*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• April 19, 2024, 09:12:01 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: .45, what one do you like?  (Read 9139 times)

*MAFIA* [StimPH]

Re: .45, what one do you like?
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2008, 11:48:58 PM »

HK45

Loaded

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2008, 01:19:34 PM »

Second one looks ok.
I'd get one of these:

Not sure how I missed that post... Do you know the "I'd get one of these:" you picked a Walther P22, it is only .22LR?

.22LR on the right and .45 5th from the right.

Slide over >>>>>

Pepper

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2008, 02:08:45 PM »

I don't know a lot about guns, and i don't want to seem like i do, but my dad drags me to some gun shows and a couple of things Ive heard, and observed are new guns from "1970-2008"

have lighter rounds
smaller rounds
carry more rounds
and are more inaccurate
and go really really fast (velocity)
+ a faster rate of fire

while older guns like from WW1, WW2, the Koren war "if u want to call it a war"

have fewer rounds
heavyer rounds
more accurate
and slower (velocity)
+ slower fate of fire

can any one tell me why?
my theory is
        faster = a piercing through some one making a hole for them to bleed out

slower = i have no idea other than slower with a big bullet smashing bone and tearing ligaments and then staying in there...

I don't know witch way of fighting is better, so can some one tell me witch one and why? :confused:

My dad owns a 30cal browing automatic ma-chingun [( i think its 30 cal ) any ways it fiers .308] and on a tripod it is accurate... he says its a little to accurate for a ma-chingun also it has a slow rate of fire while newer guns have a faster rate.

and to avoid any mix up if my post was UN clear I'm just showing ppl what i know about the changes in guns and asking why have they changed in that way?

*MAFIA* MAGGOT

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
  • OFWGKTADGAFLLBBLSBFBN
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2008, 02:41:16 PM »

Not sure how I missed that post... Do you know the "I'd get one of these:" you picked a Walther P22, it is only .22LR?

.22LR on the right and .45 5th from the right.

Slide over >>>>>

TO HELL WITH THE BULLET PICTURE, WHICH GUN SHOOTS THE BATTERIES!?!?!?!?!!?

"At some point in their lives, 1 in 6 children will be abducted by the dutch." ~The fact core, Portal 2.

Loaded

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2008, 02:59:04 PM »

Should I even reply to that Maggot  :-*

Pepper... Without me going into some big old write up and maybe making a fool of myself (I am not by any means a pro at this as well)...

Modern Ballistics = Lighter = Faster = More Accurate = More penetration = More Expansion on Penetration.

Lets take a small saying... "It is better to go with a bigger bullet and know it will never get smaller, then go with a smaller bullet and hope it gets bigger"....

The bigger the bullet the more chance of hitting something to make that target bleed out faster. There are only 2 places to hit a living thing that will stop them in their tracks, the head, the central nervous system, always aim for "center mass" and in that case a smaller bullet will work just fine IF you hit the head or central nervous system. Any other place, Adrenaline takes over and that live target can go on until they bleed out or die of infection days or weeks later, again bigger bullet better chance to hit something make them bleed out... Yes if you hit them in the heart, they will die pretty fast (bleeding out  ;) ), but they still have life in them to get you back.

From Past to today... IMO it is like everything else in our world, things get better over time. So I can not believe that Ballistics of yesteryear are better then today.

Ok maybe I did make fool of myself  ::)

Bacon

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2008, 03:01:10 PM »

TO HELL WITH THE BULLET PICTURE, WHICH GUN SHOOTS THE BATTERIES!?!?!?!?!!?
Any gun dude.
Just put it infront of a chambered bullet.
And aim it toward your face.
Try that?

*MAFIA* Dune Surfer

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2008, 03:52:47 PM »

My dad owns a 30cal browing automatic ma-chingun [( i think its 30 cal ) any ways it fiers .308]
A "machine gun"? I'm sure he does...
The bigger the bullet the more chance of hitting something to make that target bleed out faster
Sure, If you can hit the target with the re-coil off a .45 at distance
Nah honestly I forgot about the .45 thing I just thought that gun looked cool. I bet you could probably get it in .45 though, most manufacturers have multiple ranges of calibres in their weapons.

Loaded

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2008, 04:24:20 PM »

A "machine gun"? I'm sure he does...Sure, If you can hit the target with the re-coil off a .45 at distance
Nah honestly I forgot about the .45 thing I just thought that gun looked cool. I bet you could probably get it in .45 though, most manufacturers have multiple ranges of calibres in their weapons.

Sure his dad could have one, they are not banned in the USA like people think they are... As long as the gun was bought before 1986 he has every right to have it. I could even buy the pre 1986 gun as long as I pay a $200.00 fed tax or to get around it completely, I could buy all new parts (now finding a full-auto trigger module is a problem) and make the gun, that is also legal... Mind you there are state laws that have to be followed, but the state I live in, there is no problem on having a full auto weapon using the above examples.

Nope, that gun is only made in 22lr or 9mm, no .45.

About Recoil of the .45... Back on the 1st page, the HK45 has a recoil buffer, the gun has no more recoil then a 9mm... Also distance shooting, you wouldn't be using a hand gun, that is what a rifle is for. Pistols (I am not talking hunting hand guns, 8"+ barrels) are for the so called "combat range" of 21 feet (7 yards) or less, but most "good" hand guns can still do their business allot farther.

Loaded

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2008, 05:04:03 PM »

Gotta about the full-auto.

About the Glock... I posted somewhere on the forum, "I will never own one".

25 yards is not a range to be shooting a pistol of that size, that is nothing but a "show off" range  ;) .

Yes you should care who makes the weapon. Manufactures and models make a very big difference on how a gun shoots with the round of choice. Like with you and the Glock, you were using a plastic framed gun, I bet if you went and tried a all medal gun you would do much better or a should say feel much better on how you shoot. Now I am not saying Plastic is bad, because that is what the HK is and IMO and many others around the world, the HK is by far the best made plastic gun in the world (HK was the 1st to make plastic framed guns). Find someone with a HK USP in .45 and I would bet you would chance your mind about the .45 (but in your neck of the woods, a .45 isn't easy to find).

*MAFIA* Dune Surfer

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2008, 05:36:02 AM »

I managed to dig up a target fron that 9mm Glock 17 shoot. Out of 19 rounds from an extended magazine I only managed to hit the target 12 times but 5 head shots whoop! whoop! and another 4 chest shots

Loaded

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2008, 03:57:59 AM »

I moved Peppers dad post to his own thread, please carry on about that in this... http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php/topic,7442.0.html

Loaded

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2008, 03:15:16 PM »

Change of plans... With the way things are going now a days, I am going for a Sig 556 before some Federal butthead says I can't buy one.

So here it is... Sig 556...

My Sig Sp2340 .357sig will just have to do me for now.

(not my gun, but this is it)

What do you all think about going with the rifle 1st?

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2008, 04:23:59 PM »

um i say go with something with a little more power maybe a line off the ar15 or something with .223 rifle

Loaded

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2008, 04:39:51 PM »

um i say go with something with a little more power maybe a line off the ar15 or something with .223 rifle

The Sig 556 is a .223, kind off.

.223 = 5.56mm (the name sake of the rifle)

It is just the NATO 5.56mm has higher pressures then the Rem .223. BUT it is best not to shoot the NATO round out of a gun that should only shoot the .223 rem. So with that said, the NATO 5.56 is a "hotter" round then the .223.

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2008, 05:37:47 PM »

well then get it pawpaw :)

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 30 queries.