*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• March 28, 2024, 03:30:06 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: VoiceOverlay For Ventrilo/TeamSpeak  (Read 6963 times)

Loaded

VoiceOverlay For Ventrilo/TeamSpeak
« on: November 01, 2007, 05:14:02 AM »

I found this program to Overlay Ventrilo (also TeamSpeak) status in game so you can see who is talking to you while playing games and other things.

The Read me is very simple to understand and I have tested it only in BF42 on a XP computer (I don't know if it will work on Vista, my guess is not, because Vista is using DX 10), but I am sure it will work as stated in other games... The direct down from http://www.mafiafreeservices.com is at this link VoiceOverlay, the file is only 204kb so no reason not to down load.

If you need any help with the program, PM me or post here and we will see what we can do to help.

EDIT... Opps I forgot to add the link to the program site if you would like to know more about it and check on your own for updates... http://www.voice-overlay.info.ms It has been out for over 2 years (um and the last update has been that long), so maybe I am a bit late ;D on this program.

I guess I will also add this link http://www.teamspeakoverlay.com for a program that is for TS only... I have also used this program and it works well for TS and dose give you a bit more info on screen then the above program, like Date, Time and so on. It dose not work with Vent.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 05:41:22 AM by *MAFIA* Loaded »

*MAFIA* OUTLAW

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
  • Deus Absconditus
    • View Profile
Re: VoiceOverlay For Ventrilo/TeamSpeak
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 07:21:13 AM »

Glad you found this. Now I dont have to keep on changing from game to vent to see who im talking to.

*MAFIA* MAGGOT

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
  • OFWGKTADGAFLLBBLSBFBN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 09:11:25 AM »

or you can run in windowed mode XD

"At some point in their lives, 1 in 6 children will be abducted by the dutch." ~The fact core, Portal 2.

*MAFIA* OUTLAW

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
  • Deus Absconditus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 10:38:52 AM »

or you can run in windowed mode XD

Even if your playing battlefield?

*MAFIA* MAGGOT

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
  • OFWGKTADGAFLLBBLSBFBN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 11:07:04 AM »

Even if your playing battlefield?
You can do it in any game pretty much. in 42 its in your videodefault.c on folder at

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\Mods\bf1942\Settings

all you do it open the videodefault file (should have .con under it or something along the lines of CON file) and go to where it says

renderer.setFullScreen 1

and change it to

renderer.setFullScreen 0

then file and save.

if you want to change it back put a 1 back there and save it again.

They made it easier to do for bf2 where it is just in the target of the shortcut (rightclick>properties>Shortcut tab>target) in target again you just change the fullscreen option to 0

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1

and after

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 0

Win! but fail!

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 03:20:21 PM »

how does one use the voice overlay program? I have the .rar file of it on my desktop, but i don't know which .exe file to run first.

Should i extract it somewhere, or can i just open up the rar file and run one of the .exe files from there? And which one do i need to use? I did read the read-me, it didn't give simple enough instructions for my techno-noob ass to understand.

So would it be like this....

1) open up vent
2)open up one of the .exe files from that list(i don't know which)
3) play bf42?
What is the Alchole level pike at for you Duney.

Loaded

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 03:35:33 PM »

No need to move any files out of the rar, just put everything in its own folder.

Ok start over...

*Down load.
*Extract to a folder made for it, named "VoiceOverlay" (this will keep the program nice, neat and enclosed)
*Now start vent
*Now go to your VoiceOverlay folder and open it (I also have my short cut for vent in this folder).
*Click on the EXE (VoiceOverlay), now see the "red" dot, click on it and it will turn "green"
*Now start the game that you wish for Vent to be over-laid on.

When it starts it dose a bit of advertising for the maker of the program, that will go away. All will be set when you see the channel you are on over-laid in the game you are playing on the screen... To test it, just hit your hot key and your name should pop up on the screen under the channel name.

EDIT... Don't worry about the "ShortcutMaker" it has nothing to do with making the overlay work.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 03:37:51 PM by *MAFIA* Loaded »

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 31 queries.