*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• April 27, 2024, 10:20:29 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: A ? of OWNERSHIP  (Read 4187 times)

[ST6]{BC1}Apollo

A ? of OWNERSHIP
« on: March 22, 2005, 11:02:52 AM »

Ok let me lay the ground work before I ask the question.

You’re playing one of the MAFIA maps (Philippines) and trying to compete against the best game hacking clan out there (that’s you guys in case you forgot). You're using the best hack your lame skills could write but unfortunately this particular map has a "special" feature that makes those who use it impossible to shoot or kill. However, they on the other hand can shoot you till hell freezes over with complete immunity to return fire. Okay I think you now have the general picture. Just a little more ground work and then the question.

On said map, against said conditions, one MAFIA member (names excluded purposely) continuously rains down a hail of lead from above "special" place and using the clan hack picks off every single allied member within tag view and blows up the all important transportation parked next to the spawn point just to add to the hail of destruction being dished out. At the same time another MAFIA member continuously bombes and strafes the spawn point killing anyone and anything that the other MAFIA member misses (which does not happen much). That is when things go south in my personal opinion.

It is at this time that both MAFIA members start stating that they are OWNING the players they are killing. One of the members however takes it a bit further and states "OWNED NIGGER" to everyone that he/she kills. Interesting use of words!

Now to the question:

Is using a hack and a map feature not available to all players to kill them relentlessly OWNING them? To me, OWNING a player involves competing on a level playing field against the same odds and prevailing over them over and over again as you show that your skill (it’s a computer game so using the word skill is a bit of a stretch but what the hell for now we will call it skill) is superior to theirs. The most important part of the equation being that you are as vulnerable to death as they are and yet you do not die but they do, over and over again. That to me is OWNING another player.

What happened in the scenario above was simply killing cause you can do so and not be killed yourself and then being a smart ass about it. Kind of reminds me of the real WWII when Hitler lined up Jews next to trenches and then dropped the gate and uncovered the machine gun crew that was going to waste every last one of them. I don’t think they felt OWNED! I think they felt massacred!

THE ABOVE GAME SCENARIO DOES NOT BOTHER ME AT ALL. I JUST WANTED TO ASK THIS QUESTION BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE FUN TO HEAR WHAT EVERYONE THINKS ABOUT IT. THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT. IF I DIDN'T LIKE HOW THE GAME WAS BEING PLAYED OR WHO WAS PLAYING IT, I COULD HAVE LEFT. I THRIVE AGAINST IMPOSSIBLE ODDS, NOT RUN FROM THEM. PLEASE DO NOT MISSINTERPRET THIS AS AN INSULT OR COMPLAINT. I LIKE THE MAFIA AND YOUR SERVERS AND MAPS ROCK!

Looking forward to your responses,

Apollo

MeZmoriZe

• Forum Member
  • The Emo Wonder
    • View Profile
A ? of OWNERSHIP
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 11:21:02 AM »

Boy, you got balls for coming here and telling us.  Also, about your question.  Yes, "OWNING" something means to prevail over and over again.  What you were saying is "OWNING" is one type.  What we do is another.  Note, not all mafia do that.  Some of us can't get in the "special" sky box.  Like me for example, I don't go up there and kill people relentlessly.  I just find them, and then kill them relentlessly.  The "special" sky box is just something a lil' extra to keep the game challenging and fun.  Cause there are no AA guns close enough to fight off all of the planes.  Cause if everyone had a plane, then there would be no ground troops and the game would go nowhere.  Therefore, even more people would start complaining about how they want a new map.:D  I hope that answered your question.:D

Loaded

A ? of OWNERSHIP
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2005, 12:13:09 PM »

I wont go into a big deal over this. I am not one for saying "Owned" in game, I do my best not to even chat to anyone. BUT if a person, member or not of this clan says they OWNED you well they have that right and there is NO way to stop them from saying it. You also have that right.

The so called "special feature"... This is going to be a VERY simple and TRUE reply. If YOU could use this "special feature", you would use it and do the same thing as SOME of us in the can and you wouldn't be posting everything you did above about it

I know my clan mates are going to say "WTF Loaded that is all you have to say" and I will say "YES that's it". Because I am getting sick of being bothered in game with chat about the fucking "sky box” and seeing it here on the forums from PUBLIC cry babies. The people that complain about the thing are only doing it because they CAN'T get there, if they could get in the “sky box” every fucking one of them would stop bitching, go to it and start saying “OWNED you nigger”

[ST6]{BC1}Apollo

Bone - Please Delete Thread
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 12:35:12 PM »

That was not the intent as stated above in my first post and below again in a repost of my disclaimer. I guess the special thingy and comments by those who can't use it are starting to grate against a nerve. Was't wanting to piss ya all off but if your pissed aint much I can do but ask Bone to delete it.

Like I said in the original post:

THE ABOVE GAME SCENARIO DOES NOT BOTHER ME AT ALL. I JUST WANTED TO ASK THIS QUESTION BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE FUN TO HEAR WHAT EVERYONE THINKS ABOUT IT. THIS IS NOT A COMPLAINT. IF I DIDN'T LIKE HOW THE GAME WAS BEING PLAYED OR WHO WAS PLAYING IT, I COULD HAVE LEFT. I THRIVE AGAINST IMPOSSIBLE ODDS, NOT RUN FROM THEM. PLEASE DO NOT MISSINTERPRET THIS AS AN INSULT OR COMPLAINT. I LIKE THE MAFIA AND YOUR SERVERS AND MAPS ROCK!

Best regards,

Apollo

P.S. I was not crying here and I do not cry in the game. The sky box was not the point of my post. The question of OWNING someone was.

P.S. Hell yeah I got balls. They are as big as basketballs. In fact they slow me down so much it makes it easier for you all to shoot me :)...

Ins4n3

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
A ? of OWNERSHIP
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2005, 12:48:16 PM »

Well, all I have to say is... OWNED NIGGER!

Evil Moose of Doom

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
A ? of OWNERSHIP
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2005, 12:51:07 PM »

Quote from: '[ST6
{BC1}Apollo']Ok let me lay the ground work before I ask the question.

You’re playing one of the MAFIA maps (Philippines) and trying to compete against the best game hacking clan out there (that’s you guys in case you forgot). You're using the best hack your lame skills could write but unfortunately this particular map has a "special" feature that makes those who use it impossible to shoot or kill. However, they on the other hand can shoot you till hell freezes over with complete immunity to return fire. Okay I think you now have the general picture. Just a little more ground work and then the question.

On said map, against said conditions, one MAFIA member (names excluded purposely) continuously rains down a hail of lead from above "special" place and using the clan hack picks off every single allied member within tag view and blows up the all important transportation parked next to the spawn point just to add to the hail of destruction being dished out. At the same time another MAFIA member continuously bombes and strafes the spawn point killing anyone and anything that the other MAFIA member misses (which does not happen much). That is when things go south in my personal opinion.

It is at this time that both MAFIA members start stating that they are OWNING the players they are killing. One of the members however takes it a bit further and states "OWNED NIGGER" to everyone that he/she kills. Interesting use of words!

Now to the question:

Is using a hack and a map feature not available to all players to kill them relentlessly OWNING them? To me, OWNING a player involves competing on a level playing field against the same odds and prevailing over them over and over again as you show that your skill (it’s a computer game so using the word skill is a bit of a stretch but what the hell for now we will call it skill) is superior to theirs. The most important part of the equation being that you are as vulnerable to death as they are and yet you do not die but they do, over and over again. That to me is OWNING another player.

What happened in the scenario above was simply killing cause you can do so and not be killed yourself and then being a smart ass about it. Kind of reminds me of the real WWII when Hitler lined up Jews next to trenches and then dropped the gate and uncovered the machine gun crew that was going to waste every last one of them. I don’t think they felt OWNED! I think they felt massacred!

Apollo

Would one of those members have numbers contained in their username? Or their username consisting entirely of punctuation marks? Just asking...

Loaded

A ? of OWNERSHIP
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2005, 01:33:59 PM »

[ST6]{BC1}Apollo... I know you don't know me, but I am not pissed. If I was you would know it and I can remove the post if I wanted to, mind you that is nothing on Bone, just saying I can do it. I am sure if you look at your post you can see why I went out so far talking about "special feature" as you put it.

Moose... It is VERY easy to see who says it and I hope he keeps it up and says it more. Because I know how easy that term pisses off the public.

GWAR 3:16

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
A ? of OWNERSHIP
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2005, 02:35:02 PM »

You talk too fucking much Apollo.  You talk so fucking much that you make me wonder where my dinner is and if you'd let me stick it in your ass for a change tonight.

"Kind of reminds me of the real WWII when Hitler lined up Jews next to trenches and then dropped the gate and uncovered the machine gun crew that was going to waste every last one of them. I don’t think they felt OWNED! I think they felt massacred!"

In fact, you talk so fucking much that I almost missed that.  If thats how people feel when someone says owned, then OWNED OWNED OWNED THOSE JEWS GOT OWNED BY THE MG34! OWNED!

How stupid would those jews have to be to be suprised when they're killed after they're all told to stand in front of an empty trench while some Germans are chuckling in some unidentified building in front of them?

Ins4n3

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
A ? of OWNERSHIP
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2005, 02:35:42 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Loaded
Moose... It is VERY easy to see who says it and I hope he keeps it up and says it more. Because I know how easy that term pisses off the public.

Fuck yeah, OWNED THOSE NIGGERS!

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
A ? of OWNERSHIP
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2005, 03:46:34 PM »

Good organization in those paragraphs Apollo.  I like the ALL CAPS one the best.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 06:31:53 PM by *MAFIA* Beetlejuice »

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
A ? of OWNERSHIP
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2005, 04:24:29 PM »

I will clear this up "Its just words" to piss of the pubs I on the other hand like some others here in mafia can and do truely own people in ground combat at spawns I/they can get 4 to 5 kills to 1 death in most cases reloading gets us killed so if we ever say owned it will be me/themh really owning you not just saying it to piss you off. The "Sky fortress" is ment to also piss off the pubs if you all would read the main website and see what mafia is about you would know its to "Be known as cheaters and game wreckers" that means to cheat use hacks glitch whatever it takes to piss you off.

So if saying owned you bitch pisses you off then they did their job if saying your my bitch pisses you off then they did their job if saying your ass belongs to me now and you get pissed and say "I fucked your mother" then we all laugh and say we got us a live one and all pick on that one till he/she either leaves or bends to our will.

So in the end it isn't about "True ownage" its about "Pissing you off"

Crzy S

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
A ? of OWNERSHIP
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2005, 07:29:56 PM »

Hell I personally don' t like the word nigger, but its just a word, same as OWNED or dirty woop do plop...

TagS

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
A ? of OWNERSHIP
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2005, 08:43:50 PM »

Quote from: '[ST6
{BC1}Apollo']Ok let me lay the ground work before I ask the question.

Now to the question:

Apollo

hahahahah ROLF

ok look i am not "trusted" enought to use that certain glitch you speak of so when i own you its SKILL and that happens quite often on the 1.6 server huh
if you ever see me in that glitch let me know until then

YOUR MY BITCH

someday youll be as cool as me!

Boemann (nl)

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
A ? of OWNERSHIP
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2005, 05:58:29 AM »

he has always been, and will always BE my bitch, so either we share him, or u just back of tags!

TagS

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
A ? of OWNERSHIP
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2005, 09:27:25 PM »

ummmmmmmm lets see since hes gay ill get a new bitch like o lets say

vic farriery (spelling and all)

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 31 queries.