*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• April 27, 2024, 07:34:01 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: comp problem  (Read 4354 times)

*MAFIA* Vanilla

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
comp problem
« on: January 24, 2006, 04:00:07 PM »

hey guys i am back with yet another computer problem. i dont no what is wrong it will freeze with no warning. just does it randomly. is there anything i can check out. i did a virus scan nothing came up. adaware scan done. not sure what else i can look at but i can't keep freezing all the time.
[

Rat

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
comp problem
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 04:10:32 PM »

I had that problem recently, it was my wireless network card. (Belkin) Got a Linksys and everything is fine.

*MAFIA* Vanilla

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
comp problem
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 04:13:01 PM »

ya my comp isn't wireless, i just got a new motherboard and cpu, but it was working great untill recently when it just froze well basically today. ive had the new stuf since well like 3 weeks ago, and it just froze today

Brian

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fartfilms.tk
comp problem
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 04:28:54 PM »

probably got to do somethin with your motherboard. that problem happened to me too.

You shouldn't have that much anti-virus programs installed on your computer. Sometimes they tend to screw up my comps.

Partyboy

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
comp problem
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 04:30:37 PM »

Quote from: Brian
probably got to do somethin with your motherboard. that problem happened to me too.

You shouldn't have that much anti-virus programs installed on your computer. Sometimes they tend to screw up my comps.

anti Virus wont really mess uup ur pc (obviously the name "anti") But it will slow down games some

*MAFIA* Vanilla

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
comp problem
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2006, 04:36:03 PM »

it has nothing to do with my games or anything it will just freeze at random times. and i can't do anything but restart it.

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
comp problem
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2006, 05:20:31 PM »

Check your cpu fan make sure it is running and also make sure the cpu is getting cooled enough.

And on some motherboards the chipset will have a heatsink or fan on it to cool it, also check it out.

Sounds like you have an over heating issue also some times if you have a vid card exhausting heat onto another card it can cause that vard to overheat.

*MAFIA* Vanilla

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
comp problem
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2006, 06:19:47 PM »

ya all the fans are working and all.

*MAFIA* Vanilla

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
comp problem
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2006, 08:56:55 PM »

hey is there a way i can look at how hot and stuff my comp is from my desktop

Loaded

comp problem
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2006, 09:02:26 PM »

Here you go, this one of many programs I use...

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

If you don't like that one, just post and I will give you a different link.

*MAFIA* Vanilla

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
comp problem
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2006, 09:08:30 PM »

ok loaded i am going to look stupid but i dont' really know what to do. i am a noob sry

Loaded

comp problem
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2006, 09:35:35 PM »

Just go to this section of the site http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php and look for SpeedFan 4.27 and click on that, it will start to down load to what ever folder you pick. Once it is done just click on the exe and install it, read the "read me" file and now you have a program that will show you temps and fan speeds of your board, it dose allot more but don't mess with that other stuff if you don't know what you are doing... Don't worry you will get warning windows (the program can over clock your CPU and so on) for the stuff you shouldn't touch.

If you need more help let me know or just post here, but I am calling it a night.

FYI... This is just something for you to watch temps and fan speeds this will not fix any problem you are having with lock ups, but it will let you know if it is a temp problem by the readings it gives.

Lightning

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
CPU heat
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2006, 11:51:07 PM »

You can usually check the temp of the cpu in the bios.  Some MB's come with a utility so you can monitor the CPU temp you may wanna check the manual.  If all else fails when it locks up restart and go into the BIOS and quickly check the temp.  I don't know what kind of CPU you have but finding the temp range is usually pretty easy.  Bonehead may know more but I think it should be around 34C.  I also had a similar problem and as far as I know it was a conflict with my MB and an older video card. Here is a link for heat issues for an Intel P4.
http://www.tomshardware.com/2004/11/14/the_p4/index.html

Loaded

comp problem
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2006, 05:39:17 AM »

Temps will drop over 25%+ before he ever gets back into the bios... If he keeps the program open that I sent him to, he will see high temps and warnings BEFORE it becomes a problem.

*MAFIA* Vanilla

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
comp problem
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2006, 02:47:34 PM »

ok i got the program running, what is good temps for everything.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 30 queries.