*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• April 30, 2024, 04:24:14 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Legalizing marijuana  (Read 17245 times)

mulletike

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Legalizing marijuana
« on: May 17, 2006, 07:41:46 AM »

I am repeating myself I know, bear with me:)   I want to get some honest answers.

Does anyone find it funny that alcohol is legal yet marijuana isn't?  Think about it, there are alcoholics everywhere who have serious problems with addiction and withdrawl, but the effect marijuana has is only psychiological . Also, if you drink too much alcohol, you're gonna throw up and feel like shit, whereas if you toke too much, you will just fall asleep.(most likely with some weird dreams:)
And finally, if you get drunk the night before you are obviously going to have a hangover (headaches, neausea, basically feel like shit) but with marijuana all you will have is a little crusty eyes.  I think that it is an outrage that marijuana is villified yet alcohol is so accessible.

DOES ANYONE AGREE WITH ME?

well this is my profile if yo

mulletike

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Legalizing marijuana
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 07:56:49 AM »

It is very rare for people to not ever get hangovers, and I for one am sick of hearing it from everybody I know.
Though if you want to know how to lessen a hangover, drink lots of water while you are drinking.  Hangovers are caused by dehydration, though you probably will have to piss alot:)

mulletike

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Legalizing marijuana
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 07:59:39 AM »

Hey Misfit, it is  a joke.  Since this is a "Battlefield" clan, the whole make love not war thing is a joke.  I am not really a hippie, and if I told you I was, I would be a poser.  Although I think that they did have some good ideas, they were too busy getting high to execute them or make them into anything relevant other than just stoner thoughts.  I do, however, wish that there was less strife in this world, don't you?  

PS I DO take showers:)

*MAFIA* Balthazar

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Legalizing marijuana
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 08:13:19 AM »

The legalization of marijuana has nothing to with the overall bodily effects in my book. It's all about the almighty dollar. Let's see if I can make any sense here.

I come from an area where Tobacco growth is in abundance and have family that grew it for years. It's a fairly tedious process. After the initial planting a farmer is going to tend to the Tobacco almost on a daily basis to get any kind of decent grade out of the crop. Then we have the harvest. Tobacco is unlike any other crop where you can just grab up your results in a hopper and ship it off to be manufactured into goods. Tobacco has to be aged in a cool dry area and shifted around every so often so it does not dry out completely. Then after the farmer has done all they can do to grow a quality crop it is sent off to an auction where the highest bidder is awarded the bundles.

Let's make a comparison to Marijuana growth shall we...

To my knowledge to grow Marijuana one only has to stick the seed in the ground or potting soil, water it, stick a light or the sun on it, separate certain parts of the plant when necessary, harvest when done. Then after all this one only has to either sell to dealer or sell it themselves.

Which scenario sounds easier eh?  That's right.. Marijuana.

Which one do you think the Government can Tax alot easier? Tobacco.

So why do I think Marijuana is truly not legalized? Because it is alot easier to Tax a crop that is difficult to grow rather than a crop that a walking void could conjure up out of a flower pot.. So therefore if the Government cannot place a Tax on a crop that everybody and their brother could grow in their basement then it is deemed illegal
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 08:44:32 AM by *MAFIA* Balthazar »

mulletike

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Legalizing marijuana
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2006, 08:17:41 AM »

Jesus christ, Balthazar, I never thought about it like that.  I was always concerned about theory about its effects compared to alcohol rather than taxes and government and shit like that.  Well, that certainly clears alot of things up, thanks:)

*MAFIA* Balthazar

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Legalizing marijuana
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 08:34:19 AM »

Quote from: mulletike
Jesus christ, Balthazar, I never thought about it like that.  I was always concerned about theory about its effects compared to alcohol rather than taxes and government and shit like that.  Well, that certainly clears alot of things up, thanks:)

Either I’m not picking up the subtle nuances of your sarcasm or you are fairly easy to convince. Either way do not let me sway your view in either direction. I'm just stating my opinion, not trying to convince you that your view is "wrong" and mine is "right". You make some valid points yourself I just believe otherwise.

Boemann (nl)

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Legalizing marijuana
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2006, 08:52:44 AM »

If you want to have marijuana legally you should come the the Netherlands.

mulletike

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Legalizing marijuana
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2006, 09:01:31 AM »

Balthazar, I am anything but subtle lol.  I still believe that I made some valid points, its just that I was always so one-dimensional about it.  There are plenty of different sides to this topic that would probably take awhile for everyone to get into.  I still think that it should be the other way around.

mulletike

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
subtle, rofl
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2006, 09:08:16 AM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Balthazar
Either I’m not picking up the subtle nuances of your sarcasm or you are fairly easy to convince. Either way do not let me sway your view in either direction. I'm just stating my opinion, not trying to convince you that your view is "wrong" and mine is "right". You make some valid points yourself I just believe otherwise.

Balthazar I am anything BUT subtle, its just that I was always so one-dimensional about the subject.  I have had experiences with both marijuana and alcohol, and everytime I see a JUST SAY NO ad on tv villifying marijuana it makes me sick.  As though alcohol is so much better, we live in such a crazy world.  But there are multiple sides to the argument, and it would take quite awhile to get into.  Your idea about the topic has more to do with politics, whereas mine is more theory and personal experiences.  Politics is what runs this fucking nation, so you are really more right.  Still pisses me off to no end though.

*MAFIA* Balthazar

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Legalizing marijuana
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2006, 09:28:08 AM »

Quote from: mulletike
Balthazar I am anything BUT subtle, its just that I was always so one-dimensional about the subject.  I have had experiences with both marijuana and alcohol, and everytime I see a JUST SAY NO ad on tv villifying marijuana it makes me sick.  As though alcohol is so much better, we live in such a crazy world.  But there are multiple sides to the argument, and it would take quite awhile to get into.  Your idea about the topic has more to do with politics, whereas mine is more theory and personal experiences.  Politics is what runs this fucking nation, so you are really more right.  Still pisses me off to no end though.

Reminds me of the argument Larry Flynt’s lawyer used in the case against Jerry Falwell concerning defamation of character. He argued that if a minor picks up a copy of Hustler magazine do we take it off the shelves? Much like if a minor acquires alcohol do we stop selling it all together?

I can understand your view and defiantly agree that the world we live in is in a sad state of affairs.

*MAFIA* Capsloc

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • Elusive Gamers
Legalizing marijuana
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2006, 09:46:22 AM »

2 much to read.......... ....

mulletike

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Legalizing marijuana
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2006, 09:58:02 AM »

funny, I never thought that I would have an intelligent conversation with someone from bf1942.  Sorry, its just whenever I go to the server (in the game) all I hear is bitching and namecalling and "i fucked your mom!"  nice to see there ARE intelligent people out there.  Must be because most of the MAFIA members are over 18.

Boemann (nl)

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Legalizing marijuana
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2006, 10:28:25 AM »

Age has nothing to do with being intelligent. You are either intelligent or not, not really much you can do about that.

Lightning

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Legalizing marijuana
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2006, 10:35:05 AM »

Well I have had experiences with both also.  Both types of drivers.  One Drunk and the other high on marijuana.  They both killed someone because of the effects of the drug.  I do classify Alcohol as a drug.  The reason I believe Alcohol is legal is the money that is passed through the hands of Congress people to push for legalization.  Gotta be P.C. here.  Ther is no monopoly for the distribution of MJ.  Thus no large monies to be pushed into Congress for legalization.  Its just a bunch of rag tag hippies that think they know the law.  You may know this Balth but I think moonshine is Illegal.  The same would happen if Marijuana was legal.  You would have to get it from a tax based business.  And if you get the Govt. involved they will make it hard on idependent sellers.  I can't tell you how much Marijuana we confiscate each year.  Its like 1,000's of pounds just in northern Cal..  Sorry tangent here.  Its basically a stepping stone to harder drugs.  Sorry thats just what I see on the streets.

mulletike

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Legalizing marijuana
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2006, 10:48:31 AM »

I know this may sound stupid, but I don't believe in that whole "gateway drug" theory.  There are a lot of different reasons why people use drugs that I don't have to explain, but it is my belief that if people are going to use drugs they will.  Some of it is genes, but everybody makes their own choice, do they not?  I mean, really, when people build up a tolerance for marijuana, people say they will move on to something harder, but why not just buy a higher grade?  Either way it will cost more money.
  People don't classify alchohol as a gateway drug, even though the good effects of it are largely similiar to weed.  Think about it, if marijuana was legalized, sure, alot more people would have access to it, but then again alot of dealers and organized crime would go out of business.  It is the same thing with cocaine and the like.  But in cocaine's case it is too dangerous and addictive, so there really isn't much we can do about it except work harder to bust mules.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 30 queries.