*MAFIA* Forums

*MAFIA* Forums

• April 30, 2024, 09:30:20 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome back the Arcade! Play over 100+ games to get the high score and compete against other forum members.

http://www.mafiaowns.com/index.php?action=arcade;sa=list;sortby=a2z;

Author Topic: can't handle games?  (Read 6657 times)

Loaded

can't handle games?
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2006, 04:11:35 AM »

To check monitor drivers...

Right click on the desk top.

Click Properties.

Click Settings.

Click Monitor.

Click Properties

Click Driver. Now the name of your monitor should be in that window (next to the monitor pic), look under that and you will see who made the driver next to Driver provider, that name should be the same as the "Marker" of the monitor.

AFTER checking that and when you start to close everything, stop at the "Adapter" tab (next to the "Monitor" tab) and make sure it says the name of your video card in that window.

Now after checking that, go the "General" tab and look at the "Display" window, now look at the "DPI setting", make sure that setting is "Normal size (96 DPI)"

Yes it should work fine with Window drivers, but something isn't working like it should and I am just trying to cover all bases here. My problem is I can't see your computer and if I could I am sure I would know what was going on the minute I saw it, this type of thing over the net isn't the easiest thing to try and fix.

Don't give up, if you are not happy with what you are seeing, we have to fix it.

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
can't handle games?
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2006, 04:08:22 PM »

Quote from: Loaded
To check monitor drivers...

Right click on the desk top.

Click Properties.

Click Settings.

Click Monitor.

Click Properties

Click Driver. Now the name of your monitor should be in that window (next to the monitor pic), look under that and you will see who made the driver next to Driver provider, that name should be the same as the "Marker" of the monitor.

AFTER checking that and when you start to close everything, stop at the "Adapter" tab (next to the "Monitor" tab) and make sure it says the name of your video card in that window.

Now after checking that, go the "General" tab and look at the "Display" window, now look at the "DPI setting", make sure that setting is "Normal size (96 DPI)"

Yes it should work fine with Window drivers, but something isn't working like it should and I am just trying to cover all bases here. My problem is I can't see your computer and if I could I am sure I would know what was going on the minute I saw it, this type of thing over the net isn't the easiest thing to try and fix.

Don't give up, if you are not happy with what you are seeing, we have to fix it.

Monitor type=plug and play monitor
driver providor=microsoft
version=5.1.2001
DPI= 96
Thanks for being persistant with helping, hopefully it can be resolved. I just installed bf1942 today and the "shadowing" affect shows up in gameplay text aswell. It feels like i'm wearing glasses that i don't need, this double vision type thing is really bugging me. Do you want me to take a higher resolution screenshot of my screen?
What is the Alchole level pike at for you Duney.

Loaded

can't handle games?
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2006, 05:25:38 PM »

No... Screen shot just isn't going to show me what you are seeing.

Ok... You said you have a Dell right? So assume you have a Dell monitor as well? If that is the case we have to find drivers for that monitor. You should be able to look at the monitor for the name then go on Dells site and see if you can find drivers or you can go back to the monitor driver section like I said above, and click on "Update Driver" and see if windows will find it (let it go on the net when it ask), also when doing that put in your Windows CD 1st and maybe the driver is on that.

If you can't find the driver, give me the name of the monitor and I will try to find it. We have to get drivers for "your" monitor so we can get that out of the way, that will be just one more check mark off of this problem.

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
can't handle games?
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2006, 09:39:08 PM »

I tried the "update drivers" option and put in as many dell disks as i could find, none had the drivers. I can't find the name of the screen, but it's a 17 inch flat screen with a tube (very bulky looking) and it was shipped to us in 2001. It came with the dimension 8250(that's my comp model). All i know is that it's called the dell plug and play. Any other way i can find out the model?

Loaded

can't handle games?
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2006, 06:13:57 AM »

If it isn't on the front then look on the back, there has to be a sticker on the back with all the specs.

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
can't handle games?
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2006, 06:33:23 PM »

It says model number NOJ, the rest is in chinese.

Loaded

can't handle games?
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2006, 07:04:06 PM »

Quote from: *MAFIA* Wasserfaller
It says model number NOJ, the rest is in chinese.

Are you sure there isn't anything else on that monitor? I take it you don't have the book that came with it? I just don't see how a monitor sold in the U.S. has nothing in English on it. You did get it in the USA right?

What about the settings on the monitor to make adjustments, are they in English? Is there "Auto", Menu, setting anything on the front? Maybe you need to work the monitor adjustments.

I can't find any info about it on the net, as I am sure you would had guessed.

You said you have a 9700 pro right? Are there 2 different plugs you could plug the monitor into? If there is try the other plug. I am really running out of things to try here. Like I said, this isn't easy when I can't "see" the problem in person.

*MAFIA* Wasserfaller

• *MAFIA* Member
  • Forum Member
    • View Profile
can't handle games?
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2006, 09:08:21 PM »

I'm sorry that i can't let you see the problem, i don't have a digital camera to take a pic of it. There isn't another plug on the monitor, i just reconnected it to the tower where it used to be connected. It does have english instructions when you press the buttons on the front, it has an up/down button, ok button, and left/right ones as you probably knew. It has a small ~1.25 inch dell logo on the front and the power button's on the right side. It's 5 years old and i don't still have the booklet, but i could try to find the original shipping order which i think we still have. It only has http://www.dell.com and "dell product" printed on the back in english, the rest is in chinese and it says made in china, yep i bought it in US. I'll try to find the order release, gotta go to bed now.  I'll update when i find it.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 30 queries.