*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• April 20, 2024, 06:20:04 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: shopping list  (Read 10978 times)

*MAFIA* Meeester

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: shopping list
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2011, 06:34:39 PM »

I still prefer the CoolerMaster HAF 932 with 10 fans on it. Loud as hell but gets the job done with a good lightshow.

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2011, 06:39:12 PM »

I still prefer the CoolerMaster HAF 932 with 10 fans on it.

Fuck you and your case.

Loud as hell but gets the job done with a good lightshow.

*MAFIA* Meeester

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2011, 06:52:03 PM »

Can't hear you over my overpriced rig and it's glowing fans. :danceroll:

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2011, 08:56:39 PM »

Woot, thats the mouse I have. It's probably worth more than my computer.

Waffleboy

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2011, 05:36:30 PM »

Good build Scooby.  The only thing I might do would be to bump up the GPU to something more like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102921  It's not much more expensive and should give him a decent boost in performance.  AMD did something really weird and shifted all their numbers up, so the *850/*870 are now the lower end enthusiast cards (equivalent to the 5770) and the 6950 is now around equivalent to what the 5870 was (if I recall correctly).  He could always go xfire later, but single cards are a lot easier to deal with (I don't know about the 6000 series, but I know ATI/AMD had a lot of trouble with drivers and microstutterin g with multiple GPUs in the 5000 series).

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2011, 10:13:57 AM »

The wishlist became public so now you can click on it and see the reviews.

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=20068047

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2011, 02:26:32 PM »

you guys may already know about this site but i stumbled upon it and thought it was pretty sweet, takes low prices from all different websites and compiles the cheapest price listings out there.

http://pcpartpicker.com/
What is the Alchole level pike at for you Duney.

*MAFIA* Dempy

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
  • COPPERBOLLOCKS
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2011, 10:56:30 AM »

i was taking a look in the pc pro mag and found i very nice bundle and was wondering what you guys think of  it
http://www.chillblast.com/pconf.php?productid=19829
Defenders may not have air bags but, truth be told, you don't hit things in a Defender you go through them!

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2011, 10:15:37 PM »

Holy shit, that's more than twice that amount of the system I built for you and the bundle also has worse products. I didn't just put together random shit from the internet. I know about these products and which ones are good and not.

IPS monitors are pretty expensive and they are used in cases where you do a lot of high level Photoshop or media work. Just stick with a regular TN panel and you'll be fine.

One 6850 video card is not going to run games on 3 monitors smoothly. You'll be playing with all the fancy features off to even get a decent framerate.

Pretty much everything on that configuration list is overpriced. They don't even offer good models for a lot of the products.

*MAFIA* Dempy

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
  • COPPERBOLLOCKS
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2011, 03:06:54 PM »

erm scoobz will the machine that you made up run them monitors ok as i really love them i like the idea of trip monitors cheers
as im making my final decision on what im going to buy during the coarse of this week coming

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2011, 03:45:54 PM »

erm scoobz will the machine that you made up run them monitors ok as i really love them i like the idea of trip monitors cheers
as im making my final decision on what im going to buy during the coarse of this week coming

If you want triple monitors then you're going to need some beefy video cards. Check out this graph. If you think the FPS is "low", keep in mind that the test is run at 8xAA, which is REALLY demanding on the graphics card and it's running at a resolution of 5760x1200. This graph is for BF BC2.

For the CPU, you should consider an i7 2600K which is part of the new Sandy Bridge lineup and are pretty damn fast chips.

Go through these pages to see how those cards compare on all the latest gen games.
http://www.guru3d.com/article/triple-monitor-gaming-on-geforce-gtx-590-and-radeon-6990/6

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2011, 03:50:14 PM »

Also doing SLI or Crossfire on the video cards that you see in the graph is NOT a good idea. Those cards already have 2 GPU's internally bridged, so it's like they took 2 separate cards and squished it into 1 card. If you do SLI or Crossfire, that's a total of 4 GPU's. It sounds awesome but most games are not designed to handle that much power and you'll actually get LOWER FPS because it doesn't know how to use that 3rd or 4th GPU sometimes.

I'll go over with you on this stuff on Vent sometime. Don't buy anything without researching the positives and negatives. You could end up paying a lot of money for something that could be bad, like what I said above.

Page created in 0.549 seconds with 30 queries.