*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• April 28, 2024, 02:46:10 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Supreme Court Hearing, Gun Rights.  (Read 4315 times)

Loaded

Supreme Court Hearing, Gun Rights.
« on: March 18, 2008, 06:17:20 PM »

As some of you could know there was a Gun Rights Hearing in the Supreme Court today. Me being a Gun owner, Concealed License holder and believing that all rights that were written by our founding Fathers should stay intact, this was very important to me and I am sure others.

Here is a link that will give you the Hearing in "4" mp3 files http://www.downrange.tv/rkba
just click links to get directed to the right place, there is a lot going on so the site could be slow to load... Make sure you check out "all" of the MP3s on the subject.

IMO... What happen today was history in the making. From what I received from the Mp3s,We will keep our right to keep and bear arms. With that said, there will be allot of laws changed because of States thinking they have the right to make the laws the way they see fit, California, Illinois, New York and many others, also it goes with out saying, Washington D.C. (this is what the case is all about).

I am sure there could be people that are into complete Fed/State control of all weapons, you have that right and I am very happy you/we do. This type of subject (just like me and religion) Will not be reply to by me... It just seems to me this type of thing goes way out of control sometimes, but I will be reading your post.

EDIT... To make it a bit easier to hear the MP3s, I have linked them below for down load (right click, "save as" to down load).

Walter E. Dellinger (DC Lawyer)...
http://www.downrange.tv/mp3s/dellinger.mp3

Paul Drew Clement (Pointed by DC to plead case)...
http://www.downrange.tv/mp3s/clement.mp3

Alan Gura (Guns Rights Lawyer)...
http://www.downrange.tv/mp3s/gura.mp3

Walter E. Dellinger "Closing" (DC Lawyer)
http://www.downrange.tv/mp3s/dellinger2.mp3
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 06:41:45 PM by *MAFIA* Loaded »

*MAFIA* Dune Surfer

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: Supreme Court Hearing, Gun Rights.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 06:40:17 PM »

LOL Loaded. Next christmas I'm gonna hire a crackhead to break into your house so you get to shoot someone.

Killed a Guy

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 06:43:36 PM »

Loaded,

1st, Thank you Sir for fullfilling my request.

2nd, this is important people! This is one of the most important factors to our dependence of self. The most liberating freedom a government can provide is the ability and freedom to protect what belongs to you.

AS MUCH + REP AS I CAN PROVIDE.

Killed
Nothing in life is so exhilarating, as to be shot at without result.

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 07:04:56 PM »

LOL Loaded. Next christmas I'm gonna hire a crackhead to break into your house so you get to shoot someone.

Why wait until Christmas?

The right to bear arms is a good idea, but some people take it too far.

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 10:22:17 PM »

Well just to clarify, the 2nd amendment declares a well-regulated militia as "being necessary to the security of a free State." The states are now free, this was supposed to be applied to home-defenders in the time of war, ie. a civil war or an invasion of the homeland.

So the whole "right to bear arms" is taken way out of context, our states are quite free, and militias aren't around anymore, unless you count the national guard. If people really want a strict interpretation of the second amendment, then all gun owners should be forced to sign up for the national guard so they can join the "militia" that would legalize their gun ownership.

On that note, I do think that the second amendment argument is the dumbest reason for gun owners to say "looky here, it says so i can has guns in this here paper!"

but...i am still for gun ownership. We own a few at my house, a springfield 1903, mauser K98, mossberg 500, and a handful of lever action .22 cal rifles. I think gun owership is a fine and dandy thing, but what i am against is when people are able to waltz into their local gun dealership and purchase a grizzly .50 caliber rifle with 3 grand and a CA driver's license. Thankfully, as of 2003 (maybe 2004, i forget the year this took place) that is no longer possible.

Let's get this straight, because the stuff i wrote above may seem confusing or contradictory. I am for gun ownership, infact i'm looking into getting a rifle myself soon. However, i think the second amendment argument used by people to argue the reason why they deserve guns, is absolute bullshit.
What is the Alchole level pike at for you Duney.

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 08:07:14 PM »

i love my guns and if ya want em you will have to pry them from my cold dead fingers... and i do own a .50 cal :D

Lightning

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 02:38:03 PM »

Well just to clarify, the 2nd amendment declares a well-regulated militia as "being necessary to the security of a free State." The states are now free, this was supposed to be applied to home-defenders in the time of war, ie. a civil war or an invasion of the homeland.

So the whole "right to bear arms" is taken way out of context, our states are quite free, and militias aren't around anymore, unless you count the national guard. If people really want a strict interpretation of the second amendment, then all gun owners should be forced to sign up for the national guard so they can join the "militia" that would legalize their gun ownership.

On that note, I do think that the second amendment argument is the dumbest reason for gun owners to say "looky here, it says so i can has guns in this here paper!"

but...i am still for gun ownership. We own a few at my house, a springfield 1903, mauser K98, mossberg 500, and a handful of lever action .22 cal rifles. I think gun owership is a fine and dandy thing, but what i am against is when people are able to waltz into their local gun dealership and purchase a grizzly .50 caliber rifle with 3 grand and a CA driver's license. Thankfully, as of 2003 (maybe 2004, i forget the year this took place) that is no longer possible.

Let's get this straight, because the stuff i wrote above may seem confusing or contradictory. I am for gun ownership, infact i'm looking into getting a rifle myself soon. However, i think the second amendment argument used by people to argue the reason why they deserve guns, is absolute bullshit.

This is where a lot of people differ in their interpretation of the 2nd Amendment.  I believe the Spirit of the law was written to provide the people of this country the right to freely bear arms and have the ability to form a militia to protect themselves from the government.  The idea isn't just to be able to carry a firearm, but the ability to defend yourself from oppressive government rule.  Remember that when this document was written, the mind set was freedom from government rule (British).  The forefathers wanted to protect the people and themselves from another tyranny.  If my memory serves me correct, when we fought the British, the controlling government (British) were allowed to come to your home, take anything they wanted and you couldn't say anything about it.  This wasn't acceptable.   

*MAFIA* Dune Surfer

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 03:50:19 AM »

Yeah, you better arm yourselves or I'm gonna turn up with the king of England and steal your TV lol. Idiots are gonna keep shooting each other for at least a few more decades in your country before the public realise "duhhh, hey you know what? I think there's allot of gun crime cos of the easy availability of firearms" "No shit, you think?" I know you guys love your guns *cough* Loaded for example, and it amuses me when you dig up these old excuses to own them.

The fact is, it pays well for your government to have you shoot each other. More tax, criminals shoot each other, keeps you all in check cos your more concerned about your safety than politics.

Loaded

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 10:00:53 AM »

Yes old thread, but an update to the above hearing...

5 to 4 decision in favor of the Second Amendment.

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 10:07:07 AM »

*MAFIA* Hellraiser

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/jeremy.miller.14855377?sk=wall
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 10:10:58 AM »

Just so you know, each state does have a militia.  It is called that states National Guard.  That is why they are state funded instead of federally.  Don't confuse them with the Reserves, who are Nationally funded.  The only time a States National Guard is paid out of federal fundings, is when they are called up on active duty and deployed over seas.  I never saw this thread or I would have thrown that in there.  I am for gun ownership.  I want to say that guns don't kill people, people kill people.  I think there should be an IQ test for some of these fucks who are retarded and own guns.  How many times have you heard about some one cleaning their weapon and it going off and either killing them (which helps out in the long run), or them killing some one else.  I don't have any guns, because the ex-wife hated them.  But now the bitch is gone I am getting some.  I haven't figured out just yet what I want.  I have a shooting range down the road from my house where you can rent different guns and fire them on the range.  Helps narrow shit down.  

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2008, 12:54:55 PM »

Just so you know, each state does have a militia.  It is called that states National Guard.  That is why they are state funded instead of federally. 
i know what the national guard is, and i know how they are funded. That was besides the point.

Basically, the second amendment says gun ownership is necessary for a well-regulated state militia, ie the national guard. So gun ownership is all fine and dandy, but it was intended for the people protecting the state (National Guard), and to ensure that state remains "free."

Well, here we all are...and we're all free, so gun ownership isn't necessary for anyone except the afore mentioned "well-regulated state militia," the national guard.

I'm not against gun ownership, we have a mossberg at my house, a springfield 1903, few .22 rifles and some other small caliber shit.

My whole point was whenever dumb people say the old ass argument "zomg teh 2nd amendment says i can has tons of boomsticks, it says so right here!" when in reality the second amendment just contradicts their claim. If they wanted to go exactly by the book (constitution), then they would join the national guard themselves, so they could help maintain the state-militia that would justify their gun ownership.

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2008, 10:39:35 PM »

Loaded

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2008, 05:50:21 AM »

*MAFIA* Hellraiser

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/jeremy.miller.14855377?sk=wall

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 30 queries.