*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• April 26, 2024, 07:43:24 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Getting Ready for BF2  (Read 9348 times)

StEwIe_GrIfFiN

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Getting Ready for BF2
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2005, 04:39:52 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Loaded
Oh... StEwIe as you can see your sig is installed.

Ya i see that, thanks for setting it up.

and you guys r confusing me on which card to get, i dont know, ill check ratings on the internet and figure out which one i want.

*MAFIA* Beatlejuice

• *MAFIA* Head
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Getting Ready for BF2
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2005, 04:58:34 PM »

Both cards can be very good, and both can give you problems.

Loaded

Getting Ready for BF2
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2005, 05:24:10 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Beetlejuice
Both cards can be very good, and both can give you problems.

LOL that helped out Beetle.

You are right Insane there could be problems, I mean I have had nothing BUT ATI and I have had 2 cards (well the niose in this one stop and it is working fine) with fan problems, but the other 8 or 9 have been fine.

StEwIe... We really don't mean to mess with your head. I know it might not seem this way but we are trying to help. Try going to PCworld and see what they have to say or even PCGamer, just do a google for the sites.

StEwIe_GrIfFiN

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Getting Ready for BF2
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2005, 06:38:23 PM »

ya i know you guys are trying to help out, and i thank each and everyone of u for sharing your knowledge of what has been best for you personally. so rep 4 all who helped! :a36g:  I'm sure your suggestions will help me figure out what will work best for me to experience an awesome game play.

Ins4n3

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Getting Ready for BF2
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2005, 07:13:07 PM »

http://www.guru3d.com/article/content/124/1/

It's a review for a FX5500, not the one you are looking at, but the same chipset anyway. All I can say is... get yourself some fast ram.

Well, what can we say about the all new 5500. It performs as expected under the 5600 and above the 5200, it's stable and has a package of features that is just mind boggling for it's price. The new NVIDIA drivers even contains a pop-up stopper. (NVIDIA please stick to your product okay?; that's just silly).

Gaming wise, what you can expect from the card is that you'll be able to play most older games perfectly fine. Even quite a few of the newer games will have no big problems with this card under two conditions. The first; you need to stay at 1024x768 maximum and secondly you do not enable Antialiasing features as the card simply does not have enough processing power. It's not at all bad though. Heavy upcoming games you say ? Forget about it, this card is not suitable for it.

So, if you are not really a huge gamer and needs stability, good image quality and features like good DVD of Media playback, Dual View etc etc .. hey then this card is a steal. It incorporates all NVIDIA patented technology you'll ever need from a graphics card.

StEwIe_GrIfFiN

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Getting Ready for BF2
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2005, 07:29:23 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Ins4n3
Stewie - you can get what you can afford, I undertsand, but you are going to waste more money in the longrun when your logitrash craps out 2 months down the road.

im gonna get the saitek, and no keyset, that will save me about $50 so i will get it. and my logitech joystick that i have has been working fine for about 8 years of playing, but i need a new one because it is very out of date.

so to be clear this is what im gonna do:
1) Buy BF2 dvd version
2) Buy either the Nvidia video card or the ATI video card
3) Buy a Saitek joystick
4) Don't Buy the Zboard

Ap3 Tit

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Getting Ready for BF2
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2005, 07:30:03 PM »

Okay Stewie, I'll lend my 1337 computer knowledge to a youngling like yourself. First off, since you don't have any prefernces, I can probably guide you in the right direction. First off, if you want to stick to your 129.99 price limit, then this is your best choice: http://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/FeedBack/CustratingReview.asp?item=N82E16814131213

But, if you wish to spend a little more (which I reccomend) then this card completely runs up and down on the 9800Pro:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814122206

Ultimately though, it's up to you. Either way, both cards are good and completely own the FX5500 and FX5200 to hell. The 256mb of memory in them is probably 64-bit, thus making it 256mb of shitty ass memory.

Ins4n3

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Getting Ready for BF2
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2005, 07:52:27 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Ap3 Tit
Okay Stewie, I'll lend my 1337 computer knowledge to a youngling like yourself. First off, since you don't have any prefernces, I can probably guide you in the right direction. First off, if you want to stick to your 129.99 price limit, then this is your best choice: http://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/FeedBack/CustratingReview.asp?item=N82E16814131213

But, if you wish to spend a little more (which I reccomend) then this card completely runs up and down on the 9800Pro:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814122206

Ultimately though, it's up to you. Either way, both cards are good and completely own the FX5500 and FX5200 to hell. The 256mb of memory in them is probably 64-bit, thus making it 256mb of shitty ass memory.

And don't be fooled by those two suggestions Stewie. Even though that 6600GT has less memory, it is by FAR better than a 9800. But if you decide o stick with your two original choices, then I suggest the Nvidia as well.

Oh yeah and Ap3, that 9800 isn't within his price limit LOL.

I suggest you read a bit about the 6600 chipset, and also I recommend http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=323288 if you don't mind spending the extra money on the video card.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2005, 08:04:08 PM by Ins4n3 »

Ap3 Tit

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Getting Ready for BF2
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2005, 08:55:49 PM »

It comes with a 10 dollar rebate.

Ins4n3

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Getting Ready for BF2
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2005, 08:58:09 PM »

Rebates or not, the base price is not in his limits ;). Hell the 6600GT has a rebate but he has to  actually PAY like $40 more than his price limit to get it at all.

Deus

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Getting Ready for BF2
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2005, 12:59:19 AM »

I've personally used ATI since I started building my PCs. I had an NVidia once and it gave me major driver problems. Obviously every person here has differing issues with either brand. The biggest things to worry about:

Grab ATLEAST 128MB of VRAM, 256MB preferably.

Check to make sure your MoBo has AGP capabilites, and if so, grab an AGP card, hands down. PCI Express would be preferable if you have a newer computer.

On that note, anyone know if BF2 can take advantage of PCI Express?

Carnage

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Getting Ready for BF2
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2005, 03:09:44 AM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* StEwIe_GrIfFiN
im gonna get the saitek, and no keyset, that will save me about $50 so i will get it. and my logitech joystick that i have has been working fine for about 8 years of playing, but i need a new one because it is very out of date.

so to be clear this is what im gonna do:
1) Buy BF2 dvd version
2) Buy either the Nvidia video card or the ATI video card
3) Buy a Saitek joystick
4) Don't Buy the Zboard

Why is it now a DVD-ROM?
And do mafia also gonna make servers with BF2? 'Cause if it comes out i wont be online on BF1942:D. But you understand that one:). (I hope)

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
Getting Ready for BF2
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2005, 04:18:40 AM »

We may run a bf2 server dont know yet but I am going to wait until they get a patch out to fix the massive bugs and network issues first.

Ins4n3

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Getting Ready for BF2
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2005, 04:22:16 AM »

I know that as of right now Rick is planning on running a BF2 server when the game comes out. That is of course as long as it isn't buggy as shit and eats away all his bandwidth.

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Getting Ready for BF2
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2005, 07:42:11 AM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Ins4n3
I know that as of right now Rick is planning on running a BF2 server when the game comes out. That is of course as long as it isn't buggy as shit and eats away all his bandwidth.

Do u guys know where i can get a faster motherboard, i have 2 comps, my faster(2.7 or somthing) and my slower(i dont know but i think 1.7ghz) the faster has a radeon 9000, and the slower has a radeon 9600... my dad wont let me install the 9600 on the faster, so wat i need is a faster motherboard, or watever to make the slower comp faster... wat do all u geniouses suggest

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 31 queries.