*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• March 29, 2024, 01:22:13 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Help with BF2 Demo!  (Read 3722 times)

StEwIe_GrIfFiN

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Help with BF2 Demo!
« on: June 12, 2005, 07:32:47 PM »

for some reason everytime i try to make an account so i can play online it says "You have failed to connect. Please reconnect your network connection(s) and try again." and i have checked my internet countless times, i am also able to be here online so my internet is working fine. but for some reason the demo can't find my internet.

any suggestions would be very helpful. thanks.

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Help with BF2 Demo!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 07:59:33 PM »

Its not a suggestion, but you're the 4th person I've heard from that has had problems with it.  Maybe there's a bad place you're downloading it from or something.  I'm just going to wait 2 more weeks for the REAL thing to come out.

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
Help with BF2 Demo!
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005, 08:07:10 PM »

I have weird things from the demo also so im gonna wait to.

Ins4n3

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Help with BF2 Demo!
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 02:55:31 AM »

Well from what I have heard Stewie, the demo is very picky and doesn't like older systems. If you can, I suggest you just wait the week or so for the full game as the others have suggested. Either that or download it again and reinstall it.

Also, do you have a firewall/router that could possibly be blocking ports that it needs? Thats what it sounds like it might be doing to me.

Loaded

Help with BF2 Demo!
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2005, 07:37:19 AM »

Well after 30 hours of DL time, I have played it. NOT on the net, I haven't tried, been playing SP to see what it's all about and there is NO option for me to click (56k or "WOW" no DSL).

Anyhow I have everything set on Med and have no problem is SP. SO far I like it, BUT I HATE that BFV sky, that just sucks when you are flying. I don't know if it is me or not, but I still feel allot of BFV in this game (for me that's not good, I hate BFV).

StEwIe if you want my hardware specs I'll give them to you.

Ins4n3

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Help with BF2 Demo!
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2005, 08:44:23 AM »

BFV sky? What do you mean?

As for it being like BFV all I have noticed that resembles BFV is the helicopters, but they are still drastically better than those in BFV imo. I personally love it, and the only complaint I have (which is purely cosmetic) is that they could have improved the ragdoll physics a bit. Other than that I love it.

StEwIe_GrIfFiN

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Help with BF2 Demo!
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2005, 09:18:40 AM »

ya i guess ill stick with SP, and ill wait to go online with the real BF2. so far the SP for me is great except i have to run it on the lowest resolution or it will be all laggy and thats where my new video card comes in, and im going to go with Nvidia 6600 or 6800, depends on how much i can save, so i hope i get my new job at Sonic so i can get the best one and also a paintball gun. that would work perfectally. but thanks for helping y'all

Loaded

Help with BF2 Demo!
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2005, 09:28:50 AM »

Ins4n3...

About the sky… I guess the best way to say it is with a pic…

That line on the ground just pisses me off for some reason (the line from left to right hitting the building). Like in BF42 that line isn’t there. In other words to get a good view of the map ahead of you, you must be low to the ground. I am not sure if I am making since or not.

(by the way in case other don’t know, your BF2 screen shots are in your “My Documents” folder, they are now in “jpeg and Png”)

Ins4n3

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Help with BF2 Demo!
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2005, 10:18:12 AM »

Oh that. Well yeah thats kind of dumb, but if they made the game render any farther you would need a damn government system to even run it.

*MAFIA* masebot1

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • Mason's art site
Help with BF2 Demo!
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2005, 04:03:07 PM »

BVf 1942 will still be better unleess on the bf2 they make nazi to kill

Ins4n3

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Help with BF2 Demo!
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2005, 04:14:08 PM »

Mmmm spam. I smell some posting bannage.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 31 queries.