*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• April 27, 2024, 09:41:32 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: what is the best  (Read 2036 times)

*MAFIA* Vanilla

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
what is the best
« on: December 23, 2005, 05:26:02 PM »

well lightning hit my house about a month ago and it fried soem stuff on my mother board. so i was just wondering what you gusy thought was a good mother board to get, lokoing for 200 and under.
[

*MAFIA* Balthazar

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
what is the best
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 06:01:22 PM »

This is all depending if you are going for an Intel or AMD based mobo but.. I have found Shuttle to be a great manufacturer. I have sworn by them for a little bit and they have never failed me...

*MAFIA* Phantom

what is the best
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 06:37:36 PM »

well you can't just pick and choose a motherboard unless you know what you need. There are certain slots for certain types of memory, processors, gpu's, etc.  If you plan to keep your existing hardware then you will need to find a mobo that is compatible with them.  I use newegg.com to find out compatiblity because they have a great search filter.  I have a gigabite mobo and it is just amazing.

*MAFIA* Vanilla

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
what is the best
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 06:39:58 PM »

ok i'll look there thanks. ya my stepdad just gota sweet computer, i'll have to find out what all is in it but it is sweet. the case is watercooled, i want it.

Loaded

what is the best
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2005, 10:03:22 PM »

Just like Phantom said you will have to check and see what you are going to use from the old board and make sure the new board will handle it (are you sure other things didn't burn?). With $200.00 you can get 99% of the boards out there, I would bet you will find I great board for around $120 or so.

Here are 3 board companies that I like... ABIT, ASUS, DFI This is only my thought about MoBos, but I wouldn't go with anyone, but the 3 links I gave you. Check them out then go to newegg and take a look at cost and models.

I have a  "ABIT" AN8 Ultra (AMD 939 socket), I love the board.

Also get yourself (your dad) a good backup power supply, they don't cost that much and lightning computer kills should be a thing of the past.

*MAFIA* Vanilla

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
what is the best
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2005, 10:23:32 PM »

ya he told me to get a powerstuply that when power goes out or soemthing like lightning i will have like a5 min to shut down my comp by the powerstupply. and i looked at the baord and well everything really is burned, most of the copasitors are burnt, they have leaked out the tops of them. the cpu i think is ok didn't seem to have a prob or look like anythnig happend to it. my floppy dosn't work. so that part is burnt but everything else works.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 30 queries.