*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• June 16, 2024, 09:12:15 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Global Warming?  (Read 20302 times)

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: Global Warming?
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2007, 08:04:26 PM »

Just go kill yourself, when you know what the fuck you are talking about let me know...
Rofl, you've been completely wrong, and now you get mad because of it?

Here's what you claimed...

1. Humans can survive off of pure oxygen
2. The more oxygen there is, the better it is for humans.
3. The more CO2 there is, the better is it for plants that take in CO2.

All wrong....

1. Humans can't survive off pure oxygen, they'll die. Air is mostly nitrogen, not oxygen(i'm saying this because you seem to be confused that air is made out of only oxygen, which leads me to believe that would be your reasoning behind "the more oxygen the better" statement.)

2. Again, humans can't live off of only oxygen, and if you upset the oxygen/nitrogen/helium gas mixture that you take in that makes up air, you will die.

3. Like I said, if the CO2 ammount is higher than 20% in the atmosphere, plants will die. They can't live off of it if there is too much.

These are facts, they aren't wrong. You clearly are convinced that I don't know what i'm talking about and that i'm completely wrong. Here.

"About 2 billion years ago, the concentration of CO2 was likely 20 or 30%. Human life and even most life could not have survived in such an atmosphere."

That is taken off of environmentalc hemistry.com, but you're probably right, they probably know nothing about chemistry or biology. You have yet to cite any of your claims.
What is the Alchole level pike at for you Duney.

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2007, 08:04:52 PM »

Wasser, what part of, "We, as people, have nothing to do with global warming" don't you understand? It has nothing to do with Oxygen concentration or CO2 levels. Global Warming is caused by the sun. <FUCKING PERIOD. In the next 100 years the temperatures will start dropping and keep dropping. Then Al Gore is going to invent something called Global Freezing. Stop buying into political bullshit.

Boemann (nl)

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2007, 09:50:03 PM »

Outside of earths atmosphere contains more radioactive waves than you could imagine, the sun itself produces more radioactive material then we could ever imagine. But you know what? we need it to survive...
Woot and long live ozone layer to keep most of that stuff from reaching earths surface.. but the ozone layer is getting smaller.
And you say we need radio active material? No we don't. It will mutate our DNA, and that is what is needed for survival. But it can go two ways. The good one is that we will mutate and our new DNA COULD have the new genetic information to make new enzymes so we can survive. But it can go wrong aka killing a human.
And the chance for a good mutation in the right type of cells is small, VERY small..

And Wasser, its pointless to discuss something like that on here. Some people don't have any idea what they are talking about..
The first organisms that lived on this earth were germs ofcourse, and they could only survive with CO2, the O2 concentration wasn't high because there was nothing that could produce O2. Luckily for us humans, that changed. Germs mutated and some produced O2, which killed some of the other germs, but others mutated and they were able to survive the oxygen. If that mutation never got here then we couldn't live here, we as in oxygen breathing beings.

edit: 2222 posts, w00t lol
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 10:20:46 PM by Boemann (nl) »

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2007, 10:09:39 PM »

Wasser, what part of, "We, as people, have nothing to do with global warming" don't you understand? It has nothing to do with Oxygen concentration or CO2 levels. Global Warming is caused by the sun. <FUCKING PERIOD. In the next 100 years the temperatures will start dropping and keep dropping. Then Al Gore is going to invent something called Global Freezing. Stop buying into political bullshit.
My response above (post #60) has nothing to do with global warming, calm down. It has to do with CO2 levels and the lifeforms that break it down and turn it into oxygen. If you bothered to read it, you would realize it doesn't mention global warming once.

*MAFIA* KrautKiller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2007, 08:36:17 AM »

Bonehead just because you have a oxygen pump doesnt mean your getting 100% oxygen, even scubadivers and astronauts dont breath in completely 100 percent o2 or their lungs wouldnt know how to function.

so heres a pretty detailed description of the stuff i know so far on this subject...

you would die in a 100 oxygen atmosphere due to the fact that you need carbon dioxide to tell your lungs to breathe  This is a waste product of respiration and it's concentration in your lungs tells your body how often it needs to breathe  If the atmospheric level of CO2 is zero, your lungs cannot produce enough of it to convince them to keep breathing and you will suffocate

my awesome science skills at work
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 08:42:07 AM by *MAFIA* KrautKiller »

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2007, 09:32:33 AM »

sorry, its the levels in the blood stream aka blood gas. But you knew that ;) and I guess people who have to take the oxy therapy in the tube, so I guess they are screwed huh?

oxy binding proteins cause cell divisions and core repairs, waste is carbon. Same issue for green life and some animals like creel. They need carbon to cause cell divisions and growth, and waste product is oxy.

You can read up on blood gases and how carbon levels in the veins determines your sat levels. Your lungs don't decide anything they are just exchangers ;)

*MAFIA* KrautKiller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2007, 09:59:52 AM »

too bad i had a 102 in biology u noob

*MAFIA* Capsloc

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • Elusive Gamers
« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2007, 03:01:30 PM »

rofl scooters on the global warming issue, i'm with blakjax on this one, it's just in high season, well it's gonna be for a bit, after we might see some really cold times, but i wouldnt know how far that would be in the future...reaso n i say we might......... also the ozone does not just dissipate and never come back, yes it's getting its holes in there but it does repair itself over time....so in my opinion we contribute to the depletion of the ozone but we won't completely destroy it....

hey now on a non scientific view, and more of a biblical view, the earth will not get destroyed by men ;) well it won't get destroyed at all

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2007, 03:41:12 PM »

if you had a 102 then you would never had said the lungs decide if you need more oxy.

your right chris man will reside upon it for ever.

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2007, 03:50:15 PM »

your right chris man will reside upon it for ever.
lol, or until the russians/chinese/arghans/N. Koreans get their way and lob over a few nukes...then it's Dr. Strangelove, only real.

*MAFIA* Capsloc

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • Elusive Gamers
« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2007, 04:23:26 PM »

lol, or until the russians/chinese/arghans/N. Koreans get their way and lob over a few nukes...then it's Dr. Strangelove, only real.
ok wasser think about what you just said, one of my professors mentioned this, if you were n. korea would you throw a nuke out to any country? they would know they are going to die also, and get blown to bits....

*MAFIA* KrautKiller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2007, 08:34:32 PM »

Well im sure back in ww2 the japs would have sent nukes all over the place, but now their all fat video game mastering basterds, if n. korea has that same honour system as they once did they would be willing to die.

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2007, 11:49:46 PM »

ok wasser think about what you just said, one of my professors mentioned this, if you were n. korea would you throw a nuke out to any country? they would know they are going to die also, and get blown to bits....
rofl, calmate guey! I wasn't being serious at all, I'm aware of the possibility of that actually happening, I was kidding.

@Kraut, the japanese didn't have nuclear capabilities during WWII. I'm not even sure if they have a nuclear weapons program even now. And when compared to the number of obese kids in America, japan doesn't even come close to having as many fat asses as us.

*MAFIA* KrautKiller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2007, 11:58:16 PM »

"Well im sure back in ww2 the japs would have sent nukes all over the place"

i ment that if they actually had any..

HaVoK

• Forum Member
  • Gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2007, 03:27:24 AM »

The movie is called "The Day After".  Russia nuking America, vice versa.

"Well im sure back in ww2 the japs would have sent nukes all over the place"

i ment that if they actually had any..

No country would ever nuke another country if they ever wanted to take it over.  Why contaminate land or waterways that you would want to inhabit.

Now back to the Global Warming topic.

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 25 queries.