*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• June 15, 2024, 03:12:54 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: I AM LEGEND  (Read 2229 times)

*MAFIA* KrautKiller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
I AM LEGEND
« on: December 14, 2007, 07:44:54 PM »

If you havent seen I AM LEGEND, its a remake The Omega Man and the Book, but its still awesome. 

Will Smith is going to get a plenty of  awards.

also theres a online multiplayer game where you play the infected humans or whats left of the military.

http://iamlegendsurvival.warnerbros.com/
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 07:51:28 PM by *MAFIA* KrautKiller »

*MAFIA* MAGGOT

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
  • OFWGKTADGAFLLBBLSBFBN
    • View Profile
Re: I AM LEGEND
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 07:51:43 PM »

If you havent seen I AM LEGEND, its a remake The Omega Man and the Book, but its still awesome. 

Will Smith is going to get a plenty of  awards.
Well if you liked it, maybe i should just tear up my tickets for tomorrow...... sigh.

"At some point in their lives, 1 in 6 children will be abducted by the dutch." ~The fact core, Portal 2.

*MAFIA* KrautKiller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 08:15:23 PM »

Hollywood actually created something right, its alot better than the other movies based off of the book.

1964 The Last Man on Earth
1968 Night of the Living Dead "loosely based on the book (I am legend)
1971 remake The Omega Man

Also Arnold Schwarzenegger was gonna do this movie almost 10 years ago, so im glad it finally got made, ive been expecting it for awhile since im a big fan of the novel.

and im filling out college stuff, so this thread is a nice break :D

*MAFIA* Hellraiser

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/jeremy.miller.14855377?sk=wall
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 08:27:35 PM »

I have actually heard nothing but great things about this movie.  I can't wait for it to come out on DVD out here.  Should be next week. 

*MAFIA* Dune Surfer

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 08:31:32 PM »

Hmm this genre rings a bell slightly... I got it!! You don't think they might of released it off the back-foot of the success of maybe 28 Days later and weeks later etc. Then thrown a bunch of money at it and stuck in a blockbuster actor to pull more crowds in. Nah..., studio's don't do that. Nevertheless i'm sure it will be a thrill ride and I look forward to seeing it.

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 09:26:03 PM »

looks like a game to me, not a movie...

Snop

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007, 11:31:04 PM »

Went to see it today, Its amazing. Except for a select few parts. Anyways, the whole thing came together to a good ending.
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, and Germany doesn't want to go to war."

*MAFIA* KrautKiller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2007, 11:48:17 PM »

Hmm this genre rings a bell slightly... I got it!! You don't think they might of released it off the back-foot of the success of maybe 28 Days later and weeks later etc. Then thrown a bunch of money at it and stuck in a blockbuster actor to pull more crowds in. Nah..., studio's don't do that. Nevertheless i'm sure it will be a thrill ride and I look forward to seeing it.

The book "i am legend" inspired most of the zombie flicks you hear about today.  Its a old ass book too.  So technically its more like 28 days/weeks later was inspired by the book, but the movie "i am legend" did take a few things from 28 days, like the virus's impact on life. 

In the orginial book and flicks it was a nuclear holocaust i believe, its been awhile since i watched em.

*MAFIA* Dune Surfer

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2007, 01:58:14 AM »

The book "i am legend" inspired most of the zombie flicks you hear about today.  Its a old ass book too.  So technically its more like 28 days/weeks later was inspired by the book, but the movie "i am legend" did take a few things from 28 days, like the virus's impact on life. 

In the orginial book and flicks it was a nuclear holocaust i believe, its been awhile since i watched em.
I wasn't questioning its originality, far from it. It just seems rather convenient that the studio's decided to release this type of film right after the success of 28 days. Now you say they altered the books plot for the film eg from nuclear holocaust to virus, well I think that says it all.

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2007, 02:26:08 AM »

the original book had nothing to do with nuclear holocaust, it had to do with a virus outbreak. Don't know where he got nuclear holocaust from...
What is the Alchole level pike at for you Duney.

*MAFIA* KrautKiller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2007, 08:15:06 AM »

The Omega Man was biological warfare, in there they say "plague" but a virus can cause a plague.

In the book the outbreak is caused by bacteria.

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 30 queries.