*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• April 16, 2024, 03:15:22 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: New Car  (Read 5620 times)

*MAFIA* Dune Surfer

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: New Car
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 06:23:14 PM »

I'd go with link 2 or link 5, based on mileage.

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 08:21:59 PM »

Why does Link 1 use diesel?

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 11:52:23 PM »

Why does Link 1 use diesel?
Because it's a diesel car.

Dune, I've got the exact same year/color/model of that VW GTI except mine is a 1.8liter instead of 2.0liter (they don't offer a 2.0 here to my knowledge) and it's on 250,000 miles as of today. So...they last a good while, and i paid a bit more than the one in your link. Keep in mind, the gas mileage isn't that great on that year GTI either (they changed the motor specs in '02 or '03 i believe, the '00 has the least fuel economy of them all).

That being said, i'd probably go for this one because there's almost no mileage on it...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201103377614622/sort/priceasc/usedcars/price-to/2000/price-from/1000/page/4/quicksearch/true/postcode/ls61as/radius/10?logcode=p

or the Diesel renault because it would get epic gas mileage, while sacrificing power.

EDIT: nevermind about the VW in the link you provided, it gets decent mileage. They must have different engine specs or the person listed it incorrectly, the horsepower/torque specs shown are definitely not for a GTI, looks like it's just a regular Golf.
What is the Alchole level pike at for you Duney.

Head Hunter

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 12:05:46 AM »

I'd go with car number five: Least mileage and bottom of your price range.

Loaded

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 06:47:08 AM »

Get what ever one you like, as long as it is a diesel... Do not worry about the mileage on any diesel under 100,000 miles. You will be much better in the long run with a diesel car. Alot of people don't understand or take into account the the "less" maintenance that is needed on a diesel engine, with a diesel, change the oil and filter (most times oil change time is 2x longer then gas), change air and fuel filters when needed (when told to in the manual, not when you feel like it) and that is it, as long as the body/suspension holds up the care will last almost for ever, hell you don't even have to worry about coolant hoses on a diesel like you do a gas, way less heat under the hood to break down the upper of the hoses... Another thing when looking at what car with a diesel, don't worry about horse power, torque is what matters, torque is what gets you moving, HP is what makes you go "Faster" on the top end.

FYI... When you go to look at this diesel and pull the oil dipstick, the oil will look like crap, even if they said they just changed it, no worries, that is how it should look, you want it to drip off the stick, not stick there on it, if it sticks, then the oil has not been changed when it should have been (engine full of shit, for lack of a better word), if that is the case pass on that car and and go look at another... Oil is the "cleaning" fluid of a diesel and it gets full of carbon, that is why most have a bigger oil filters then gas or some even have 2 oil filters and most take a few more qts of oil in the pan (example, same car, 4qts gas, 6qts diesel).

*MAFIA* Dilly

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
  • If You're 555 Then I'm 666
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 01:40:18 PM »

Go for the Clio sport or the Golf.

ßlackOut

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 12:46:16 PM »

Go for the Golf, you dont wanna look like a twat now do you dune?

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2011, 10:29:58 PM »

LOLS at british people words, they always make me laugh

*MAFIA* Dune Surfer

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 04:48:37 AM »

Apparently 206's are notoriously bad for things going wrong with them so I've scrapped that Idea and am going for the Golf. Not that model though the insurance is too high. I'm gonna get Wassers 1.8 version. Direct Line insurance said £75 a month which goes down to £60 in july cos of 3 years no claims, of course I had to tell them I was living at my parents address and my occupation was a web designer. Well here's the car I'm planning on buying: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201044372219083/sort/priceasc/usedcars/transmission/manual/fuel-type/petrol/price-to/2000/price-from/500/model/golf/make/volkswagen/postcode/ls61as/radius/30/page/3?logcode=p I might have to buy a new plate though cos LAM is too close to LAME. I was thinking of getting a peronalised number plate with BAD or AD in it: http://www.nationalnumbers.co.uk/?cont=search_results_overview_manual&search_key=bad but they are very expensive IE: 2 BAD is £130000

Loaded

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2011, 09:27:39 AM »

150,000 miles on gas, right back where you started, good luck with that, should have went with diesel. AND you have a clutch to worry about on a front wheel drive car, not sure what it cost there, but replacing a clutch on a FWD is a min of $1,000 (sub frame needs to be dropped from the car to get to the trans)... But what the hell you have a sunroof, so it should all be worth it. :spank:

*MAFIA* Dune Surfer

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2011, 10:34:21 AM »

150,000 miles on gas, right back where you started, good luck with that, should have went with diesel. AND you have a clutch to worry about on a front wheel drive car, not sure what it cost there, but replacing a clutch on a FWD is a min of $1,000 (sub frame needs to be dropped from the car to get to the trans)... But what the hell you have a sunroof, so it should all be worth it. :spank:
I've changed my mind again. The insurance company ran the plate and it came up as a gti turbo even though it doesn't say so in the advert so the insurance is alot more. I had a look at a diesel: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201051375818320/sort/priceasc/usedcars/price-to/3000/price-from/2000/model/golf/make/volkswagen/quicksearch/true/postcode/ls61as/page/1/radius/10?logcode=p but the insurance was even more cos its 1.9 even though its less bhp than the 1.8. I've had to replace the clutch twice on the car I'm driving and it hasn't cost me more than £130 each time. I have a few good friends who are mechanics, I buy a clutch for £30 and they fit it for £100 but it is a long job and you have to remove the front axel to get in there.
I think I'm gonna go for a gti turbo now because my insurance quote wasn't too bad but something a little newer and in better condition lke this: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201102377205393/sort/priceasc/usedcars/maximum-mileage/over_100000_miles/maximum-age/over_10_years_old/colour/silver/body-type/hatchback/price-to/3000/price-from/2000/model/golf/make/volkswagen/page/1/postcode/ls61as/radius/30?logcode=p

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2011, 12:05:56 AM »

I have that exact same car, over 250,000 on it so far. When i have to replace the clutch i'll let you know how much it is, but i got lucky and the previous owner replaced almost the entire front end, runs/handles great.

@Dune,

Go for the TDI. Those things are bulletproof, you're lucky they offer those where you're at. Can't get a lot of the TDI v-dubs in the US, only the golf wagon and the jetta as far as I know. Insurance shouldn't cost that much, mine is 82$ per month for the 1.8Turbo yours shouldn't be over that.

*MAFIA* Hellraiser

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/jeremy.miller.14855377?sk=wall
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2011, 05:10:57 AM »

Go for the TDI. Those things are bulletproof, you're lucky they offer those where you're at. Can't get a lot of the TDI v-dubs in the US, only the golf wagon and the jetta as far as I know. Insurance shouldn't cost that much, mine is 82$ per month for the 1.8Turbo yours shouldn't be over that.
  My girlfriend had an 05 TDI and loved it.  She has recently upgraded to the 2010 and it gets ok mileage, the engine needs to get broken in.  Great cars though. 

*MAFIA* Manowar

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
  • Hail and Kill
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2011, 06:37:28 AM »

I know an ex Mafian that has an MG 2010 STD and even let his friends have it to.  He did have problems with a soft clutch though.    :zomg:    :lube:    :spank:

Ultimate embarrassment, running into a wall with a boner and breaking your nose first.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 30 queries.