*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• April 26, 2024, 08:02:35 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: FUCK  (Read 2565 times)

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
FUCK
« on: February 02, 2011, 12:09:11 PM »

Welp, I turned my computer on today and no monitor or anything and continuos long beeps. So I looked it up and it seems my cpu is fried... Piss out my ass... Anyways, since I am in no financial position to buy a new CPU, nor do I have the time really, it looks like I will only be joining you fellas on the forums once again.

Also, I JUST yesterday bought a new copy of BF2 via Newegg and it should arrive here shortly, so if anyone wants to buy a new BF2 key hit me up.

*MAFIA* Malbert

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: FUCK
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 08:56:01 PM »

If you have some time then open it up, that is the tower and clean off dust; this happened to one of my old desktops, which actually works a little. It is fried but it was used a lot and it cooled down, turned it on in a few days and it worked, but I needed to have the windows CD in it for windows to load up as well but once it loaded up I could take cd out and put another cd in, like a game. Don't know if that was another problem or what, but I remember opening it up and cleaning it one time and I definately remember it beeping like that once with no monitor or anything. I'm not sure if I sent it to a friend or just opened it up cleaned it and gave it a days rest. This was a windows 98; I also opened it up and put a new CD drive in it, think that was a different problem as well though. But if you do get to open it up and vacuum it and clean it, since you say your not gonna do anything else with it, if it does come back on after you give it a days rest, I would suggest blowing a fan onto the vents when you run the computer. GL hope to see you on vent with a fixed computer.

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 10:06:53 PM »

Not sure if this would act the same for a CPU, but when I was installing my second 8800, I had forgotten to attach one of the PSU's wires to it which lead to a long continuous beeping noise. Try seeing if all the wires are in place and do what Malbert said and dust it off, as it might not be reading its input.

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 11:29:58 PM »

Scroll down and look at the beep codes.

http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 09:52:36 AM »

Scroll down and look at the beep codes.

http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm
Cool ill try this when I get home. It looks like it could be a ram problem (which would be awesome cause I needed more ram anyway). But thing is, I had a big comforter under my desk cause my house heater went out so after reading about it a little, I figured I probably over-heated it because the blanket was covering the fan hole. I no I is dumm...

EDIT... I listened to the beeps again and it goes: Long beep (more than a sec long), then a pause of 3 sec, then repeat. Also it doesn't stop beeping. I left it on for about 2 min and it continued to do the exact same beep over and over.

So I narrowed it down to "1 short - DRAM refresh failure" after also looking in my motherboard manual which says: "Continuous long beeps: DRAM error"

SI will clean out my computer today and see if it will start up... IF not, do you guys think I need new RAM?

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 05:47:54 PM »

Update...

Cleaned the shit out of it then turned it back on and it started right up! Woot. I am still considering getting new ram tho. How does this look: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231039    ???

*MAFIA* Malbert

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 08:47:17 AM »

Nice all you need is a little dusting sometimes and your good to go, see you on bf2. Never heard of Gskill, but 2 gb is 2 gb.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 30 queries.