*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• April 26, 2024, 09:06:33 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Stalingrad  (Read 6702 times)

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Stalingrad
« on: March 20, 2005, 08:52:13 AM »

Hey guys.  I'm not trying to complain, I just have two suggestions/questions.

1.  Can we add some more jeeps that spawn at each base?  What happens is people take the jeeps, drive them across the map, then get out and do whatever.  So we've got a bunch of empty jeeps all over the middle of the map, but none at the main base spawn point.  If you don't want to add more, thats cool with me, like Loaded said its the smallest map and its not that far of a walk.  Maybe I'm just lazy.

2.   I noticed that the middle grey flag is uncapturable.  Neither team can make it their spawn point, its just always grey.  Can we either make it a control point for the teams to capture, or make it a double spawn?  I think this will add a little more action to the map and make it more fun, but once again its no big deal if we don't.

Let me know what you guys think........

Ins4n3

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Stalingrad
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2005, 09:20:26 AM »

Well I agree about the jeeps. I think there are enough, but maybe make their ttl like 25 seconds? That should be plenty of time to get out of your jeep, get the enemy flag and get back in before it blows up.

As for the middle flag, I don't really care. Either way would be cool I think. Also maybe make it like a bonus to hold that flag (ie: when you have that flag you get an extra tank at main base, i dunno, something like that).

*MAFIA* Phantom

Stalingrad
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2005, 03:57:11 PM »

Jeeps is a good idea but I IMO don't think it would be good to have the middle flag capturable. All I remember from playing stalingrad is that there was plenty of action and it was hella fun.

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Stalingrad
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 09:37:00 AM »

OK cool.  Thanks for responding.  I guess nobody else cares to comment.  What about the part of the map that isn't used much, the part where Allies spawn on a conquest map (on the left coming from the Axis main base).  Maybe you can put a tank or jeep section there?  I don't know, its fine like it is, but it'd be cool if things were spread out more.

*MAFIA* Vanilla

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Stalingrad
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2005, 03:35:43 PM »

ya i agree about the jeeps. i am lazy and don't like to walk places. and i think it woudl be cool to make the middle base a double spawn. then people wuold want to expack it and i coudl snipe them and it woudl be easier to get the flag. just more places with more action. i just was in it the other day and it was getting wicked old goign over there and their whole team being over there just sitting waiting. game lasted a long time i ended up leaveing. but  whatever is cool.
[

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
Stalingrad
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2005, 04:37:57 PM »

We may I thought about air spawns so you can decide where to land ;)

*MAFIA* Vanilla

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Stalingrad
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2005, 06:47:19 PM »

i think it woudl have to be somewhere in the middle. woudl it be for both teams?

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Stalingrad
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2005, 07:14:43 PM »

It could be towards that left hillside I was talking about.  Either way it'd be sweet.  Or maybe it could be in 2 or 3 different spots.  Anyway, great idea Bonehead.

Loaded

Stalingrad
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2005, 07:31:32 PM »

With the size of the map you could put the air spawn anywhere and end up from one end to the other... That is if it is as high as Market Garden.

Bone if you do something like that... Have you been on the Mod Berlin map (sorry don't remeber the name)? They have a air spawn and a plane crashes on the ground right at the spawn point. Kind of cool makes for a different game with planes crashing every 10 secs and yes you better stay away from there because the falling plane will kill you.

I'm not a mod guy or anything but I think all they did was make the plane spawn off the ground, with no land under its wheels it crashes.

What do think?

Ins4n3

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Stalingrad
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2005, 07:38:03 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Loaded
With the size of the map you could put the air spawn anywhere and end up from one end to the other... That is if it is as high as Market Garden.

Bone if you do something like that... Have you been on the Mod Berlin map (sorry don't remeber the name)? They have a air spawn and a plane crashes on the ground right at the spawn point. Kind of cool makes for a different game with planes crashing every 10 secs and yes you better stay away from there because the falling plane will kill you.

I'm not a mod guy or anything but I think all they did was make the plane spawn off the ground, with no land under its wheels it crashes.

What do think?

While it may look cool, its unnecessary and just another thing to add lag to the server.

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
Stalingrad
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2005, 07:56:05 PM »

Ja Gutt! Sieg Hail!! Das Uber Fuhrer!!!

Loaded

Stalingrad
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2005, 08:50:03 PM »

I wouldn't think one plane falling from the air would lag a server, shit we have on most maps 10+ planes flying around. It's cool, just a thought.

*MAFIA* Vanilla

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Stalingrad
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2005, 09:09:50 PM »

ya i agree loaded that would be cool. there isn't really much going on in there. would add to it

Ins4n3

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Stalingrad
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2005, 09:53:17 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Loaded
I wouldn't think one plane falling from the air would lag a server, shit we have on most maps 10+ planes flying around. It's cool, just a thought.

No, you're right, one plane wouldn't lag the server. Put it this way, Stalingrad is the smallest map in battlefield. When you have 20 some odd people in various vehicles in such a small area and varying explosions happening all over the place all the time, the plane will be a big difference. The other maps may have 10+ planes up at a time but they are usually spread out much more.

Loaded

Stalingrad
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2005, 10:09:20 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Ins4n3
No, you're right, one plane wouldn't lag the server. Put it this way, Stalingrad is the smallest map in battlefield. When you have 20 some odd people in various vehicles in such a small area and varying explosions happening all over the place all the time, the plane will be a big difference. The other maps may have 10+ planes up at a time but they are usually spread out much more.

True, no problem. Like I said it was just a thought.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 31 queries.