*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:11:05 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Best song of all time?  (Read 41815 times)

*MAFIA* LAAZ

Best song of all time?
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2006, 05:50:05 PM »

Dont fuck with the mexicans motherfuckers I'll fuck your shit up.

Quote from: *MAFIA* Bonehead
Mine is

West coast beaners: The taco shack attack

LOL wtf

But back on topic, I dont have a favorite song.

Elliott Smith

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Best song of all time?
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2006, 08:04:18 PM »

Roy Orbison - "Pretty Woman"  Nobody can touch Roy Orbison.  He's got The Voice!  And I think Freddie Mercury is actually from the planet Mercury, making him a race unknown.  But for real, he's Indian.  Or at least that's what part of him would... ahem, warrant... being called a... ahem, "sand nigger."

GWAR 3:16

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Best song of all time?
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2006, 09:29:58 PM »

ahem...that would make him ahem...being so PC here...hope the sociology professor is watching....it would make him a turban nigger.  When are we going to hang out and smoke all your dope, bitch?

He's Iranian, so even though Iranians aren't Arabs, he's still a sand nigger.

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Best song of all time?
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2006, 10:38:01 PM »

Quote from: GWAR 3:16

He's Iranian, so even though Iranians aren't Arabs, he's still a sand nigger.

so full of hatred. So what's the deal, is he Indian or Iranian?
What is the Alchole level pike at for you Duney.

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Best song of all time?
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2006, 08:57:24 AM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Wasserfaller
so full of hatred. So what's the deal, is he Indian or Iranian?

He'd actually be somewhat related to you, by way of your jewish grandfather, since he's a Parsi, even though Persians aren't normally considered a Semitic people.  You probably share some of the same genes through intermixing.

Parsi are ethnic Persians who live in India.  Iran was/is Persia.  Therefore, by blood he is Iranian/Persian.  There are isolated pockets of other Persians, but they are remnants of the Persian empire and are of Iranian/Persian blood as well since miscegenation is discouraged and they tend to be an insular people when among larger host societies.  Unless you're sitting in your Sociology 101 class, that is.  

Incidentally, Persians were originally part of the Indo-European(Aryan) peoples.  Building an empire and mixing their blood with the blood of conquered peoples has resulted in what is modern day backwards ass Iran, which is still more progressive than the Arab countries surrounding them.

Don't they teach anything in school?

*MAFIA* LAAZ

Best song of all time?
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2006, 09:37:31 AM »

Hey when are you going to join *MAFIA* again, shit got my vote.

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Best song of all time?
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2006, 10:58:39 AM »

Also, seether is a fat dude in eye makeup.  I feel ashamed even knowing that.

'Corporate rock can suck my cock.'

well, i could really care less what he looks like, i just like the music. Queer as he may be he can make some good songs in my opinion.

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Best song of all time?
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2006, 12:20:19 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* ßlåkjáx
well, i could really care less what he looks like, i just like the music. Queer as he may be he can make some good songs in my opinion.

Yeah, good music is good music, no matter who the artist is.  I like a lot of Elton John's songs, but I don't agree with the lifestyle he has taken.  Terrell Owens/Dennis Rodman/Ty Cobb may not be the most likable people but they have excelled in their sports.

Anyway, back on topic.  I guess I'll agree with Balth, "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin is probably the best.  Although I love Bob Dylan's "Like A Rolling Stone" as well.  In a very close 12-way tie for 2nd, I'll have to give it to these others:

Rightous Brothers - "Unchained Melody"
The Beatles - "Hey Jude"
The Eagles - "Hotel California"
The Who - "Baby O'Riley"
The Rolling Stones - "Paint It Black"
Boston - "More Than A Feeling"
Aerosmith - "Dream On"
Jimi Hendrix - "Purple Haze"
Journey - "Don't Stop Believing"
U2 - "With Or Without You"
Guns 'N Roses - "November Rain"
Nirvana - "Smells Like Teen Spirit"

Come on Laz, where is your post?  We all know what your favorite song is...

TheJudge

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Best song of all time?
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2006, 02:03:34 PM »

Offspring- The kids aren't alright

Prepare to be judged...

Koekiemonster

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Best song of all time?
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2006, 02:31:59 PM »

Mine used to be: Stained - It's been a while

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Best song of all time?
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2006, 02:38:39 PM »

Quote from: Koekiemonster
Mine used to be: Stained - It's been a while

that is a very good song.

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Best song of all time?
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2006, 04:10:55 PM »

This may be a suprise to most of you MTV children here, but people write songs about what they know.   I know the video is more important than the lyrics, but if you pay attention, most bands are trying to say something.  Elton John has a lot of songs that involve queerdom, you say you don't agree with his lifestyle but you like his music...this makes you a hypocrite.  If you've ever actually paid for a EJ album, then you have directly paid for his astroglide and sphincter reduction surgery.

I don't like niggers, so I don't listen to nigger music.  You say you don't like homosexuality, but you listen to songs about homosexuality and possibly help to pay for a queer lifestyle.  It would appear there is a mental disconnect happening somewhere.  

Blakjax, theres a whole world of music out there that isn't carefully packaged corporate rock.  If you want to listen to a fat guy wearing makeup, I suggest Il Duche.

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Best song of all time?
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2006, 04:50:33 PM »

He'd actually be somewhat related to you, by way of your jewish grandfather, since he's a Parsi, even though Persians aren't normally considered a Semitic people.
I have a jewish grandmother, not grandfather and she converted in the 30's so i'm not middle eastern/parsi. My grandfather fought in the Wehrmacht...th ere's a bit of a difference.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 09:59:34 PM by *MAFIA* Wasserfaller »

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Best song of all time?
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2006, 05:22:46 PM »

Elton John has a lot of songs that involve queerdom, you say you don't agree with his lifestyle but you like his music...this makes you a hypocrite.  If you've ever actually paid for a EJ album, then you have directly paid for his astroglide and sphincter reduction surgery.  You say you don't like homosexuality, but you listen to songs about homosexuality and possibly help to pay for a queer lifestyle.  It would appear there is a mental disconnect happening somewhere.

Define hypocrite for me, in your own words, because although I understand what you are saying, I have to disagree.  No, I have never purchased an Elton John album, I just download some of his mp3s.  Yes I like his music - the actual MUSICAL part of it - the chords, melody, harmony, rythm, beat, ect.  He doesn't even write his own lyrics, they are written by Bernie Taupin (who is NOT gay).  Elton John might assist at times, but mainly he just writes the music.  Check out this website if you don't believe me:   http://www.songmeanings.net/artist.php?aid=157, or do some more searching elsewhere.

There is no "mental disconnect happening" anywhere, you just want to believe there is one.  I'm not supporting his lifestyle by listening to his music.  That is your opinion.  Take this for example.  I like to watch sports.  If a football/basketball/baseball player is gay, but he's still good at his sport, and I enjoy watching his team play, does that mean I support his lifestyle?  No way.  That has nothing to do with it.  Now if I watch his reality tv show about him living with is boyfriend or something, then that would definitely be questionable.  But I wouldn't.

All I'm trying to say is that he is a good musician, nothing more, nothing less.  The fact that he's gay doesn't take away from his talent.  Phantom is gay but he still owns everyone at Battlefield.  If he wasn't gay, would he be a better player?  No.  You just like to make assumptions about people and sometimes you're right and sometimes you're wrong.  Just let it go man....

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Best song of all time?
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2006, 05:29:36 PM »

Blakjax, theres a whole world of music out there that isn't carefully packaged corporate rock.  If you want to listen to a fat guy wearing makeup, I suggest Il Duche.

sorry, i didnt know im not allowed to like things that sound good to my ears. I know you think they sound like shit, and you may think im a faggot for liking it. But in all honesty i really dont give a shit. i like what i like, and it ends there.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 31 queries.