*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• March 29, 2024, 07:34:57 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: Getting Ready for BF2  (Read 9312 times)

StEwIe_GrIfFiN

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Getting Ready for BF2
« on: June 04, 2005, 02:12:26 PM »

Okay, I'm am so excited about the newly anticipated game coming out, Battlefield 2, and I am getting my computer ready for it so it can work at optimum efficiency. Mostly I am going to get a new video card, probably a ATI Radeon 9250 Video Card (100-436012) that has 256 MB. Or I will get a similar EVGA e-GeForce FX5500 Graphics Card (256A8N313DX) also 256 MB. Now i know thats not even close to the best, but it will do.

If anyone has a suggestion for a video card that is about $129.99 that are better than these that would be GREAT! Because i want the best, that is in my price range. And also if anyone has a say on whice of the video cards i listed above is better that would help me alot.

There is also one more thing i want to know is better, or what the difference is, and that is between the CD or the DVD version of BF2. I know that you need a special drive for the DVD version and I do have that, so if anyone were to tell me the differences between the two, that would be great. (ex. On MOH Pacific Assult, the DVD version has extras.)

Also, what is everybody else doing to get ready for BF2?

EDIT: For all of you who don't know Battlefield 2 comes out June 21! YEAH! :D
« Last Edit: June 04, 2005, 02:25:24 PM by StEwIe_GrIfFiN »

Ins4n3

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Getting Ready for BF2
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2005, 02:30:10 PM »

Get the nvidia card.

As for cd vs dvd. I don't think there is any difference except if you get the cd version and lose any one of those cds you aren't going to be able to reinstall.

Toblerone

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Getting Ready for BF2
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2005, 02:55:12 PM »

Yeah I reserved the dvd version...And to get ready for bf2?

Nothing. Ive got 1 gig of ram and a 2.5 ghz processor with a 128 mb graphics card...good enough for me.

StEwIe_GrIfFiN

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Getting Ready for BF2
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2005, 03:05:48 PM »

Thank You insane, i was leaning to the nvidia video card, and i will get it as soon as i get the money. :D
and the dvd ill go with then, i reinstalled BF1942 a lot so i will probably reinstall BF2 also.  

and i forgot to put that I am Going to get a new Joystick, i need one my joystick is the first wingman joystick to ever come out. And I also want to get the Battlefield 2 Limited Edition Keyset by Zboard. that will be cool. but the keyset is last on my list, and im going for a Logitech Freedom 2.4 Cordless Joystick.

Ins4n3

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Getting Ready for BF2
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2005, 03:20:22 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* StEwIe_GrIfFiN
Thank You insane, i was leaning to the nvidia video card, and i will get it as soon as i get the money. :D
and the dvd ill go with then, i reinstalled BF1942 a lot so i will probably reinstall BF2 also.  

and i forgot to put that I am Going to get a new Joystick, i need one my joystick is the first wingman joystick to ever come out. And I also want to get the Battlefield 2 Limited Edition Keyset by Zboard. that will be cool. but the keyset is last on my list, and im going for a Logitech Freedom 2.4 Cordless Joystick.

Shittiest joystick ever made. Get a Saitek.

Oh, and don't waste your money on the zboard, its shit.

*MAFIA* ßlåkjáx

• *MAFIA* Admin
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
Getting Ready for BF2
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2005, 03:40:15 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Ins4n3
Shittiest joystick ever made. Get a Saitek.

Oh, and don't waste your money on the zboard, its shit.

wat is this zboard u speak of?

StEwIe_GrIfFiN

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Getting Ready for BF2
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2005, 03:52:13 PM »

well i'm not quite sure, the price on the joystick is lower and it seems to be good, well its definetally better than my joystick i have now, and i dont have that much money. humm... but first comes the video card and the game. then any other extras.

and Blakjax this is the zboard http://www.zboard.com/us/Battlefield2/

Ins4n3

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Getting Ready for BF2
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2005, 03:52:30 PM »

Its a keyboard that you can buy "keysets" for different games. Basically it just moves the wasd keys and the main keys like crouch, prone, and 12345 keys to a seperate part of the keyboard. LMAO I love it. It says "be the fastest with labeled keygroups". Yeah, well while you are reading the pretty label switching your weapon I'll be pulling my knife out owning your ass.

Stewie - you can get what you can afford, I undertsand, but you are going to waste more money in the longrun when your logitrash craps out 2 months down the road.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2005, 03:57:35 PM by Ins4n3 »

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
Getting Ready for BF2
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2005, 03:57:45 PM »

Get the ati card nvidia blows I have used both and find ati has better performance under load.

Ins4n3

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Getting Ready for BF2
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2005, 03:59:17 PM »

I have also used both and ATI has fucked me over many times. Never had one single problem with nvidia.

Loaded

Getting Ready for BF2
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2005, 03:59:35 PM »

Insane why you telling him to get a NVIDIA card? Every time a new game comes out and they make a driver for that card things get ALL screwed up. I am sure you know about the driver problems just for BF1942 and BFV games. Now maybe things have changed, but I know I NEVER had a problem with ATIs drivers for any game.

About the stick… Yes get the Saitek. IMO stay with a cord, don’t get wireless.

EDIT... Posting when you two were.

*MAFIA* Bonehead

• *MAFIA* Founder
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
    • *MAFIA*
Getting Ready for BF2
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2005, 04:01:23 PM »

I never said nvidia failed me I just notice that the harder you push an ati the better it does nvidia does have a good low throttle processing thou I guess it depends on what its going to be used for but ati is the best imo for games nvidia is best for graphics and movies.

Ins4n3

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Getting Ready for BF2
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2005, 04:08:37 PM »

Well I don't know what you are talking about re: drivers. Like i said I have used both (2 ATI cards and 2 Nvidia cards over the past year) and I had loads of problems with both ATI cards. I didn't have one single problem with either Nvidia card. Update my drivers whenever there is a new set out and I have never ahd a problem in any game, so I don't know what you mean.

In my opinion Nvidia's quality and stability far surpasses that of ATI.

Loaded

Getting Ready for BF2
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2005, 04:25:53 PM »

I can only tell you what I have seen on the net. NOW it is possible the ppl that were having the problems were just ppl that didn't understand how to install drivers. BUT there sure has been alot of them over the last 3 years talking about problems with that card and its drivers for BF.

Oh... StEwIe as you can see your sig is installed.

Ins4n3

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Getting Ready for BF2
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2005, 04:30:53 PM »

Well I have no idea about THAT card. But the cards I have/had never gave me any problems. The ATI cards I have had (a 9200 and a 9800 pro) both gave me a bunch of driver issues, and even when I got those straightened out they just LOVED to overheat.

Everyone has their problems with one or the other and from what I have read, Nvidia usually has less problems. Now if there is something wrong with that particular card then by all means get the ATI, but If not get the Nvidia.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 31 queries.