*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• April 26, 2024, 01:10:45 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Jesus?  (Read 5290 times)

HaVoK

• Forum Member
  • Gone
    • View Profile
Jesus?
« on: February 13, 2006, 12:56:37 PM »

I found this document to be rather interesting and I'm sorry that you won't be directly linked to it, but I'm sure if you copy and paste it and read you will find it interesting.  It doesn't matter if you believe in Jesus or not, I simply wanted to point out how I thought this guy was unbelievably right on and I thought it was an interesting document to say the least.

Here it is:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/20060213/cm_usatoday/whathashappenedtoamericasjesus;_ylt=Aqf2qFP9lRjh5J59kCGM0qKs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3ODdxdHBhBHNlYwM5NjQ-

MeZmoriZe

• Forum Member
  • The Emo Wonder
    • View Profile
Jesus?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 01:31:53 PM »

Wow, very true.

ICEMAN

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Jesus?
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 03:46:59 PM »

nah, it's still the same... one of the major causes of war.
i'm joining doa;)

*MAFIA* Milky Way

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Jesus?
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 03:54:57 PM »

dude that shit is so long and i gave up after the first few sentences =(

*MAFIA* Capsloc

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • Elusive Gamers
Jesus?
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 04:13:30 PM »

ha. i just saw it and close it right away. i didnt even read the first word.

*MAFIA* Phantom

Jesus?
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2006, 04:32:55 PM »

I didn't like the article.  It's just one man stating the obvious, people mold the image of jesus into what they think is right or wrong in their own opinions.

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Jesus?
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2006, 05:23:12 PM »

right on brother.

HaVoK

• Forum Member
  • Gone
    • View Profile
Jesus?
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2006, 05:29:19 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Phantom
It's just one man stating the obvious, people mold the image of jesus into what they think is right or wrong in their own opinions.

Exactly.

Brian

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fartfilms.tk
Jesus?
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2006, 05:49:22 PM »

HaVoK ur still sexy. :bunny:

Partyboy

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Jesus?
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2006, 05:50:34 PM »

Brian its just not funny when i comes from a little 13 year old

Brian

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fartfilms.tk
Jesus?
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2006, 06:20:01 PM »

You have a dirty mind Party.

The article was ok. But most of it was about his trip to Sicily.

iLLUSi0N

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Jesus?
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2006, 08:58:27 PM »

*Sigh...* Another Democrat bitching about the Neo-Con Right... if he just said "Fuck you, Ann Coulter," then I would have gotten the jist of the article, been saved the two minutes I spent reading this poorly constructed argument, and he would have saved dozens from experiencing this feable attempt at establishing a sense of personal relationship with the reader.

Quote from: Michael Moore's Bitch
Several times during the week, I thought about telling my family what's happened to Jesus in the United States - how he's been kidnapped by politicians and preachers who decide what he does and doesn't think. They speak for him, and it doesn't always make sense.

They say Jesus is "pro life," but he doesn't seem to have a problem with the death penalty. And he thinks stem cell research - something that would save lives - is no different from murdering babies. They say he's the embodiment of kindness, love, decency and compassion. But he hates gays, lesbians and Muslims. And he's not too crazy about Buddhists, Hindus and the rest. Jews? He can put up with them if he has to.

Hahahahaha! He can go ahead and tell his family that. That's his business. But I've never heard a politician (who is taken seriously) say that God hates gays, lesbians, etc. And Jews? I wonder if he knows how much money we pump into Israel to keep the Jewish homeland's head above water.

Lightning

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Jesus?
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2006, 09:12:35 PM »

This guy is so far off base I think he is in left field.  He has been educated by a democratic philosophy that hates the word Jesus.  He has no bases for his american religious statements other than what the Democratic news publishes.  Sorry but this guy obviously has no IDEA about the real Jesus.  Anyone who knows anyhing about Christianity knows that Jesus was a Jew and that they are the chosen race in society and this is one of the main reasons why the US Govt. and GB spend so much money and effert supporting Isreal.  Why do you think we are at war with Iraq?  I don't believe its WMD's.  But its easier to sell that than supporting the Jews that have been fighting with the Muslems for 3000 years.

iLLUSi0N

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Jesus?
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2006, 10:48:50 PM »

I dunno about him hating the "real" Jesus. I mean, who is the real Jesus? That answer's going to be different to everyone. If this guy was complaining that there are preachers preaching about a Jesus that hates gays and people of different faiths or nationalities, then sure I'd see his reasoning. Any religious leader shouldn't be glorifying hate. That IS complete bull shit.

But he doesn't stop there. He says that the US government is preaching about a God that hates those people and that's what doesn't rub me right about this article. He says that Sicily has the right idea. But the Sicilian government isn't putting up those images of Jesus! The Sicilian people are! He's taking the two and treating them as one. That's a problem that too many people confuse.

If he had half a brain, he'd know better than to even think of telling his family that the government is bashing the name of Jesus. If anything, he should be the one telling them who Jesus is instead of critiquing what others say and take some responsibilty for his own family. Man up. That's why we have a seperation between the church and state; to leave religion to the individual and keep the government out of it. Christ... this is basic shit!!!

Oh, and the whole "the US is supporting Israel because they're Jewish" is a little speculatory. I'm not saying we don't favor Israel over other Middle Eastern states, but it's not because they're Jewish. It's a pro-US state in the middle of anti-US states and if we can get them to be the dominating local power then hell yeah! Cheaper oil! I think this war was fought more over oil than it was over religion. It's a more sensible answer that agrees with the realist world view that the US gov't chooses to persue.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 10:54:58 PM by iLLUSi0N »

Elliott Smith

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Jesus?
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2006, 12:01:08 PM »

Religion is real.  God is not.  Therefore, there is no accurate or inaccurate representation of some being you dub Jesus, insofar as he represents the religion you have outlined.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 30 queries.