*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• April 19, 2024, 03:00:10 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Jesus is a fictional character  (Read 9188 times)

*MAFIA* Dune Surfer

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Jesus is a fictional character
« on: August 24, 2009, 04:26:50 AM »

Discuss...

*MAFIA* Dune Surfer

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: Jesus is a fictional character
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 05:14:34 AM »

state your basis for this statement...
Evidence or more accurately the lack of

King Banana

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 06:02:36 AM »

im catholic so im gona have to say no....
however i can compramise
santa is fictional as hell

*MAFIA* Balthazar

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 07:50:51 AM »

Not this old chestnut again...

*MAFIA* BassSlappa

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
  • Music Keeps me Going
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 03:32:25 PM »

if you think about it everyone knows santa, a fictional character who gives presents to children, is fake, but christians are willing go to great lengths to prove that moses could split the sea and jesus could make wine turn into water and blah blah blah.  i'd say there is about equal evidence for both.

Waffleboy

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 03:55:03 PM »

Let me ask you, where did the first spot of matter come from for the Big Bang? (I'll assume you believe in it).  Was it just always there?  How is that having less faith than believing in a God, especially when it seems to contradict the laws of science (Namely the law of conservation of mass/energy).  Mass/Energy cannot be created or destroyed, so how would some come to be?

*MAFIA* BassSlappa

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
  • Music Keeps me Going
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 04:02:40 PM »

oh god, waffleboy has joined the discussion now lol.

Waffleboy

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 04:25:43 PM »

^Lol maybe i'll copy that whole post and paste it.

*MAFIA* Meeester

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 04:32:22 PM »

FYI, The "Big Bang" theory was changed to the "Big BOUNCE" theory some time ago.

MeZmoriZe

• Forum Member
  • The Emo Wonder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2009, 04:49:20 PM »

FYI, The "Big Bang" theory was changed to the "Big BOUNCE" theory some time ago.
"Big Boob" theory?  Yes, plz.

*MAFIA* Dune Surfer

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2009, 05:36:54 PM »

Let me ask you, where did the first spot of matter come from for the Big Bang? (I'll assume you believe in it).  Was it just always there?  How is that having less faith than believing in a God
God and Jesus are two different arguments but I have to say I don't believe in God either.
If you relate God to the big bang your associating the creation of a whole universe, billions of suns and stars over Trillions of years with just one entity who decided out of the blue to spawn some hippy who thought he could save the world who supposedly lived just 2000 years ago called Jesus conveniently just on our planet.
   I can't explain the beginnings of the universe but I think it would be kinda arrogant and naieve considering the size and diversity of the universe to assume it was created by one white bearded, cloak wearing old man who sent his only son into a world of pain to teach us humanity.
   Even if the story of Jesus was true its completely outdated and un-comparable to the genocides, tortures and atrosities that happen all the time in this day an age. They say Jesus died for our sins, well 100's of thousands of people die every week in much worse surcumstances.

Dymdez

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2009, 06:42:26 PM »

Might need just a brush up on the spelling there Dune...However I strongly side with you. And rather than type a whole paragraph, it's as simple as, where is the proof of Jesus? Or of God?

*MAFIA* KrautKiller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2009, 07:24:50 PM »

Our "God" could be an alien from another galaxy, and that could be why we haven't seen god since its mentioning in the bible. He could have died ages ago.

Jesus could have been half alien, allowing him powers listed in the bible. The staff moses had, could have been given to him by the "god".

It sounds stupid, but there's an entire universe full of planets that could host smarter beings.

*MAFIA* NiTrO

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2009, 07:42:53 PM »

God left along time ago..........i f god listend to prayers then why the fuck allow hunger, disease, murder.and the worst of all...allow a baby to breath air then take its life with cancer....fail .religion is what u want to believe who is to say that some nigger didnt start a Random story and called it a religion and morons followed making it as strong as it is...
i say Their is a superior being but its just not who we were told it is.......with that said judge me or dispute it as we all do....but how many of u truly believe Jesus looked like a homo and god is a light up above....

FAIL

religion is what u want i think it is all
FAKE BS
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 07:51:36 PM by *MAFIA* NiTrO »

Waffleboy

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2009, 02:45:04 AM »

Might need just a brush up on the spelling there Dune...However I strongly side with you. And rather than type a whole paragraph, it's as simple as, where is the proof of Jesus? Or of God?

That's my point exactly, you ask that, but what do you believe in (as in creation of the universe and life)?  Where is the undeniable proof of it?  Prove right now that you are not in a dream and that everybody else in the universe isn't made up by your mind.  Impossible, isn't it?  It's the same kind of question people ask religious people, but they don't accept that there may not be an answer.

Dune Surfer, when you say many people since then have died, you're missing the central point in christian theology that Jesus lived without sin, that's why his death carried power.

Nitro & dune, another main point of Christian theology is that we live in a fallen world.  God gives us the choice to choose evil, and we all do, which leads to the pain, chaos, genocide, etc. etc. 

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 30 queries.