe someone else wouldn't.

Boemann (nl)

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2005, 01:37:42 AM »

I figured you would know.  And though I suspected, I wanted to check.  Figured maybe someone else wouldn't.

Yay Rahl, you were right about that, lol.

Now i know it 2

Rahl

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2005, 01:59:59 AM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* BoEmAnN (nl)
Yay Rahl, you were right about that, lol.

Now i know it 2

In a simliar vein, for those of you who use Firefox, there's an extension called Answers that allows you to Alt + Ctrl + click on any word in the browser and it will load an information page with the word's definition and a few other things.  Get it here if you're interested.

*MAFIA* LAAZ

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2005, 03:37:02 AM »

In a simliar vein, for those of you who use Firefox, there's an extension called Answers that allows you to Alt + Ctrl + click on any word in the browser and it will load an information page with the word's definition and a few other things.  Get it here if you're interested.

Hey thanks i always wanted one of those  ;)  :P

Blue Dun

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
hey Insane
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2005, 12:04:28 PM »

There is a program you can use to access a website without shutting it down. It's called Adobe Acrobat, the full program, not the reader. You go to file>open web page. You can set number of levels down you want to go to and to stay on the server or follow links.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 30 queries.