*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• April 19, 2024, 03:39:29 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Android Rooting  (Read 2744 times)

Head Hunter

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Android Rooting
« on: August 15, 2011, 01:23:56 PM »

I have a 2 year contract with Verizon for my DROID X and I'm debating on whether or not to root it. I don't really want to root it so early in the contract and void my warranty unless there is a way to reverse it. Do any of you have any experience in this sort of thing? Should I just do it now or wait a while? The last thing I want to do is root it, break it, then pay $800 for a new one.

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: Android Rooting
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 03:13:02 PM »

You can unroot the phone if you want to.

By rooting it, you're basically going against their backs (Verizon) and owing your loyalty to another version/group, while still pretending to be with the original group (Verizon).

But hey, this should be no problem for you since you already have experience in this kind of treasonous behavior.

Head Hunter

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 06:16:20 PM »

Very funny. Is it worth the risks?

Loaded

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 08:02:14 AM »

You have a 1 year warranty, after that, root the phone because it wont matter anymore. Rooting the phone really doesn't give you that much, just gets rid of any bloatware that Ver might have installed, adding a new OS (gingerbread) faster OR if you want to use the phone with another carrier. So is it worth it, IMO, no and this coming from someone that is with the biggest bloatware company of all time ATT.

*MAFIA* NiTrO

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 04:41:16 PM »

rooting is NO different than jailbreaking an Isheep device... it will allow u to force updates of OS's and side load applications, and custom roms and kernels and everything. my SGS captivate is basically not even the same phone because of rooting, my cpu is clocked at 1.9GHZ from factory 1.0... battery is insane with the custom kernal JK4 modem, its running a custom rom basically the same as honeycomb, and its completely themed and has a whole different launcher...its ridiculous what ROOTING can do...and the droid X ...1 gen is a nasty ass phone rooted and rigged up...wow...so its completely worth the shot as long as u can follow steps..

Head Hunter

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 10:56:41 AM »

Rooting took ~3 minutes. Overclocked to 1.4ghz to keep it stable for now. Might shoot for 2ghz for small amounts of time. No custom rom or kernel yet until I really learn how to do it. Im happy with it as is so i'll try not to brick it.

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 30 queries.