*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• April 28, 2024, 04:54:36 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: To Bonehead  (Read 6125 times)

Elliott Smith

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
To Bonehead
« on: March 08, 2005, 04:52:56 PM »

Yo.

My mic's been in my neighbor's room as we're recording a CD.  I'll get it back tonight, and you'll be seeing me on Ventrilo.  As for the naked men, that was just a corny eye-grabber, so people'd read my post.

Peace,
Dave

Ins4n3

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
To Bonehead
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2005, 04:55:47 PM »

Is that you in your avatar?

Elliott Smith

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
To Bonehead
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005, 05:32:11 PM »

No, it's Elliott Smith.  My name is David.  Elliott Smith was the greatest songwriter of our generation, but sadly, he died two falls ago.  He stabbed himself in the heart twice.  http://www.sweetadeline.net for more information, http://www.elliottsmith.com for some live clips.  I have all of his songs, and you should check some out.  If you've seen Good Will Hunting, he wrote a few of the songs on that soundtrack.

Loaded

To Bonehead
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2005, 06:06:17 PM »

LOL you got to love the ppl that can stab them self more then once in the heart, thats a REAL man... Ya right nice story, poor guy going down as killing himself.

Elliott Smith

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
To Bonehead
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2005, 06:56:48 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Loaded
LOL you got to love the ppl that can stab them self more then once in the heart, thats a REAL man... Ya right nice story, poor guy going down as killing himself.

Heh.  Yeah, the case is still open, with one main suspect being his girlfriend.  Murder is unlikely, but not impossible.  Most speculate suicide and say such until told otherwise.  He was coming out with a 30 track double CD at the time and was really pumped about it, so it's odd he'd abandon it.

Ap3 Tit

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
To Bonehead
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2005, 07:54:19 PM »

MeZmoriZe

• Forum Member
  • The Emo Wonder
    • View Profile
To Bonehead
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2005, 07:57:51 PM »

That makes perfect sense.  You are a genuis ape.

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
To Bonehead
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2005, 08:16:21 PM »

Ok elliott I will be waiting. And for the rest of you it isnt funny when someone gets killed no one can stab theirselv in the heart 2 times unless they are on some damn good speed he was murdered any retard can see that well wait the local pigs dont oh well.

Elliott Smith

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
To Bonehead
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2005, 08:27:20 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Bonehead
Ok elliott I will be waiting. And for the rest of you it isnt funny when someone gets killed no one can stab theirselv in the heart 2 times unless they are on some damn good speed he was murdered any retard can see that well wait the local pigs dont oh well.

Well, that's exactly one of the big pieces of evidence.

1.  No hesitation wounds.  Most people who stab themselves initially stab themselves shallowly in hesitation.  There were no such wounds here.
2.  He misspelled his name on the suicide note: "God, forgive me. - Elliot"  One T, not two.
3.  He stabbed himself through his clothes.  Almost unheard of; very rare.
4.  Girlfriend was uncooperative with authorities immediately after the incident; she wouldn't speak to them.
5.  Bruises on one shoulder and opposite forearm - possible defense wounds.

I'd like to believe he was murdered and that he did not up and abandon his adoring fans, but I don't lose sleep over this one.  He made one hell of an impact while he was around.  I can only hope to be as influential.

-Dave

*MAFIA* Phantom

To Bonehead
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2005, 09:11:29 PM »

Sounds like a common tweaker to me. And I don't believe he made "one hell of an impact" if no body has heard of him.

Elliott Smith

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
To Bonehead
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2005, 11:53:46 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Phantom
Sounds like a common tweaker to me. And I don't believe he made "one hell of an impact" if no body has heard of him.

Well enough people have heard of him for him to be asked to write a song for Good Will Hunting, which was nominated for multiple Academy Awards.  Furthermore, he was nominated for that same song ("Miss Misery") and performed it live at the Oscars.  See, this is what I'm talking about: people spouting off things before they check their validity.  Moreover, no one has heard of you.  Conversely, many, many people have heard of Elliott Smith, thus my subjectively quantifying that as a "hell of an impact."  You simply cannot argue that the man had an insignificant impact when, upon his death, MTV, VH1, the New York Times and many other media establishments devoted time and energy towards remembering him.  No offense, but no one would do that for you...or me... or anyone I know personally.  He existed on a different plane in that regard.

I rule.

Boemann (nl)

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
To Bonehead
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2005, 07:55:59 AM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Elliott Smith
Well enough people have heard of him for him to be asked to write a song for Good Will Hunting, which was nominated for multiple Academy Awards.  Furthermore, he was nominated for that same song ("Miss Misery") and performed it live at the Oscars.  See, this is what I'm talking about: people spouting off things before they check their validity.  Moreover, no one has heard of you.  Conversely, many, many people have heard of Elliott Smith, thus my subjectively quantifying that as a "hell of an impact."  You simply cannot argue that the man had an insignificant impact when, upon his death, MTV, VH1, the New York Times and many other media establishments devoted time and energy towards remembering him.  No offense, but no one would do that for you...or me... or anyone I know personally.  He existed on a different plane in that regard.

I rule.

nver heard of him, but hey i'll maby down his music to see if i like it

*MAFIA* Phantom

To Bonehead
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2005, 09:42:07 AM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Elliott Smith

I rule.

Who are you to say that I haven't made an impact on the world? Do you know who I am? To bf1942 I may just be PHANTOM but you don't know me in reality therefore you don't have the right to say whether or not I have made impacts upon this world. And just because someone made it to TV doesn't mean they've made an impact on the world. For example: my brother is a musician and is on MTV, FUSE, etc that doesn't mean he has made an impact on the world. I don't believe music has the ability to reach out that far. Maybe if this eliott guy made a new genre of music or something but you know how music is, one day it's hot the next day its not.

MeZmoriZe

• Forum Member
  • The Emo Wonder
    • View Profile
To Bonehead
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2005, 01:27:50 PM »

Dude, Phantom.  Your brother works for MTV and Fuse?  That's sweet!

Osama Bin Hitler

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
To Bonehead
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2005, 03:01:11 PM »

MTCV rules! ur bro roks! plus look @ this picture concerning with nothing to do with this clan...

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 30 queries.