*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• April 30, 2024, 03:13:18 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Legalizing marijuana  (Read 17244 times)

*MAFIA* Phantom

Legalizing marijuana
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2006, 10:53:43 AM »

My 2 cents:

Well for one, mulletike mentioned that you don't throw up off of mj, you just fall asleep.  That is not true cause all of my friends are pot heads and if they smoke too much they feel like shit and start throwing up everywhere.

Without considering the profitable stand points that balthazar has mentioned and whatnot...alco hol is legal because it is easily detectable and can be consumed to a point where it doesn't affect your decisions. Cops can pull you over and give you an alcohol test, but they can't give you a MJ test.  Also, unlike alcohol, if you smoke MJ then your high.  It doesn't have stages like alcohol. Like 1 or 2 beers = slight buzz, 3 or 4 = buzzed, etc... Once you smoke MJ your faded.

mulletike

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Legalizing marijuana
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2006, 11:12:31 AM »

Phantom I couldn't disagree more.  Have you ever smoked pot?  I have--not as much as I used to, but I certainly have plenty of first hand experience.  You are partially right, you CAN throw up from weed, but that is only if you get totally blown.  It only happened to me once, and that...... Well, you probably don't care, but suffice to say it was a lot.  And your point about how once you smoke MJ you're faded is not true.  As a matter of fact, there are lots of people who smoke pot on a regular basis and get through the day.  For instance, when I was at high school, I would normally smoke a joint or bowl with some friends before school, and still work on homework and shit like that.  If anything, its HARDER to be drunk and get through a day because, well, your drunk.  The biggest effect MJ has is sleepyness and the munchies:)
There aren't too many clear-cut stages of high, because its the same throughout.  You get relaxed, you get more relaxed, you get sleepy, if you smoke a shit-load of high grade stuff you will hallucinate, but thats it.  
And unlike alcohol, people rarely get violent or mean when they are high,(and don't tell me different, my mom is an alcoholic, so I would know).
As for your point on cops pullng you over....... Please, have you smelled pot?  It is highly detectable, and if you are smoking in a car it would be impossible not to tell.  Not to mention red eyes and big pupils.  They can make them walk the line anyways, its not that different.  Like I said, the good effects of weed and alcohol are basically the same.

well this is my profile if yo

Gear

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • tagged
Legalizing marijuana
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2006, 12:35:51 PM »

My friend wants to say some thing in this thread so keep in mind that this is not me, well this part is.

ok now I have read every single thread here and to no offense but there is no valid point that u make that has not already made in the past I used to be the same as both u on both sides until I tried it and if u ask me if they legalize it less and less ppl will do it bc they r stupid but I say it should stay illegal y bc I get it for a cheap price and good shit to none the less if they legalized it I would miss the nights that I smoke on my back porch and no it would not be the same bc all my naighbors or how ever u spell that r old they will want to do it to greedy old ppl and plus they would taxe every MJ realated products so I vote no on leagalzation well I'm done

*MAFIA* Balthazar

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Legalizing marijuana
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2006, 12:40:11 PM »

Quote from: Scytheist
My friend wants to say some thing in this thread so keep in mind that this is not me, well this part is.

ok now I have read every single thread here and to no offense but there is no valid point that u make that has not already made in the past I used to be the same as both u on both sides until I tried it and if u ask me if they legalize it less and less ppl will do it bc they r stupid but I say it should stay illegal y bc I get it for a cheap price and good shit to none the less if they legalized it I would miss the nights that I smoke on my back porch and no it would not be the same bc all my naighbors or how ever u spell that r old they will want to do it to greedy old ppl and plus they would taxe every MJ realated products so I vote no on leagalzation well I'm done

Scytheist.. is your friend masebot?

mulletike

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Legalizing marijuana
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2006, 12:44:23 PM »

Man! that was hard to read.  Too many abbreviations there.  That is another thing, the price would go up, but at least you wouldn't have to worry about whether you are getting ripped off, or about getting caught.  Also, you wouldn't have to worry about whether your dealer is in town that night, just go to the gas station.

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
Legalizing marijuana
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2006, 01:06:34 PM »

Well my 2 cents...

I like dem french fried pataters mmm hmm

Lightning, I have been to other countries like germany, holland. and there pot is 100% legal. And guess what? germany does not have a problem with harder drugs like meth, crack etc because pot is so easy and cheap to get.

I mean why spend a few years in a german jail just because you shot up meth versus buying a pack of premo pot, sitting at a cafe and roasting you're ass in public at 3pm.

The us was, is, and will always be about taxation if they cant tax it, it's illegal.

Hell look at prostitution, here it's 100% illegal, in germany, holland etc it's 100% legal and controled you dont have wemon running around spreading aids and other std's. They are required to keep health cards and be tested every so often. No health card no one want's you're time.

In my book the us can learn allot from germany.

*MAFIA* KrautKiller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Legalizing marijuana
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2006, 01:20:24 PM »

They can't tax it, thats the main reason they dont sell it at pharmacys.  Theres actually a substitute for it, its a drug thats used in a couple of hospitals in america, it has the same effects and its still being tested I believe.

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Legalizing marijuana
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2006, 02:15:51 PM »

so mulletike, are you saying they should make alcohol illegal? i just hear a bunch of bad shit about alcohol from you. if our government was to make alky illegal all hell would break loose, and we'd have a whole nother "mafia" time which would be pretty cool but whatever. btw i love weed and alcohol. and theres my 3 cents lol.

mulletike

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
To BLAKJAX
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2006, 02:23:11 PM »

To tell the truth, Blakjax, I am very biased towards alcohol.  You see, my mother was an alcoholic and it fucked up our whole family.  Yes I know it will never happen, and I am NOT saying that it should be illegal, my original argument was that it was unfair that it was legal and marijuana is villifyed.  From reading these posts I have gotten a better understanding of why things are the way they are.  You can't exactly make alcohol in your tub can you lol.  Jk, jk. Bathtub gin and all that.  Very long and hard process.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 02:23:45 PM by mulletike »

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
Legalizing marijuana
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2006, 02:27:07 PM »

Oh you can make you're own beer, but the ingredients are taxed, so it's all good for our money loving government.

mulletike

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Legalizing marijuana
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2006, 02:29:59 PM »

Yeah Bonehead,you go ahead and make your own beer.  As a matter of fact, take a bath or shower first lol
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 03:22:23 PM by mulletike »

*MAFIA* Phantom

Legalizing marijuana
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2006, 02:32:36 PM »

Quote from: mulletike
Phantom I couldn't disagree more.  Have you ever smoked pot?  I have--not as much as I used to, but I certainly have plenty of first hand experience.  You are partially right, you CAN throw up from weed, but that is only if you get totally blown.  It only happened to me once, and that...... Well, you probably don't care, but suffice to say it was a lot.  And your point about how once you smoke MJ you're faded is not true.  As a matter of fact, there are lots of people who smoke pot on a regular basis and get through the day.  For instance, when I was at high school, I would normally smoke a joint or bowl with some friends before school, and still work on homework and shit like that.  If anything, its HARDER to be drunk and get through a day because, well, your drunk.  The biggest effect MJ has is sleepyness and the munchies:)
There aren't too many clear-cut stages of high, because its the same throughout.  You get relaxed, you get more relaxed, you get sleepy, if you smoke a shit-load of high grade stuff you will hallucinate, but thats it.  
And unlike alcohol, people rarely get violent or mean when they are high,(and don't tell me different, my mom is an alcoholic, so I would know).
As for your point on cops pullng you over....... Please, have you smelled pot?  It is highly detectable, and if you are smoking in a car it would be impossible not to tell.  Not to mention red eyes and big pupils.  They can make them walk the line anyways, its not that different.  Like I said, the good effects of weed and alcohol are basically the same.

well now I'll play devil's advocate and argue against this.

For one, your response is of the typical pot head.  Your basing your decisions on the fact that you obviously smoke pot every damn day.  You may not realize your high because your so used to the feeling, but it very much does affect your judgement the second you take one hit.  I'm sure you can still get through your day being high but it's because you've become dependant on it and your body is used to the reactions it causes.  Now you say you have to be "blown" in order to throw up, which is utterly false...cuz I've seen first timers and pot heads throw up after taking one rip.

So about being pulled over, I'm sure officers can recognize if someone is high but people that do smoke constantly become better at disguising their actual state. Highly detectable you say? Eye drops, body spray, gum and whalla you look just as normal as anyone else. For Alcohol, there is no way to get past a breathe test, once you drink your done.  4 of my friends have gotten DUI's (alcohol) and they were faded out of their minds when it happened.  

And no the effects of alcohol and weed are not the same, one is a hallucinogen and the other is a depressent. you even stated yourself that alcohol is violent while weed is sleepy.

mulletike

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
ouch that hurts
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2006, 02:35:57 PM »

Hey, I have cleaned up considerably.  It has been quite awhile since I have smoked, but I used to smoke pot every day, yes.  And by the way, Marijuana is not classified as a Hallucinogen.

mulletike

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Legalizing marijuana
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2006, 02:37:09 PM »

You are however right about being pulled over.  You still can't pass the fact that if an officer makes you walk the line it will be pretty obvious.

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Legalizing marijuana
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2006, 02:50:35 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Bonehead

In my book the us can learn allot from germany.

Damn straight. The laws are better there, you can drink and smoke at 16 but not drive until 21. Makes sense to me, better to have kids drunk on the bus then kids drunk running over other people. Weed isn't legal in germany, they're just lax about enforcing it, but it's right next to the netherlands so cops don't mind it. Ya, the US can learn alot from the fatherland, and the netherlands.
What is the Alchole level pike at for you Duney.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 30 queries.