*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• May 23, 2024, 02:26:42 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: iTunes  (Read 2902 times)

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
iTunes
« on: February 23, 2008, 10:49:47 PM »

Well I know how many of you hate iTunes/Apple in general so spare me the details.

But... I have a problem with my iTunes.  When I try to close it, it freezes and wont shut down.  Every time I close it I have to go through my Task Manager and shut it down manually.  I have reinstalled, and even a newer patch just came out since this first stared happening, so that couldn't be a problem.  Does anyone know how I can fix this?

BTW... It also randomly freezes when I am using it (adding music, editing song info ect...) - Doesn't happen too often but still.

*MAFIA* OUTLAW

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
  • Deus Absconditus
    • View Profile
Re: iTunes
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 11:12:46 AM »

How many songs do you have in your library?

HaVoK

• Forum Member
  • Gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 12:46:43 PM »

Run the Error Checking Utility

1.  Click the Start button, and then click My Computer.
   2.  Right-click the hard disk drive you want to scan, and then left-click Properties.
   3.  In the Local Disk Properties window, click the Tools tab.
   4.  From the Tools tab, click Check Now.
   5. Click to select the box next to Automatically fix file system errors and Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors.
   6. Click Start.

You may have to restart and then it will do the check, I had the same problems before with my Real player, ran this, and it turned out that one of the songs was corrupted and it did the same thing to me.  Hope that helps/works.

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 01:19:03 PM »

How many songs do you have in your library?
About 6000.

Run the Error Checking Utility

1.  Click the Start button, and then click My Computer.
   2.  Right-click the hard disk drive you want to scan, and then left-click Properties.
   3.  In the Local Disk Properties window, click the Tools tab.
   4.  From the Tools tab, click Check Now.
   5. Click to select the box next to Automatically fix file system errors and Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors.
   6. Click Start.

You may have to restart and then it will do the check, I had the same problems before with my Real player, ran this, and it turned out that one of the songs was corrupted and it did the same thing to me.  Hope that helps/works.
I will try this in a little and post back.

*MAFIA* OUTLAW

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
  • Deus Absconditus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 01:37:15 PM »

About 6000.

When i first got itunes it ran fine. I would click on the icon and it would open right away. Now I have about 227 songs (and some movies), Now when i click on the icon it takes about 20-30 seconds to open it. And when i move from library to playlists it takes a long time too. You have 6,000. I don't know how to fix it, but i can relate to your problem.

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 03:11:13 PM »

When i first got itunes it ran fine. I would click on the icon and it would open right away. Now I have about 227 songs (and some movies), Now when i click on the icon it takes about 20-30 seconds to open it. And when i move from library to playlists it takes a long time too. You have 6,000. I don't know how to fix it, but i can relate to your problem.
Well I don't have any slow problems when I open it, nor when in it. It just freezes up sometimes, and EVERY time I close it.

To Havok... I did what you said, the restart took forever lol.  I Logged on afterwards and I was expecting something to come up and tell me some problems that it found... it didn't.  Is it supposed to? Thanks for the help BTW.

HaVoK

• Forum Member
  • Gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 05:59:33 PM »

To Havok... I did what you said, the restart took forever lol.  I Logged on afterwards and I was expecting something to come up and tell me some problems that it found... it didn't.  Is it supposed to? Thanks for the help BTW.

I'm pretty sure it fixes them automatically but it does say what it fixes if you watch it (not sure if it makes you click or anything to continue), and yes it does take awhile.  Does it work now actually and not crash?

Lightning

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2008, 06:06:24 PM »

I haven't had any problems with itunes, but it sounds like you have a corrupt file.  If what Havok said didn't work, under the Help tab on top there is a run diagnostic tab.  Have you tried that.  Personally I would remove it and re-install it, but thats just me.

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2008, 06:47:36 PM »

I'm pretty sure it fixes them automatically but it does say what it fixes if you watch it (not sure if it makes you click or anything to continue), and yes it does take awhile.  Does it work now actually and not crash?
It still is having the same problem.  I just wont fucking close...

I haven't had any problems with itunes, but it sounds like you have a corrupt file.  If what Havok said didn't work, under the Help tab on top there is a run diagnostic tab.  Have you tried that.  Personally I would remove it and re-install it, but thats just me.
I already re-installed it but nothing changed.  What help tab are you talking about? in iTunes or my computer or what?

HaVoK

• Forum Member
  • Gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2008, 06:44:50 AM »

The only thing that I can think that it may be then is a conflicting program, you have some sort of spyware/adware on your computer, or it is trying to do an update of some sort and you're closing it before it is done.  You should go on to apple's site and check out the Help area there and look at other posts, there seems to be that quite a bit.

Sorry I can't help anymore, but if it was a corrupted file that Error Check should have taken care of it.

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2008, 10:58:25 AM »

The only thing that I can think that it may be then is a conflicting program, you have some sort of spyware/adware on your computer, or it is trying to do an update of some sort and you're closing it before it is done.  You should go on to apple's site and check out the Help area there and look at other posts, there seems to be that quite a bit.

Sorry I can't help anymore, but if it was a corrupted file that Error Check should have taken care of it.
Ok, thanks for helping. I will try the apple site.

Lightning

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2008, 07:28:58 PM »

There is a help tab in th upper left corner of the i tunes program.  Its just to the right of the file and edit tabs.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 25 queries.