*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• March 28, 2024, 10:06:38 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: The universe  (Read 51770 times)

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: The universe
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2006, 09:34:09 AM »

wow, some very cool things. Oh and Chris,i dont know the exact speed of light, but it is around 187,000 mph.

MeZmoriZe

• Forum Member
  • The Emo Wonder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2006, 09:50:16 AM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* ßlåkjáx
wow, some very cool things. Oh and Chris,i dont know the exact speed of light, but it is around 187,000 mph.
LOL ROFLCOPTER WAFFLECAKES!!1  Try about 300,000,000 mps(miles per second).

Just thought I would round it up.

Koekiemonster

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2006, 10:14:42 AM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Phantom
Some interesting astronomy facts:

The moon slows down the earth's rotation and eventually (after a few million years) the moon will only be visible from one side of the world.

When our sun becomes a red giant (in a few billion years), earth will be consumed by it.

Mass affects time, if you were to place clocks on different parts of the sun and start them at the same time, they would all read different times.

If you were pulled into a black hole, your body would look like a spagetti string and time would be so slow that you would appear to be frozen.

The universe used to be hundreds of degrees hot, now it is almost at absolute zero...which is −459.67 °F

I agree with you on the first 2 Phanty, for as far as the other 3:

I don't think it would influance the mechanical clock so much, but maybe the given time wil appear/feel different on different parts of the sun.

I don't believe in black holes. No one has proved there existance anyway!!

And I don't think the Universe as a whole, is now or was ever totally the same temperture.

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2006, 10:35:29 AM »

Quote from: MeZmoriZe
LOL ROFLCOPTER WAFFLECAKES!!1  Try about 300,000,000 mps(miles per second).

Just thought I would round it up.

299 792 458 m / s- meh your right, i know something goes that fast though... i remember it from school.

Carnage

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2006, 10:37:40 AM »

I wonder if there's a end in space... There needs to be a end... Oh well, we will never know how large space is. Or if it ever ends or not.
That's my BIG question.

Koekiemonster

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2006, 11:15:19 AM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Carnage
I wonder if there's a end in space... There needs to be a end... Oh well, we will never know how large space is. Or if it ever ends or not.
That's my BIG question.

I don't think it ends somewhere Carny, why does there has to be a beginning or end to it?? It is there and it is endless ...

The only way there can be an end to it, is if there are more than 3 dimensions or example: In 2 dimesional earth you can go every way you want without ever thinking there is an end to it somewhere. But with the 3rd dimension (hight) added you suddenly see a way out!!

*MAFIA* Capsloc

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • Elusive Gamers
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2006, 11:24:53 AM »

haha, i saw this video one day that was asking or commenting, maybe the universe is like a very huge and i mean huge globe.  i dont know, i guess only god knows.

Koekiemonster

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2006, 11:49:33 AM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* ChrisDaKilla
haha, i saw this video one day that was asking or commenting, maybe the universe is like a very huge and i mean huge globe.  i dont know, i guess only god knows.

That's also a good example of how the Universe could be endless. I always think of the Universe as a globe turned inside out. Imagine, that way it would also be endless.

[DOA] Tomdj

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2006, 12:21:30 PM »

What I'm annoyed about is why havnt some other races visited us yet!!!

We have made lots of noise. Our radio waves are just reaching suns and solar systems millions of miles away...

But sadly, if intellegent life was on the other side of the milky way, it would take our radio waves 100,000 years to reach... and then when they did get it, it would take 100,000 years to send a radio wave back... unless of course they have got one of these

aldebaron= alderan?
betelgues= Beetlejuice :)

Swifty

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2006, 12:35:54 PM »

If you've ever taken physics the speed of light is 300,000 Km/second :D.  Speed of light is also constant, and yes bonehead stars do eventually die as they expand all the fuel they are burning and material they are reacting runs out, they just dont necisarily explode...

[DOA] Tomdj

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2006, 12:40:29 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Swifty
If you've ever taken physics the speed of light is 300,000 Km/second :D.  Speed of light is also constant, and yes bonehead stars do eventually die as they expand all the fuel they are burning and material they are reacting runs out, they just dont necisarily explode...

There are several processes that differ from size of the sun, type of the sun.

- if you traveld the speed of light and held a mirror in front of you, you would not see a reflection.

*MAFIA* Phantom

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2006, 12:58:23 PM »

Well cookie monster, the post I made (post #15) contain FACTS, they are not debatable...so you're just being ingnorant.  I took astronomy classes in college and I still have all my material sitting in my room.  To even think that black holes don't exist is beyond stupidity.

Swifty

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2006, 01:22:40 PM »

Quote from: '[DOA
Tomdj']There are several processes that differ from size of the sun, type of the sun.

- if you traveld the speed of light and held a mirror in front of you, you would not see a reflection.

Not true, light reflects at the speed of light and its all constant so your eyes would see the light at the speed of light as well producing an image...Plus the angel of reflection and the normal and all this other shit would be strange if you were traveling at the speed of light.  Meh its hard to say since its impossible to go that fast lol.

[DOA] Tomdj

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2006, 02:29:26 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Phantom
Well cookie monster, the post I made (post #15) contain FACTS, they are not debatable...so you're just being ingnorant.  I took astronomy classes in college and I still have all my material sitting in my room.  To even think that black holes don't exist is beyond stupidity.

Yeah- well i'm 13 and watch the odd documentry or two.

So whats your guys opinions of ufo's here?

Govermant?
Aliens?

Lightning

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2006, 04:40:16 PM »

Well when anyone actually travels outside our solar system and begins to shed some light on the issue I may start to believe all these nonscense ideals.  No one can prove a star blew up a gazillion miles away 1,000 years ago and we are just seeing the light that use to be there.  Umm hard to grasp that one.  So how about the idea that when you travel at the speed of light time stops.  Hmm that one seems kinda hard to prove also.  Anyway cool pics bj.  Dont get me wrong I think astrology is cool but its hard to prove.  And the idea that if the earth were 1/4 mile closer to the sun or further away and life as we know it wouldn't exhist makes for good argument for a creator.  But I think most astrologers don't believe in a higher power.  Phantom post 15 contains facts that are undebatable im not so sure about that one.  Everything is debateable from a certian point of view.  :)

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 30 queries.