*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• April 30, 2024, 08:52:32 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: i'm of need helpings  (Read 8865 times)

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: i'm of need helpings
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2007, 03:58:54 PM »

I went to the spot you told me to go to, and all those options you told me to enable where already enabled, i didn't change anything.

"obtain IP address automatically" and "automatic private IP address" where already checked.

It still won't go online. Are there any other tricks to get this thing back online? I hope it's fixable...

When we got it from Dell 6 years ago the OS was already on it, it came ready to use. The ethernet connection worked fine right out of the box, but after we re-installed Windows a while ago, it never worked.
What is the Alchole level pike at for you Duney.

Lightning

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2007, 04:10:58 PM »

What router are you using?

If you connect the computer directly to the modem does it work?

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2007, 04:22:04 PM »

What router are you using?

If you connect the computer directly to the modem does it work?
i haven't been using the router, i've been unplugging this one(mine) from the internet and plugging the family computer directly into the modem to see if it works.
I know the router works though, i used it at a LAN game not so long ago.

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2007, 05:05:30 PM »

lets see you reinstalled windows. and it stopped working. so that tells me windows installed the wrong driver and you have a limited driver for the hardware. dl the correct driver http://downloadcenter.intel.com/confirm.aspx?httpDown=http://downloadmirror.intel.com/4275/a08/PRO2KXP.exe&agr=&ProductID=407&DwnldId=4275&strOSs=&OSFullName=&lang=eng
 six years old I bet you have the ve

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2007, 05:40:18 PM »

downloaded and installed the drivers you linked, still no luck. Here's a screen shot.

http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=notworkinta2.jpg

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2007, 05:52:24 PM »

then the device has failed, goto step 2 get another card.

Et3rnal

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2007, 06:20:10 PM »

hey was up to all you of you mafias, ive been playing on -=3v0=- and mafia bf 1942 serveres for a while now im really good to, i really love mafia clan to,also sence im new to mafia forums i need help, how do i set my own summarys about me and how do i post on regular post boards. :confused:
in 2006 american's bought so many hot-dogs, that a whole line of hotdog's could circle the world.

*MAFIA* MAGGOT

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
  • OFWGKTADGAFLLBBLSBFBN
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2007, 06:23:15 PM »

hey was up to all you of you mafias, ive been playing on -=3v0=- and mafia bf 1942 serveres for a while now im really good to, i really love mafia clan to,also sence im new to mafia forums i need help, how do i set my own summarys about me and how do i post on regular post boards. :confused:
You're dutch aren't you?

"At some point in their lives, 1 in 6 children will be abducted by the dutch." ~The fact core, Portal 2.

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2007, 07:08:21 PM »

hijack someone else's thread, my problem is more important than yours. By the way, that isn't a question if you don't end it with a question mark.

Loaded

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2007, 08:27:08 PM »

Give us that CPU-Z screen you didn't post so we can see the chip on this board, pic below of mine, we need what is circled in red... Before we say the network controller is dead, lets make sure you have the right driver installed.

Just post that pic and I will look for the driver, don't tell me the one you tried I want to see if I pick the same one you did.

*MAFIA* Hellraiser

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/jeremy.miller.14855377?sk=wall
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2007, 08:29:45 PM »

Wouldn't it be funny if all that is wrong is he either didn't hook the cable up right or if the actual cable if bad.  ROFL!!!

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2007, 08:51:33 PM »

Give us that CPU-Z screen you didn't post so we can see the chip on this board, pic below of mine, we need what is circled in red... Before we say the network controller is dead, lets make sure you have the right driver installed.

Just post that pic and I will look for the driver, don't tell me the one you tried I want to see if I pick the same one you did.
here it be

http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mainboardjo3.jpg

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2007, 08:57:11 PM »

intel ve, however, this is wasser. Hes has the brains of a frog and the knowhow of hell. in lamens terms hes a complete retard... just get a cheap nic card and put it in, again that may be 5 pages to do, so pawpaw have fun...

Loaded

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2007, 05:28:23 AM »

Bone... That is so easy (um is it, lol) nic cards are just plug-n-play, but again this is a Dell  :'(

Wasser... This is our last chance, down load from here, read all instructions and install.

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2007, 06:07:57 PM »

zomg, thank you so much for your guys help! I'm actually TYPING THIS FROM THE BROKEN COMPUTER!!!

IT WORKS! I installed the drivers bonehead linked me to, thanks a bunch man, and thanks a bunch loaded for stickin through the whole way. Bone, eventhough you were cynical and made fun of me for being nibbish, you fixed it! Thanks ALL who contributed, now i need to buy them a new AGP vid card so the monitor isn't half green, lol.

Again, thanks a bunch champs

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 30 queries.