*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• April 28, 2024, 07:52:17 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Speakers  (Read 1374 times)

Boemann (nl)

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Speakers
« on: June 20, 2007, 02:29:06 AM »

Woot, testweek is almost over, one more day and I will finally have vacation and hopefully be more active than past weeks.
As sort of a present for myself for the vacation I want to buy a new speaker system for my pc. Now my room is only 4 by 3 meters so its a little room, and another thing I need to mention is that my desk is put away somewhere in a corner (I'll just attach a 3ds max render I made lol so you guys can see it better).

Now I have 2 options..   a 2.1 system or a 5.1 system.
A lot of you probebly think that wow 5.1 ! you should go for that. But there are a few things that need to be kept in mind. First off all is the position of my desk, it makes it kinda useless  to have a 5.1 system. Second, I have no idea where to place the back speakers. I don't really have room for them, but I could always mount them to my wall.

For the 2.1 speaker system I was thinking about a Z-2300 with 2x 40 watt satillite speakers and 1 big 120 watt subwoofer. It'd hopefully be more then enough to fill my room with music (even the current 12 watt 2.1 system can do that, but it deforms when you put it louder.. and thats probebly because of the lack of power). The reason why I want to buy this system is because I want something that I can put loud and it is THX certified :).

I'm going to use it to watch movies, listen to music and play games.  So what do you guys think, keeping in mind what I mentioned above.. ?

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
Re: Speakers
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 05:25:24 AM »

go for the 2.1

Boemann (nl)

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: Speakers
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 10:26:45 AM »

I'll also be getting the X-Fi XtremeMusic if I buy that 2.1 system, because it kinda pointless to plug that kind of system on an onboard realtek audiochip :p

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 30 queries.