*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• April 27, 2024, 08:22:53 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Color Tweaker  (Read 2464 times)

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Color Tweaker
« on: October 05, 2012, 12:16:12 PM »

This looks cool, but just try it on non-PB servers in case you get kicked/banned.

Program:  http://bf3.realmware.co.uk/colour-tweaker/

Video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJU-JKFPsTo

*MAFIA* Meeester

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: Color Tweaker
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 12:38:10 PM »

I heard about the "blue haze" on everything when I was glancing at the battlelog forums. Everyone there insisted that this was in place to mask the video/graphics difference on consoles.

Wonder if Dice has said anything about it.

*MAFIA* Scooby

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: Color Tweaker
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 02:00:45 PM »

This looks cool, but just try it on non-PB servers in case you get kicked/banned.

This is from the description in the video:

There seems to be a lot of confusion regarding whether or not this mod is safe. Many appear to be under the impression that people have been banned for this - this is NOT the case.

At the current time, there have been zero legitimate reports of bans or even kicks for this. Modding the game files with Frankelstner's tool (something different) can get players kicked for "MD5Tool Mismatch"; this is something manually set up by server administrators, and DOES NOT happen with our own tool.

DICE has not yet made any official announcement regarding Battlefield 3 mods. The comments that people have been discussing have indeed come from a DICE employee, but on his own personal Twitter account where he can post his own thoughts and opinions. To clarify, he said that players *could* get permanently banned for modifying the game files. He didn't say that anyone is already getting banned, and he didn't guarantee that people would get banned. Interestingly, he has deleted his comments from his Twitter page.

I have been contacted by a GGC head admin about my tool. GGC is an anti-cheat system used by many game servers. I don't want to go into all the details, but he has informed me that GGC will not punish for the colour tweaks made by BF3 Colour Tweaker.

Finally, some people have attacked me for not including a warning that this could get players banned. As discussed above, it currently doesn't get players banned, but even so there HAVE been warnings from the start. The program we developed has a giant warning message displayed on the first run that is impossible to miss.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 31 queries.