*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• June 16, 2024, 09:56:46 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: My Essay.  (Read 3235 times)

Partyboy

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
My Essay.
« on: November 15, 2006, 11:18:43 AM »

So i had a big essay Yesterday in class. 2 Hour test. Well are teacher walks in puts a chair on the table and said "tell me how this chair does not exist." Since I'm so luckily to see *MAFIA* as a model. I put on my paper "What Chair?" and handed my paper in. I got an F.

Hallander

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
My Essay.
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 11:24:30 AM »

I cant see how they could of told you to do that within two hours.

Oh well... you did the right thing.

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
My Essay.
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 12:57:12 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Partyboy
So i had a big essay Yesterday in class. 2 Hour test. Well are teacher walks in puts a chair on the table and said "tell me how this chair does not exist." Since I'm so luckily to see *MAFIA* as a model. I put on my paper "What Chair?" and handed my paper in. I got an F.

Ha, it was clever thinking, but apparently not the answer he was looking for.  What do you mean you're lucky to see *MAFIA* as a model?  And what class was that...

Partyboy

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
My Essay.
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 01:02:02 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Beetlejuice
Ha, it was clever thinking, but apparently not the answer he was looking for.  What do you mean you're lucky to see *MAFIA* as a model?  And what class was that...

I meant to put romodel or whatever. I meant that in a joke way meaning how i think most *MAFIA* people would put something similar or a big F you on it. English.

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
My Essay.
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 01:07:20 PM »

Did you think you were going to make a good grade?  Obviously if he was giving you 2 hours on it, he wanted more than one sentence.  What have you guys been learingin in class?  Maybe he was just looking for a logical answer, with correct grammar/spelling/capitalization/punctuation.  Was there a "right" answer or was it objective?  This is funny.  I hope you get to redo it or something.

Partyboy

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
My Essay.
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 01:11:28 PM »

Yeah we get retakes. for 10% off. but haha i dont care i thought it was funny.
I didnt think i would get an F i thought a C. but i just like being an ass.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 01:26:01 PM by *MAFIA* Partyboy »

*MAFIA* Phantom

My Essay.
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 01:45:58 PM »

what class is it...philosoph y?

that's a pretty fucking stupid question that your teacher would ask by the way.
By doesn't, does he mean that the chair does not exist (meaning that it is nonexistent), or does he mean that it does exist but uses the words "does not" to overemphasize the existence.

I'm assuming by your answer that he means the chair is nonexistent, so i would argue that it is because there is no way to prove that it isn't.

I like your answer by the way, denying the chair as you did is probably the best way to tell and show that there is no chair.  tell your teacher to go fuck himself.

*MAFIA* Balthazar

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
My Essay.
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2006, 01:53:46 PM »

Context aside you might want to ask what your teachers intrepretation of existance is. Is it that they cannot dissprove it's existence? Is it one or more individuals agreeing that it exist, e.t.c

"If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain."      -Morpheus

MeZmoriZe

• Forum Member
  • The Emo Wonder
    • View Profile
My Essay.
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2006, 02:15:04 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Beetlejuice
What have you guys been [COLOR="Red"]learingin[/COLOR] in class?  Maybe he was just looking for a logical answer, with correct [COLOR="Red"]grammar/spelling[/COLOR]/capitalization/punctuation.

*giggles* Oh, the irony. :P

Partyboy, you can't really take stories from the internet, put them in real-life perspective, and expect them to work...honestl y
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 04:03:13 PM by *MAFIA* Beetlejuice »

Partyboy

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
My Essay.
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 02:42:12 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Phantom
what class is it...philosoph y?

that's a pretty fucking stupid question that your teacher would ask by the way.
By doesn't, does he mean that the chair does not exist (meaning that it is nonexistent), or does he mean that it does exist but uses the words "does not" to overemphasize the existence.

I'm assuming by your answer that he means the chair is nonexistent, so i would argue that it is because there is no way to prove that it isn't.

I like your answer by the way, denying the chair as you did is probably the best way to tell and show that there is no chair.  tell your teacher to go fuck himself.

Im not really sure i think what you said. Maybe something like "chair" does not exist but what it represents does. I think he might tell us.

Quote from: *MAFIA* Balthazar
Context aside you might want to ask what your teachers intrepretation of existance is. Is it that they cannot dissprove it's existence? Is it one or more individuals agreeing that it exist, e.t.c

"If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain." -Morpheus

yeah ill ask.

Quote from:

Partyboy, you can't really take stories from the internet, put them in real-life perspective, and expect them to work...honestl y

Okay then find it on the internet and tell me.

But anyways, I think he was directing it more to that way. Im not really sure, but maybe its more of an opinion. Sort of like there is no wrong answer. But i think it might of been spelling and grammar stuff. I dont really care its not to big of a essay we get them all the time. He just likes to tease the mind. Oh and if your wondering y it was so long. It was really only 1:30 mins. But if you didnt finish you stayed in for your lunch to finish. So if you didnt finish in 1 hour you had to stay for lunch. I shouldnt of said that it was a big essay because its not. Its only worth 25 points. Which will barley effect your grade.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 02:56:39 PM by *MAFIA* Partyboy »

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
My Essay.
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2006, 04:04:48 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* MeZmoriZe

Oh, it was a typo.  That's not ironic.  I know you're not stupid, so hopefully you have enough sense to know that I just made a mistake and didn't take time to spell check.  I didn't know my "in" was at the end of the word because I forgot to space (or missed it, I forget) so I typed it again and kept going.  Anyway, the correct spelling is "learning" - but if that made you giggle then I guess it was worth it.

*MAFIA* Phantom

My Essay.
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2006, 04:21:11 PM »

my best advice party is don't listen to him, lots of teachers try to influence their own dogmatic views on students.

if you ever take a philosophy class you go over things such as your "chair" concept and you make the decisions in your own life.

*MAFIA* Dune Surfer

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
My Essay.
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2006, 04:50:56 PM »

Did you sit there for 2 hours finger drumming the table Party? You must of known something didn't seem quite right.
That question interests me though.
I'd say a chair is as much a chair as carbon atoms is a human, and the term chair is just a constructed name to describe rearanged elements of a tree. And theres the Obvious, this chair does not exist if there was no tree, and no wood. Which coulden't exist if there was no water, no sun or the trees that died before it. Also you could say in the past it doesn't exist or in the distant future it doesn't exist.

I got it..the chair doesn't exist because at the point that heap of wood is on the desk it no longer performs the function of a chair, therfore isn't a chair for as long as its on the desk.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 05:05:05 PM by *MAFIA* Dune Surfer »

MeZmoriZe

• Forum Member
  • The Emo Wonder
    • View Profile
My Essay.
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2006, 08:27:03 PM »

I'm pretty sure this is where you got the answer you put down.

A philosophy professor walks in to give his class their final. Placing his chair on his desk the professor instructs the class, "Using every applicable thing you've learned in this course, prove to me that this chair DOES NOT EXIST."

So, pencils are writing and erasers are erasing, students are preparing to embark on novels proving that this chair doesn't exist, except for one student. He spends thirty seconds writing his answer, then turns his final in to the astonishment of his peers.

Time goes by, and the day comes when all the students get their final grades ... and to the amazment of the class, the student who wrote for thirty seconds gets the highest grade in the class.

His answer to the question: "What chair?"

Partyboy

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
My Essay.
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2006, 06:42:16 AM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* MeZmoriZe
I'm pretty sure this is where you got the answer you put down.

A philosophy professor walks in to give his class their final. Placing his chair on his desk the professor instructs the class, "Using every applicable thing you've learned in this course, prove to me that this chair DOES NOT EXIST."

So, pencils are writing and erasers are erasing, students are preparing to embark on novels proving that this chair doesn't exist, except for one student. He spends thirty seconds writing his answer, then turns his final in to the astonishment of his peers.

Time goes by, and the day comes when all the students get their final grades ... and to the amazment of the class, the student who wrote for thirty seconds gets the highest grade in the class.

His answer to the question: "What chair?"

Maybe my teacher got it from there im not sure. Wheres a link? That could of been a reason to why i got an F.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 24 queries.