*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• April 28, 2024, 03:05:01 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Politicians law that hopefully comes into effect.  (Read 3181 times)

*MAFIA* Hellraiser

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/jeremy.miller.14855377?sk=wall
Politicians law that hopefully comes into effect.
« on: June 26, 2008, 12:29:01 PM »

So I was looking on Yahoo news and came across this.  It has got to be the best news, well if the law ever comes into effect.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080626/ap_on_go_su_co/scotus_child_rape;_ylt=AkAm.oUWS_avZkQpFy9cEa1vzwcF

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: Politicians law that hopefully comes into effect.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 12:41:55 PM »

isn't it more expensive to execute someone than to keep them imprisoned for life? besides, i think life inprisonment would be worse punishment, but that's just me.
What is the Alchole level pike at for you Duney.

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 12:44:53 PM »

i say death sentence for any crime you can be convicted of.

Loaded

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 12:52:17 PM »

Yep... It should be that way. IF they don't kill their victim, then they can walk sooner or later, but that victim lives a life of hell. No matter the age/outcome of victim/crime, a death sentence should be the punishment for such a crime to/on a minor.

Wass... I could see that being the case, cost more to execute, maybe... But if that asshole lives for another 30 years I just can't see it being cheaper to keep him (or her I guess) alive in jail, given them the needle has to be cheaper.

Sure you could say maybe the ass will get what he deserves in jail (gang raped, beat up, maybe killed), but I would think I person like that wouldn't mind that type of thing happening to them (well not the killed part). I just soon see them fry just to make sure their fucked upped DNA never gets out to another human. Kill the problem at the source.

*MAFIA* Dune Surfer

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 03:38:45 PM »

isn't it more expensive to execute someone than to keep them imprisoned for life? besides, i think life inprisonment would be worse punishment, but that's just me.
That may be true but if your gonna kill someone, just shoot them in the back of their head and have done with it. Public executions are a drawn out sick freak show in the west and a waste of money. Death by electricution, lethal injection, gas and hanging is just an expensive way to torture someone before they die at a un-necessary massive cost to the tax payer. Just shoot the fucks straight out. Using the electric chair/lethal injection is like getting NASA to construct a rocket and send the condemmed into space without an oxygen mask.

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 12:37:17 AM »

I wouldn't mind a torture type law.  Teach people the true pain that they have enslaved on a poor helpless child.  This world is so fucking ugly.

*MAFIA* KrautKiller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2008, 04:28:04 AM »

That may be true but if your gonna kill someone, just shoot them in the back of their head and have done with it. Public executions are a drawn out sick freak show in the west and a waste of money. Death by electricution, lethal injection, gas and hanging is just an expensive way to torture someone before they die at a un-necessary massive cost to the tax payer. Just shoot the fucks straight out. Using the electric chair/lethal injection is like getting NASA to construct a rocket and send the condemmed into space without an oxygen mask.

They say that is too inhumane, just like how pig/cattle slaughter houses are inhumane.

*MAFIA* MAGGOT

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
  • OFWGKTADGAFLLBBLSBFBN
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2008, 06:27:30 AM »

They say that is too inhumane, just like how pig/cattle slaughter houses are inhumane.

You never cease to amaze me.

If it were up to me after their first conviction they would be castrated then if they did it again off with their arms.

"At some point in their lives, 1 in 6 children will be abducted by the dutch." ~The fact core, Portal 2.

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2008, 07:49:28 AM »

The constitution is again't cruel and unusual punishment, that is what Kraut was saying.  He was relating it to how the animal rights people are against the way they kill cattle, just like he/we would be against torturing prisoners.  And yeah, if we clothe/feed/wash a prisoner for 30 years I don't see how that's less money than killing, but I don't know the exact numbers.

*MAFIA* Hellraiser

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/jeremy.miller.14855377?sk=wall
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2008, 07:52:03 AM »

This is what I found for Oregon.

3. Costs of Incarceration

On March 29, 2006 I consulted with Ms. Norma Land of the Public Affairs office of the Oregon Department of Corrections.   I asked her the question about costs of incarceration at OSP and whether they break out costs for different living situations of inmates--such as Intensive Management Unit (IMU) or Administrative Segregation (Ad Seg).   After checking with the "budget people," she called me back to say that they did not break out costs for various living arrangements of inmates. Average cost per day for an inmate (ADC) is $67.53.

How much, then, would it cost to "house" the defendant under the two scenarios submitted above?   Of course, that relates to how long a defendant will live and how long his death penalty appeals will take. 

We don't know how long the average inmate will live if he is "LWOPed," but the longest continuous time served in the OSP by any current inmate is 37 years.  This inmate, Jerry Brudos, died in the last two months, so it is unlikely that anyone else has served more than 35 consecutive years at the OSP. I am using a number of 40 years as an outer limit of years this defendant might live in OSP, though 30 years might be more accurate.   According to actuarial tables   widely available on the Net, a male born between 1960 and 1970 in America had a 66.9 year life expectancy at birth. [See http:/.www.efmoody.com/estate/lifeexpectancy.html, last visited April 18, 2006].   Defendant (Sebastian Shaw) is now 39 years old.

Housing an inmate for one year is 365 X $67.53, which equals $24,648.45.   in current dollars.   Forty years would cost $985,938.00, in current dollars. Thirty years results in a cost of $739,435.50

How about for a person sentenced to death?   The Oregon Death Penalty Statute has been in place now for almost 22 years.   To date we have executed two men under the statute (1996 and 1997), but both men waived their appeals beyond the mandatory direct appeal to the Oregon Supreme Court, and so their cases are inapposite. No one has yet been executed who has pursued his options fully. What we know is that at least 6 of the men on Death Row committed crimes that are 17 years old or more, and none of them might reasonably be executed in the next 10 years.   Some of them, such as   Guzek and Rogers, will probably not be executed until around 35-40 years after the crime, if not longer.   However, the more recent death penalty cases seem to be moving more quickly, and it may be the case that executions in the future will happen within 20 years of crime.   It simply is too early to tell.

Thus, for calculation purposes, a very conservative number of how many years a person will be housed in prison (both county, through trial and OSP) will be 20 years.   A more realistic number would be between 22 and 25 years.   If we did the math for these we would have the following:

If execution took place after 20 years, the costs for housing would be approximately $492,968 in current dollars.   If we used a figure of 25 years, the cost of housing would be approximately $616,208.   Thus, depending on which estimate we take, and assuming the inmate would live 40 years at OSP, the "savings" so far by executing a person are either:   $492,969 (if 20 years) or $369,730 (if 25 years). If we take the more likely time spent at OSP as 30 years before death (not execution), the "savings" to execute a person are negligble. But then we have to consider the range of appeals open to a person sentenced to death, and the picture changes dramatically.

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2008, 07:56:02 AM »

I read it twice and didn't see where it costs to execute them, I just saw the "savings."  It looks like they give you every appeal you want and a long time before they even do anything.  Unless you don't care to appeal and just want to get it over with (only 2 people chose that route).  Tim McVeigh didn't wait that long though.

*MAFIA* MAGGOT

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
  • OFWGKTADGAFLLBBLSBFBN
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2008, 08:48:27 AM »

The constitution is again't cruel and unusual punishment, that is what Kraut was saying.

Which is one of the things I don't understand about this country,people kill their whole families,rape and torture children then THEY expect THEIR rights to not be violated by cruel or inhumane punishment? I see how he is comparing them now though (when I read it earlier I was half asleep).

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 30 queries.