*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• April 26, 2024, 08:51:39 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: "Death Proof"  (Read 4600 times)

*MAFIA* Milky Way

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
"Death Proof"
« on: September 27, 2007, 02:05:56 AM »

has anyone else seen this movie? maybe im missing something but this is a perfect example of someone who takes 2 hours of CRAP and throws it into a movie to make money off it. Easily the dumbest movie i have ever seen in my life.

*MAFIA* KrautKiller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: "Death Proof"
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 05:04:12 AM »

it was in grindhouse, or whatever it was called.. the other movie that was with it was alittle better

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 11:15:39 AM »

never even heard of it, must be a wow, emo thing.

*MAFIA* Milky Way

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 11:27:31 AM »

it was in grindhouse, or whatever it was called.. the other movie that was with it was alittle better

so it was 2 seperate movies put into 1? i only saw deathproof and it made no sense at all and had the worse ending ive ever seen

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 12:24:08 PM »

It has a lot of good reviews:  http://imdb.com/title/tt1028528/

*MAFIA* Phantom

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 03:16:11 PM »

grindhouse is just deathproof and planet terror movie combo...they aren't linked to each other.

i'm not a big fan of quentin tarantino movies, he's really not a good director/writer/producer...watever he does he fails at it.

*MAFIA* Dune Surfer

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 03:50:36 PM »

I'm not a big fan of quentin tarantino movies, he's really not a good director/writer/producer...watever he does he fails at it.
OMG, I'm of the total oposite opinion I think most of his stuff is brilliant: Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction etc plus the stuff he had a hand in like True Romance, Desperado's, Dusk till Dawn are all excellent. It is true though, he is a bit of an Art House nerd and he's started to make films that only he wants to see not the general public. Death Proof is a prime example of his fascination with cult 70's movies and a recreation of the movies he woulda have liked to have made in the 70's if he wasn't just a kid then.

DeAtH

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 03:53:08 PM »

pulp fiction was in fact a great movie did not see others and dont look like i will see deathproof.

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2007, 03:57:09 PM »

I would expect krautkiller not to understand it. The whole movie is making an homage to classic poorly scripted 70's exploitation/horror films.

It's a very well made movie(s), and just because kraut gave it a bad review, everyone should go see it. Best movie of 07 so far. Look, for a guy who holds shitty emo music that everyone hates in such high regards, if he gives a movie a BAD review, wouldn't you conclude it's going to be a good movie?

He doesn't understand (no surprise there) that the movie is making fun of 1970's horror/chase/exploitation movies. The music is cheesy, the lines are horrible, and the line delivery is even worse...but as I assumed, he didn't understand that is the whole point of the movie. For instance, Big Trouble in Little China, a horrible movie...but horribly awesome. I love it, one of my favorites, but it's so cheesy that it's lovable.

Dune's got it down, Pulp fiction and resevoir dogs were excellent, wasn't a big fan of kill bill though. Later hoes, i'm off to work.
What is the Alchole level pike at for you Duney.

*MAFIA* Phantom

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2007, 04:20:24 PM »

YOU KNOW WHAT WASSER JUST ADMIT THAT HE'S ROFLBAD!  WHY DON'T YOU JUST SUCK HIS DICK YOU FUCKING BIGGIDY BITCH!

lol nah i'm just playing, but ya i personally don't like his work, although i must admit his older films are pretty entertaining, like dusk till dawn and pulp fiction, but i think that's about all i like out of his films.

*MAFIA* KrautKiller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2007, 09:49:38 PM »

i actually liked planet terror since it was gorey, and wasser ive seen alot of 70s movies :P

*MAFIA* Hellraiser

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/jeremy.miller.14855377?sk=wall
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2007, 10:17:32 PM »

I agree with Dune.  Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Dusk till Dawn, all those were great fucking movies.  I haven't seen Grind House or Death Proof yet.  I am sure I will though, well if they are worth watching. 

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2007, 10:26:01 PM »

The only thing hell wants to see is hot arab bitches and camel flicks...

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2007, 10:56:14 PM »

i actually liked planet terror since it was gorey, and wasser ive seen alot of 70s movies :P
Well, that's nice and dandy that you've seen movies from the 70s, but you're missing the point. I'll make it even simpler.....

GRINDHOUSE(deathproof and planet terror) = parody

It's making fun of films that were actually filmed in all seriousness in the 70s, but came out looking retarded and corny. Grindhouse is replicating that exact style, and over accentuating the corny-ness to make fun of them.

Don't worry, I don't expect you to understand this. I'm just explaining it to the others so they don't immediately think it's a stupid movie just because you branded it as such. Carry on.

*MAFIA* Hellraiser

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/jeremy.miller.14855377?sk=wall
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2007, 11:18:42 PM »

Well, that's nice and dandy that you've seen movies from the 70s, but you're missing the point. I'll make it even simpler.....

GRINDHOUSE(deathproof and planet terror) = parody

It's making fun of films that were actually filmed in all seriousness in the 70s, but came out looking retarded and corny. Grindhouse is replicating that exact style, and over accentuating the corny-ness to make fun of them.

Don't worry, I don't expect you to understand this. I'm just explaining it to the others so they don't immediately think it's a stupid movie just because you branded it as such. Carry on.
  OH SNAP!!!!

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 30 queries.